• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Robin64

The whole system stinks anyways. I can't just put an amiibo on hold for a while due to not having the money. Because nope, once I have the money the amiibo will be gone forever, into some void. Man, I really like some of these Amiibo's, but the hassle...

Yeah that's why I consigned myself to never getting them all from the start.

I have this grand vision of being able to walk into a shop at my convenience and buy an amiibo, but I guess it will never really happen.

Yeah that's why I consigned myself to never getting them all from the start.

I have this grand vision of being able to walk into a shop at my convenience and buy an amiibo, but I guess it will never really happen.

It's getting increasingly difficult. I think I've mentioned this before, but less and less retail stores carry amiibo anymore. Most of them have even gotten rid of their stock altogether.

If you want to get any amiibo you just have to be lucky and in front of the computer at the right time. Otherwise, it's a >30€ venture.

Linius

I feel incredibly lucky for being the proud owner of a Little Mac and Villager Amiibo. Though in reality it should just be able to walk into a store, put down 15 euros and walk out with one of these. Nintendo really fucked up with Amiibo's.

Hopefully I can manage to grab a woolen Yoshi at some point. I already secured a Charizard like a month ago even though it's not out for another month.

Sadist

Wooly Yoshi shouldn't be a problem... right?

But then again I want to buy the game + amiibo bundle, those don't seem to be very populair here in stores.

Linius

Haven't found them for pre-order yet. I'm thinking about buying too since I'll eventually have to get a Wii U anyways, won't I
jBX8nGI.png

Rosur

Wooly Yoshi shouldn't be a problem... right?

But then again I want to buy the game + amiibo bundle, those don't seem to be very populair here in stores.

Yea gonna buy the yoshi game + amiibo bundle and a blue yoshi just wish game/ amazon would add them to be preordered. Along with the splatoon girl/boy amiibos

empyrean

Not sure whether to get the Woolly World bundle or try and get the game and then Yoshi separately as so far all my Amiibo are in their packaging.

Mob

Not sure whether to get the Woolly World bundle or try and get the game and then Yoshi separately as so far all my Amiibo are in their packaging.

If it's like the Smash Bros & Mario Party bundles then it'll be a box that contains a sealed game and a sealed amiibo in regular packaging.

So you can get the bundle and still keep Yarn Yoshi in his packaging.

empyrean

If it's like the Smash Bros & Mario Party bundles then it'll be a box that contains a sealed game and a sealed amiibo in regular packaging.

So you can get the bundle and still keep Yarn Yoshi in his packaging.

Ah right, excellent, good to know thank you! i think the bundle may end up being easier to find than the individual Amiibo?

Koren

Yeah this annoys me. I just want to pre order Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus as they're the last two I want from the Smash lime (unless a character I really want becomes DLC), but since I'm away from home until next Thursday I feel that I'll miss the pre orders for them two since they're going to go really fast.
Same here... I've shortened a little my holydays in february, I'm think about not leaving at all in mid-april.

That's a bit stupid, though, because even if you're at home, you still have to be really quick to snatch preorders, so it's nearly an already lost game.

ZSS and Ganondorf are June, no? The worst part is that it could really well take them two months to open preorders :/

Linius

I can only hope so. Waiting for Dutch shops to at least ackowledge it's existence. So far I've only seen the game solo pop up. But I guess stores should get plenty stock of that too, so on release day it should be doable to find a copy.

MicH

I only have blue Yarn Yoshi, Greninja and Jigglypuff pre-ordered. I'm very nervous about the other Smash Amiibo

Had a mini heart attack, I refreshed the page and it didn't load properly so an "add to basket" button appeared momentarily on the pink yoshi amiibo

Didn't work tho.

MicH

Never ordered an Amiibo before. Does anyone know when Bowser Jr will be up for preorder?
He doesn't come out until July so it could be anytime between now and then. If you want him you better keep your eyes peeled as he'll probably sell out quick

Molemitts

He doesn't come out until July so it could be anytime between now and then. If you want him you better keep your eyes peeled as he'll probably sell out quick

So, no guaranteed date? He's the only Amiibo I want and if it sells out before I can get it then AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Koren

Never ordered an Amiibo before. Does anyone know when Bowser Jr will be up for preorder?
Ye who enter here, abandon all hope and sanity...

