• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

JoeM86

I really really love the Splatoon amiibo. Like, just as figures. A bonus of newer amiibo, such as this range and the Super Mario one, is that they can be designed as amiibo from the word go. No more weird plastic bits holding them up to accommodate a Smash Bros trophy pose.

Even though I'm going to get it, I fear for the Duck Hunt amiibo. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they change the pose for it.

RiggyRob

Even though I'm going to get it, I fear for the Duck Hunt amiibo. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they change the pose for it.

It shouldn't be too bad - there's a mockup on reddit:

X43GdQ8.png

Something similar to that would be alright I reckon.

I too dislike some of the stupid poses that the Smash collection has but for the more obscure characters like Captain Falcon, I'm fairly sure this is the only rendition of them we'll ever get.

Rosur

Think I've manged to get the inkling girl + boy on ShopTo (along with jigglypuff).

Now just the yarn yoshis to get.

Not even sure what is going on with Shopto currently, I got a pre-order for Palutena and checked the pre-orders section to make sure she was there, refreshed and now she has been removed.

Mumups

Just managed to preorder the new wave on shopto, although they keep dissapearing and reappearing on my preorder list so it's making me nervous :S

Chipworm

I only want Zero Suit Samus. Shopto insists I have reached the limit for pre orders on her, but I haven't managed to successfully get one through yet. :(

just woke up from a nap and seem to have missed out on zero suit samus, ill take it as punishment for ordering the slaptoon and yoshi stuff on amazon France yesterday

Ok... now all of a sudden I have 2 Palutena pre-ordered. I guess if you managed to get through the process of pre-ordering and selecting if you want to pay on card or paypal then a pre-order has gone through even if it disappears from your list.

un1que

Ok... now all of a sudden I have 2 Palutena pre-ordered. I guess if you managed to get through the process of pre-ordering and selecting if you want to pay on card or paypal then a pre-order has gone through even if it disappears from your list.

Try the app. I had more success with that.

JonnyKong

I went through the app and it says I have Ganondorf in my pre orders.

I'll be trying to get him from the Nintendo site though cos the prices are a joke really on shop2.

nemisis0

Got all the ones on shopto but might go somewhere else if cheaper since I don't like the price hike, also its one per person so more people will have a chance.

Evilmaus

Secured a pre-order for the Inkling Girl on ShopTo, but I've never used the site before and heard really mixed opinions about it.
Is there anything I should be worried about?

Spades

Secured a pre-order for the Inkling Girl on ShopTo, but I've never used the site before and heard really mixed opinions about it.
Is there anything I should be worried about?

No, ShopTo are fantastic. I've used them for years, almost exclusively for my pre-orders. They might not be the cheapest online, but I always get my pre-ordered Amiibo and games at least one day early, sometimes two. They also post each Amiibo individually in a box when posting, if you're worried about packaging being pristine.

H1PSTER

No, ShopTo are fantastic. I've used them for years, almost exclusively for my pre-orders. They might not be the cheapest online, but I always get my pre-ordered Amiibo and games at least one day early, sometimes two. They also post each Amiibo individually in a box when posting, if you're worried about packaging being pristine.

I am going to rebuttal this.

I preordered from them before and didn't receive my order properly, but was instead sent two Lucario.

They did however offer to pay postage on my return and ship what I wanted though If they didn't have what I wanted in stock I think I would have been doomed.

I also ordered a Rosalina from them and it came with the box creased, however this could be due to the Rosalina being a return or one they found in their warehouse, but withheld due to the status of the box.

--

Saying that, I used to adore ShopTo but they haven't been as good as they used to be, at least for me.

jeffers

shopto did cancel my ness though and left me screwed.
gonna wait for greninja and the jiggly from amazon or nintendo (I had done it on .fr but my lack of french meant I thought that final confirmation page was the success page -.-)

Will be interesting to see what happens with ShopTo, as the preorders today were an absolute clusterfuck :-D

Managed to get Ganondorf, ZSS, Palutena and Dark Pit through but I only have a confirmation email for Ganondorf, who I got in before the site did a Paula Radcliffe. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those three were cancelled later, but we'll see.

Assuming they hold, I'm just after the Splatoon bundle when it releases and keeping an eye out for preorders for Olimar, Bowser Jr and Dr Mario. I'm going to be pretty glad - and I suspect Nintendo will be too - when the Smash line is done, and I expect future releases to be more limited and carefully managed ( Mario Party, Splatoon and the Yarn Yoshis suggest a way forward I think).

