• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Ashler

I have a preorder on Gameware.at too for all of Wave 5. Did you see the launch date they state on that site? It's July and September, like in the USA... I'm kind of worried about that.

Well they do say Expected/Probably "voraussichtlich". My guess is they had no dates set when the pre-orders went up.

Edit: Got an email back from their customer support:

Customer support said:
Hello xxxx,

our current release dates are just wild cards. We’ve just received official data by the publisher and revised the dates accordingly.

Wave 5 will be released in June,

Wave 6 in July,

As for the origin of said amiibos – they’re all made for the German/Austrian/Swiss-Market.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Best wishes

Well they do say Expected/Probably "voraussichtlich". My guess is they had no dates set when the pre-orders went up.

Edit: Got an email back from their customer support:

Thank you very much for sharing this! I just checked my preorder and the dates have been accordingly updated.

It's looking very promising again :)

Urg. I checked ShopTo for the new amiibo yesterday morning, and nothing, get an e-mail later in the day about the Splatoon bundle and by the time I get there the triple pack is gone, and ShopTo are out of Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Does anyone know when we can expect the Nintendo UK store to update with the new amiibo?

During launch week.

MicH

Scandinavia-GAF:

Webhallen has all the new amiibo (Smash wave 4B. 5, 6. Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi) up for pre-order. They take an extra 100 kr for the Yarn Yoshi though, so it seems that they're gonna be more expensive. Thankfully I got them pre-ordered for the normal amiibo price at CDON

Scandinavia-GAF:

Webhallen has all the new amiibo (Smash wave 4B. 5, 6. Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi) up for pre-order. They take an extra 100 kr for the Yarn Yoshi though, so it seems that they're gonna be more expensive. Thankfully I got them pre-ordered for the normal amiibo price at CDON
I take it they don't ship internationally? :(

Linius

The strangest thing about the Yoshi url is that it is marked as splatoon...

Yep, pretty odd. But the everything else seems about right. And as opposed to the standard edition of the game they also show the real boxart + that green yarn Yoshi.

Pretty sure these items will pop up normally soon enough though. This usually happens with pre-order items. Hopefully the rest of the Amiibo's will follow soon.

Saw this pop up yesterday on twitter, seems like an error. I don't see why the Dr. Mario amiibo of all should be compatible with Splatoon.

Could be an error, could be a weird unlockable or could be that other amiibo will unlock cosmetics in Splatoon and Dr Mario was just noted first.

mktrOOp

Banned
After seeing the Yoshi Wolly World Amiibo...I think I need to buy more of these amiibos. And now my question: How IikeIy is it to get a Toad Amiibo here in Germany? I know...probabIy it's too Iate and weII...I visited two saturns and two gamestops today and was onIy abIe to get a perfect painted viIIager...but the SMB coIIection seems to be rarer than expected. So, what options do I have? :(

After seeing the Yoshi Wolly World Amiibo...I think I need to buy more of these amiibos. And now my question: How IikeIy is it to get a Toad Amiibo here in Germany? I know...probabIy it's too Iate and weII...I visited two saturns and two gamestops today and was onIy abIe to get a perfect painted viIIager...but the SMB coIIection seems to be rarer than expected. So, what options do I have? :(

willing to import from the UK? http://www.game.co.uk/en/toad-amiibo-classics-collection-324218?catGroupId=

The Yarn Yoshi amiibo look great I never would have imagined they'd experiment with other materials with the amiibo, or go outside the standard size for them. Remember when they showed off a Yarn Yoshi at E3 last year? Maybe they were teasing it then, but looking for images of it, I found out GAFer Neiteio actually predicted they'd use them as amiibo too.

I already got the Smash Yoshi for my brother at Xmas, and then the Mario series Yoshi for myself last month. He's not one of my favourite characters so I doubt I'll invest in another, especially if they all have the same function, but very cute regardless.

de_reddy

Neo Member
I assume Dr. Mario = Mario Mario = Smash Mario => all Marios have compatibility with Splatoon and unlock FLUDD Mario or something wild.

I don't think these amiibo's have the same id, otherwise you would unlock a Mario npc in Smash when scanning the dr. Mario.

TheMoon

I don't think these amiibo's have the same id, otherwise you would unlock a Mario npc in Smash when scanning the dr. Mario.

That doesn't matter.

Toon Link = Link
Sheik = Zelda
Smash Mario = SM Mario

in other games (HW, MP10). The game just needs to know that all Marios are Mario or all Links are Link.

Thanks, appreciated.

Right, had a look on the system for everything.

Splatoon - Game + Amiibo bundle is available to place a deposit on, no individual Amiibo SKUs yet.

Yoshi - Same as Splatoon. There is also a SKU for a bundle of the LE game bundle with the pink and blue Yoshi Amiibos but it isn't a deposit code and probably doesn't work yet.

Smash - No deposit codes for any of the wave yet, there are free pre-order SKUs for Palutena, Jigglypuff etc. but since they aren't deposit codes like every other Amiibo I doubt they'll be actually functional.

Cappa

Banned
I pre-ordered all of Wave 4 with MediaMarkt here in Spain, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They allow "preorders" for everything. I remember going there to see if they had any Toads, the ones they did were already reserved but they let me put my name down for one if it came in.... still haven't gotten a call lol

blazeuk

Fantastic job by GAME there, hopefully they're not already completely wiped out by the time most of us wake up in the morning.

javac

Why would they do that...luckily I'm up until 4am watching some shit and they say allocation is 'strong', but man GAME are absolute fools.

Top Bottom