• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So NA gets not only Squid but even a Splatoon 3 pack with all of them with a saving of $4 while we are stuck with no discount and the squid amiibo being exclusive to Splatoon Bundle Edition?

Fuck them if confirmed

Spades

So NA gets not only Squid but even a Splatoon 3 pack with all of them with a saving of $4 while we are stuck with no discount and the squid amiibo being exclusive to Splatoon Bundle Edition?

Fuck them if confirmed

Wait, so the squid or the triple pack isn't coming to EU? I was watching the NA stream but assumed all of this stuff was universal.

JonnyKong

I'm trying to be really good and control myself so out of the newly announced last night I'm just aiming for,

Ganondorf, Olimar and Bowser JR (who looks frigging amazing) I'd go for Dr Mario too, but it seems odd to me having two different versions of the same character.

Quite obviously I need a yarn Yoshi, although I dresd to think how expensive they will be.

I'm not too fussed about the two Splatoon figures, but the squid looks amazing. Shame you can only get him in a special edition pack which I bet only Game sells, but if the Nintendo UK store stock it then I'll be all over that.

Now to play the waiting game and watch all the websites like a hawk for when they put up the preorders.

I'm really hoping we are past the stage of stalking websites and we can just walk into a shop and actually buy the things.

Spades

It's a shame that the GAME website doesn't give priority to UK customers for 24 hours or so after pre-orders go up.

Heads up to german gaffers:

Wave 4 Daraen/Robin and Lucina are still available for preorder on www.saturn.de.

Sadly, i don't know if they deliver to other EU countries ... but i think they have stores in Austria, the Netherlands, Swiss etc., so maybe it's possible to order from there too!

Robin64

The Mario Kart 8 additional costumes that are coming might as well have the heading "Look at all the amiibo you were stupid enough to not preorder". :(

Any ideas about when preorders are likely to go up? Judging from the last time around, I'd imagine GAME will be first up. IIRC, their preorders for Wave 4 went up on 21 January, a week after they were announced in the January Nintendo Direct so we should be looking at something similar this time, I'd guess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Mario Kart 8 additional costumes that are coming might as well have the heading "Look at all the amiibo you were stupid enough to not preorder". :(
All I want is a helmetless option. :( Or at least let Miis with twintails have the hair sticking out of the sides.

Spades

Any ideas about when preorders are likely to go up? Judging from the last time around, I'd imagine GAME will be first up. IIRC, their preorders for Wave 4 went up on 21 January, a week after they were announced in the January Nintendo Direct so we should be looking at something similar this time, I'd guess.

Who knows! I'm going to be checking GAME and ShopTo every bloody hour, though!

JonnyKong

I think I'll try order both the special editions of Splatoon and Yoshi. At least that way I know I get an awesome amiibo and hopefully an awesome game to go with it.

Robin64

Hnngghhh.....

CBky-ToWIAAVnKQ.jpg
CBky-PcWEAEG8wL.jpg

SO GOOD.

At least with the Splatoon collection being only 3 of them, it might be possible to complete that collection while remaining sane!

Wonder what pricing is going to be like on the Yarn Yoshi. I don't think they could justify £10-15 for it, so perhaps £7.99 or something around that mark?

RiggyRob

Wonder what pricing is going to be like on the Yarn Yoshi. I don't think they could justify £10-15 for it, so perhaps £7.99 or something around that mark?

Oh they'll justify it. Watch GAME crank up the price to £15+.

Interesting that Yoshi now has more versions than Mario in EU (fuck the U.S. Gold and Silver Mario amiibo).

Oh they'll justify it. Watch GAME crank up the price to £15+.

Interesting that Yoshi now has more versions than Mario in EU (fuck the U.S. Gold and Silver Mario amiibo).

If they keep the price sub-£10, I'd buy all three Yarn Yoshis. Go to £10.99-whateverthehellGAMEendupchargingoutsidetheirnarrowpreorderwindow and I'd get one.

Spades

What are your thoughts on the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards; do you think they will be "blind" packets of cards? I love the excitement of opening card packs (long-time football sticker addict!) but it's going to be tough to get a complete set this way.

Robin64

What are your thoughts on the Animal Crossing Amiibo cards; do you think they will be "blind" packets of cards? I love the excitement of opening card packs (long-time football sticker addict!) but it's going to be tough to get a complete set this way.

Given there are currently at least 95 of them, I'm pretty sure they'll be blind packs. Trading will be highly encouraged.

Spades

Given there are currently at least 95 of them, I'm pretty sure they'll be blind packs. Trading will be highly encouraged.

That's alright; I actually don't mind that to be honest. Opening packs is part of the thrill with things like MTG, etc. I'll just buy a booster box and then hopefully trade with people on GAF!

Yeah, definitely expecting blind packs and for Nintendo to encourage trading - also expecting it to lead into a potential Wii U Animal Crossing.

Really quite excited by the potential in amiibo now, as Nintendo seem to be embracing the idea they talked about of treating it as a platform, and surprising players and encouraging them to try using an amiibo to see what happens. They need more things like the Greatest Bits app, and more small, fun in-game implementations in future titles now.

How long did the ShopTo preorders for Wave 4 go up after the announcement? I just remember trying to get Pac-Man and Robin and being promptly told to sod off...

MicH

Those Yarn Yoshi are so adorable! I hope I can refrain myself from buying all three - I just want the blue one :D

de_reddy

Neo Member
EU PSA:

all Amiibo (remaining Wave 4 announced, Wave 5 and Wave 6, as well as splatoon) are available for pre-order at www.gameware.at

Just got my pre-order in!

I really want to pre-order, but i'd prefer if I already received the wave 4 pre-orders to see if they deliver. Also, their release dates are different from the ones mentioned in the BE direct yesterday, so I don't know.

Anybody actually ever pre-ordered there and can tell something about the service?

You have the option to use a credit card and being charged only upon shipping.

Thanks, I had just realized that thanks to Google translate too and I was going to update my previous post.

According to this store the amiibo will release: ZSS & Ganondorf on July, Palutena and Dark Pit on September. For that reason it didn't let me order one single package, and those four cost me 79'98€.

I'll definitely cancel this preorder if I can get them on Amazon or another store. Such prices!

edit: I see they still have stock for WFT and Marth.

Top Bottom