Flintty

What the fuck is Nintendo playing up with the 'GAME like' bundles? Let me buy an Amiibo on it's own ffs!

I'm not angry.

Just desperate!

orders finally went through and *should* now have Charizard and Lucina from Shopto in April, followed by Greninja in May and Zero Suit in June. Then from Nintendo UK I should be getting Ness in April and Splatoon + Girl in May.

While I'm happy that I managed to grab Greninja and Zero Suit, £15 is a little too tenacious for my liking, hopefully Nintendo will put them up at a more sensible price and I can cancel with Shopto.

Hobohodo

Got everyone I want from Shopto aside from Jigglypuff and Greninja. Hoping I can get them from amazon at closer to £10 mind.

EDIT: Greninja just came back in.

samvii

Neo Member
Pre-ordered the Splatoon Boy on ShopTo but their site is awful to use...

Hoping Amazon UK gets them in for retail instead... although I'll probably miss it.

I'm not into collecting I just want one and it shouldn't be this difficult.

Spades

Curious that ShopTo did not put up Dr Mario, Olimar or Bowser Jr - perhaps indicating that they're not getting any allocation? Or are they all the last wave?

Son Of D

So ShopTo aren't accepting my card. Fuck them. Going to wait for Nintendo Store UK or Amazon.

Curious that ShopTo did not put up Dr Mario, Olimar or Bowser Jr - perhaps indicating that they're not getting any allocation? Or are they all the last wave?
They're the last wave of those announced. After those it's just Duck Hunt Duo, ROB, Game and Watch and Falco left of the non-DLC roster.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So I decided to check if the squid amiibo is already available for preorders on amazon.de and ..Rosalina is 60 euro? Really? I can get a friggin Samus Figma for $50 with shipping across the pond!

JoeM86

They're not out until July. Chances are ShopTo don't want to put pre-orders more than 2 months ahead of launch for them

TheMoon

They're the last wave of those announced. After those it's just Duck Hunt Duo, ROB, Game and Watch and Falco left of the non-DLC roster.

I'm so glad we're almost done lol.

I love amiibo but I prefer fewer of them and a bit more spaced out.

javac

Ended up pre-ordering ZSS, Dark Pit, Palutena, Jigglypuff and Greeninja. Don't care for Gannon and I already have the Splatoon triple pack ordered from Japan for around £20 and have the game itself pre-ordered for £22 so I skipped the Nintendo store offer. I don't really trust Shopto with these pre-orders, haven't people been burnt with them in regards to Amiibo in the past? I guess its good enough for now, but I will look for an order with Nintendo UK Store and cancel my Shopto orders.

Crazy, that's a very peculiar set of amiibo left, will be an interesting wave. Looks like they'll all be rare lol.

Ordered Jiggs, Greninja, Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit and Splatoon Boy from Shopto.

I almost definitely won't actually be getting all of those, but it's good to put my name down for something I'm interested in (plus finally getting a UK Jigglypuff order makes me feel whole inside). Does anyone know about how reliable Shopto is at fulfilling their Amiibo orders?

Shy

I believe it's like this.
On ship if you use a card. At the time if you use paypal and the launch is more than a certain amount away. I forget how long.
Cool thanks.

One more thing, are other places going to get the inkling amiibo pack, or just club nintendo. ?

Spades

Cool thanks.

One more thing, are other places going to get the inkling amiibo pack, or just club nintendo. ?

It'll be available in many places. It's already available on ShopTo. GAME will certainly stock it at some point as well.

Ended up pre-ordering ZSS, Dark Pit, Palutena, Jigglypuff and Greeninja. Don't care for Gannon and I already have the Splatoon triple pack ordered from Japan for around £20 and have the game itself pre-ordered for £22 so I skipped the Nintendo store offer. I don't really trust Shopto with these pre-orders, haven't people been burnt with them in regards to Amiibo in the past? I guess its good enough for now, but I will look for an order with Nintendo UK Store and cancel my Shopto orders.

Crazy, that's a very peculiar set of amiibo left, will be an interesting wave. Looks like they'll all be rare lol.
Who was selling the triple pack for about £20?

Top Bottom