Usually, preorders appears without any logic. For wave 4, Amazon UK was one week and half earlier than FR and three weeks earlier than DE. For 4b and Yoshi/Splatoon, DE stroke first.

I only have blue Yarn Yoshi, Greninja and Jigglypuff pre-ordered.
Damn, I hadn't seen that Greninja and Jigglypuff went up on Amazon.de... I hope I'll be luckier with other stores :/

I've only an option on Yoshis and Splatoon LE for the moment...

MicH

Damn, I hadn't seen that Greninja and Jigglypuff went up on Amazon.de... I hope I'll be luckier with other stores :/

I've only an option on Yoshis and Splatoon LE for the moment...
They did? I got mine from a Danish retailer

blazeuk

The game/amiibo sets are available to preorder (Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World) but the individual amiibo's don't allow you to order yet even if you're signed in.
I just made an account. No luck, looks like they don't do preorders.
Ah thanks, will probably make an account as well as a standby, when they are up for preorder but hopefully I can keep to GAME/Amazon/Shopto/Nintendo UK store for the new waves.

Jacobs

The game/amiibo sets are available to preorder (Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly World) but the individual amiibo's don't allow you to order yet even if you're signed in.

I get the "No Stock Remaining For This Item" message when ordering the games. Also they won't ship to mainland europe.

Koren

Don't you worry, if you are not activly pressing f5 on the webistes, then once you hear it going on sale, it WILL be sold out.
So true...

I missed Splatoon preorders because I was typing an email (checked before and after)

I missed Wave 4 preorders on Amazon UK because I was showering, on Amazon fr because I was in a train, on Amazon DE because I was in the bus.

It became a pure game of luck.

Here are the links to all the new Smash Amiibo on game.co.uk - in case anyone wants to bookmark them for quick access when they do go up :p

These are all easily accessible with a quick google search so I figured there was no reason to hide the URLs behind quotes... but if we think they should be then please say and I'll fix it!

WAVE 4B
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JIGGLYPUFF
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ami-amiibo-jigglypuff-557531

GRENINJA
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ami-amiibo-geninja-557533

WAVE 5:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PALUTENA
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ami-amiibo-palutena-557542

DARK PIT
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ami-amiibo-dark-pit-557544

WAVE 6
ZERO SUIT SAMUS
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ami-amiibo-zero-suit-samus-557546

BOWSER JR
http://www.game.co.uk/en/bowser-junior-amiibo-557568

OLIMAR
http://www.game.co.uk/en/olimar-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-557564

GANNONDORF
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ami-amiibo-ganondorf-557548

DR.MARIO
http://www.game.co.uk/en/dr-mario-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-557566

Linius

That insecurity man, it's killing the hunt. If shops would just communicate when their shit goes online. Ain't nobody got time to sit at home all day to press F5.

That insecurity man, it's killing the hunt. If shops would just communicate when their shit goes online. Ain't nobody got time to sit at home all day to press F5.
The annoying thing how short they stay up online cause along with other European folks we've also got to compete with American peeps =/

I just don't get why they can't say when they're going to go live, like concert tickets
They're going to sell out in 2 minutes anyway, at least this way people will be able to know in advance "oh, I won't be able to get one then".

I just don't get why they can't say when they're going to go live, like concert tickets
They're going to sell out in 2 minutes anyway, at least this way people will be able to know in advance "oh, I won't be able to get one then".

Simple; they know they're going to sell, they couldn't give 1/10ths of a shit who they sell them to.

Also with GAME, will these be the bullshit £15 price tag?

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Their initial pre-orders in January were £10.99 then they jumped it up to £14.99 soon after. Half expecting them to just start with £14.99 this time.

This waiting is not at all fun, 'shortly' could mean anything from today til probably Wednesday since it's a holiday weekend...

Top Bottom