• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

The stress has gone...

giphy.gif

I managed to get the Smash amiibo and the Splatoon amiibo.

Just need the Yoshi and the least 3 Smash...

blazeuk

Even with postage my Greninja and Jigglypuff order with Amazon.fr still works out cheaper since Shopto and GAME seemingly wanting £15 for amiibo's now.

Holy shit, ShopTo just fell the fuck over :-D

I've never seen it go down like that so quickly and so thoroughly. Only managed to grab Ganondorf, but it's one more off the list so...

JoeM86

The stress has gone...

giphy.gif

I managed to get the Smash amiibo and the Splatoon amiibo.

Just need the Yoshi and the least 3 Smash...

Yep. I'm waiting for Yoshi and these amiibo on NUK, but as I have them on ShopTo, I don't have to rampantly look. If I miss them on NUK, it's not that much of a catastrophe...just a £4 each one

For all those getting angry about the Nintendo UK store, keep one thing in mind.

It is still not possible to order this stuff from mainland europe, meaning that i, a resident of good old germany, cannot order from the Nintendo store, ALTHOUGH THE FRIGGIN EU--HQ IS IN GERMANY!

Sorry for capslock, this was a rant directed to Nintendo! Acknowledge that there are (many) other countries in the EU that might want to order stuff too!

Zafir

For all those getting angry about the Nintendo UK store, keep one thing in mind.

It is still not possible to order this stuff from mainland europe, meaning that i, a resident of good old germany, cannot order from the Nintendo store, ALTHOUGH THE FRIGGIN EU--HQ IS IN GERMANY!

Sorry for capslock, this was a rant directed to Nintendo! Acknowledge that there are (many) other countries in the EU that might want to order stuff too!

It's rather odd. Nintendo Store UK is ran by Zavvi/thehut. Zavvi/thehut do European shipping, so it's kind of bizarre that the Nintendo Store UK doesn't.

RiggyRob

£40 for the Splatoon + squid bundle is pretty good.

Question is, is the squid worth £17 when getting Splatoon for £23 from TGC?

JoeM86

Only problem I have is it adds up to 1/2 amiibos ;__;

Yeah.

I'm totally screwed that weekend

£62 on Splatoon Special Edition + 2 Amiibo

£21.99-£29.99 (hopefully the former) on Greninja/Jigglypuff

£125 on train to UK Pokémon Nationals

£x on food at the above.

Not to mention earlier that month is Kirby and Puzzle & Dragons Mario. May is the new November.

EXACTLY
:)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

That's why if I ever fancy getting the squid I'll just import from Japan. Doubt the inclusion of postage will shoot it over the £17 mark.

Mob

The Squid & Splatoon bundle is £35 on Shopto (if it's still there when the site stops playing up).

The only option to get a squid without the game is to import from Japan (or a 3 pack from the US) so I guess its worth it if you want it. I doubt you'd get it with shipping from Japan for less than £12.

Yep. I'm waiting for Yoshi and these amiibo on NUK, but as I have them on ShopTo, I don't have to rampantly look. If I miss them on NUK, it's not that much of a catastrophe...just a £4 each one

Yeah same here, If I can get them cheaper elsewhere then cool, but if not I'm reasonably safe in the knowledge that I have them secured.

I'd love to get the 3 Yoshi ones too, but my main priority is Dr.Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr - Gotta keep my smash collection complete :p

69wpm

So I managed to get the Splatoon LE + the Boy and Girl amiibo - but all separate. Any way to merge those into one order? Couldn't figure out how to do it due to the site not loading correctly.

So I managed to get the Splatoon LE + the Boy and Girl amiibo - but all separate. Any way to merge those into one order? Couldn't figure out how to do it due to the site not loading correctly.
They won't merge them, Shopto is weird in that they'll send it out individually.
urgh i have no idea if i manage to get those amiibo from shopto or not... :/
Did you get an email confirmation I got one for all the amiibo I've ordered.

UK Nintendo bundle does not seem to be the triple pack, so I don't really care.

Still need that Greninja preorder though. Amazon is quiet today so far.

Spades

I really hope I'm online when the wooly Yoshis go up. I desperately want the pink one for my desk :(

I need to get a set of the wooly Yoshi's for myself and my daughter, so I need to get doubly lucky as all sites (rightfully so) have a one item per customer policy.

Grabbed the Splatoon (S) girl Inkling bundle from Nintendo for £45 which is a good deal in my eyes.

I only want Greninja and Zero Suit Samus and then I'm done until Mewtwo and Lucas amiibo's ;_;

Please, anywhere just let me preorder them ;_;

All the amiibos appeared in my pre-order list, plus e-mails were received for each. Ordered all the new ones that they put up (Only Olimar, Doc Mario, Bowser Jr and the Yoshis weren't there).

What the heck. I'm not paying 5 pounds each for shipping. Guess I'll stick with Amazon.fr then.
Ah not to sure if they do that for orders outside the UK, but I think they do do that, someone will need to correct/back me up on it.
nope, but somehow it exist in my preorder list... should be fine i guess :\
Server's probably taking a battering lol, might take a little for them to be sent but guess you'd be fine with it in your preorder list.

RiggyRob

That's why if I ever fancy getting the squid I'll just import from Japan. Doubt the inclusion of postage will shoot it over the £17 mark.

The Squid & Splatoon bundle is £35 on Shopto (if it's still there when the site stops playing up).

The only option to get a squid without the game is to import from Japan (or a 3 pack from the US) so I guess its worth it if you want it. I doubt you'd get it with shipping from Japan for less than £12.

£35 is an even better deal - it's strange that ShopTo has the bundle for £35 when the Inklings are £15 each, that'd make the game effectively £20.

Then again, I'm not too bothered about the Splatoon amiibos, it's different when it's a long standing Nintendo character with nostalgia or your favourite game series, but a new IP doesn't quite have the same 'I need it now' factor.

What does the squid amiibo even do for the gameplay? Anything? I know the boy and girl inklings added clothes I think? But now I don't know if I should change my order while I can...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Last time I tried to buy something from ShopTo they wouldn't accept my card so I don't use them as an option. And like I said, I don't even know if I want to squid form one for now so the save of £17 can be a permanent saving that could go elsewhere.

Mob

£35 is an even better deal - it's strange that ShopTo has the bundle for £35 when the Inklings are £15 each, that'd make the game effectively £20.

Then again, I'm not too bothered about the Splatoon amiibos, it's different when it's a long standing Nintendo character with nostalgia or your favourite game series, but a new IP doesn't quite have the same 'I need it now' factor.

Yeh, considering the price of their individual amiibo I was very impressed with the Splatoon bundle price!

samvii

Neo Member

Ordered the game myself from TGC this morning so I could use the easter promo code (2off20)

Only really want the Boy Squid Amiibo so I'll just wait for that to surface somewhere I guess...

Surprised the game was so cheap for a Nintendo first party title!

Finally have a Greninja and a Jigglypuff in my ShopTo pre-order list. I hate a lot of things about this constant mad rush for new characters, but I think I hate myself more for not being able to say no and bailing out of amiibo collecting altogether.

...and I just want the Pokemon amiibos. I don't know how you folks collecting them all cope with all this nonsense.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So pleased I managed to get this. The shirt is way too small for me and will go on eBay.

11100913-1734283948290731.jpg

ShopTo is currently doing the "reset your password" stuff... Sigh.

Rosur

Ordered the game myself from TGC this morning so I could use the easter promo code (2off20)

Only really want the Boy Squid Amiibo so I'll just wait for that to surface somewhere I guess...

Surprised the game was so cheap for a Nintendo first party title!

Yea got it 23 at TGC hope I can pick up the girl amiibo sepeartly if not I'll sell the t-shirt/ Limited edition of splatoon once I get the amiibo's from the Nintendo's store

JoeM86

Finally have a Greninja and a Jigglypuff in my ShopTo pre-order list. I hate a lot of things about this constant mad rush for new characters, but I think I hate myself more for not being able to say no and bailing out of amiibo collecting altogether.

...and I just want the Pokemon amiibos. I don't know how you folks collecting them all cope with all this nonsense.

We can take solace in the fact that after the July amiibo, there's only like 5 Smash amiibo left to get.

Not interested in Splatoon or the Amiibos for that but i think i've managed to snag:

Jigglypuff (i haven't got an e-mail conf for this one but can see it in my pre-order list in the breif moments the site is not dead)
Ganondorf
Greeninja
Palutena
Dark Pit
Zero Suit Samus

We can take solace in the fact that after the July amiibo, there's only like 5 Smash amiibo left to get.

Until Rumble World or some other Pokemon game shows up with amiibo support and the hell begins again.

I will fight tooth and nail for Mewtwo and that's a promise.

JoeM86

Until Rumble World or some other Pokemon game shows up with amiibo support and the hell begins again.

I will fight tooth and nail for Mewtwo and that's a promise.

Bound to get a Wii U port and the arcade already uses BANA Passports to save your character data. It's bound to have amiibo support for the ~15 Pokémon it'll have available to save the stats/customisations so you can take it to a friend's house.

Bound to get a Wii U port and the arcade already uses BANA Passports to save your character data. It's bound to have amiibo support for the ~15 Pokémon it'll have available to save the stats/customisations so you can take it to a friend's house.

I...would pay quite handsomely for Pikachu Mishima. Oh no.

Robin64

I really really love the Splatoon amiibo. Like, just as figures. A bonus of newer amiibo, such as this range and the Super Mario one, is that they can be designed as amiibo from the word go. No more weird plastic bits holding them up to accommodate a Smash Bros trophy pose.

Spades

I really really love the Splatoon amiibo. Like, just as figures. A bonus of newer amiibo, such as this range and the Super Mario one, is that they can be designed as amiibo from the word go. No more weird plastic bits holding them up to accommodate a Smash Bros trophy pose.

Agreed. I think the Super Mario collection ones are WAY nicer than the Smash Brothers collection.

Top Bottom