• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

javac

Cool thanks.

One more thing, are other places going to get the inkling amiibo pack, or just club nintendo. ?

In the UK, the Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl are available separate only while the Green Squid Amiibo is only available with the limited edition Game and all of these should be available everywhere in these configurations, but expect the Limited Edition game, and henceforth the Green Squid to be very limited.

The bundle on the NIntendo UK Store that has all three Amiibo (Boy, Girl and Squid) plus the game and shirt is a store bundle and not official. Wouldn't be surprised if other stores like GAME group them together for a 'mega bundle' of sorts.

Who was selling the triple pack for about £20?

It was Amazon Japan, and cost me 3,240 Yen which is around £18, mind you it'll cost me around £5 more for delivery, but I'm fine with that!

TheMoon

Evening guys, quick question.
Does club nintendo charge right away for pre-orders, or when it ships. ?

FYI: you're talking about the Nintendo UK Store. Not Club Nintendo. The store has nothing at all to do with Club Nintendo.

sammex

Managed to get Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Ganondorf. Jigglypuff and Greeninja all gone - arf. Sucks they put the price up too, expected that kind of thing from GAME but not Shopto.

Still living in hope of getting a Robin or Ness pre-order. I'm always a few hours late. :/

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So... I was frustrated with ShopTo crapping out earlier today and thought all my attempts were in vain, but....

I just checked and in the Summary -> Preorders section, I apparently successfully ordered Ganondorf and Palutena \o/

So, in other words, if you kept getting empty error messages earlier, check there :D

sphinx

the piano man
Question for German Gaffers:

has demand here finally outstripped supply??

2 weeks ago I went to my local saturn which always had plenty of amiibos considered rare in America (villager, Marth, pit, etc) but it looked kind of ransacked.. no Marths no Captain Falcons..

how do you guys describe the current landscape in Germany?

Managed to get ZSS, Greeninja and Palutena from Shopto and Splatoon bundle from Nintendo.co.uk all on my phone. Phew nice haul if I do say so myself.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Is there an amiibo checklist anywhere? It's very easy to lose track.

EDIT: Doh! Missed the OP. XD

Costia

I wonder in which country is the topic creator.

Zelda is at this point unicorn rare in Germany.

There are no official amiibo in my country ,but zelda is 18$ with free shipping from japan on ebay. It's one of the cheapest amiibo there.

Put in preorders for Dark Pit/Palutena/Ganondorf/ZSS at shopto.

The worst that can happen is they cancel the preorders and give the free £5 credit again per cancelled order.

Cappa

Banned
Nope. I bet they will stay US-exclusive.

but it isn't just a US thing..... people in Peru and Chile have gotten them.

VtDglv9.jpg

Rosur

Shopto order confirmation emails arriving now. That price hike didn't hurt them at all.

yea got them as well. Though also seems I can preorder still (doesn't look like a supply limitation so their probably gonna have to cancel or pay out that £5 Guarantee per order...)

Spades

Very surprised that ShopTo is already taking wave 5 preorders when we haven't seen those anywhere else. Expect the worst!

No need to expect the worst. When I spoke to them last week, they mentioned that they wouldn't be adding pre-orders to the site until they knew their allocation from Nintendo. So if there are any issues, I expect it'll be from Nintendo's side, not ShopTo's.

Gameware.at had all on pre-order since 2nd of April.

Because Gameware.at is not trustworthy for allocation and has ridiculous prices.

No need to expect the worst. When I spoke to them last week, they mentioned that they wouldn't be adding pre-orders to the site until they knew their allocation from Nintendo. So if there are any issues, I expect it'll be from Nintendo's side, not ShopTo's.

Ok, that inspires confidence!

Cappa

Banned
Question for you guys/gals.

Are some of the Wave 4 amiibos releasing earlier in EU? Game.es lists Ness charizard wario etc releasing 24/04 and was wondering if that's correct or are they also pushed back like Na until may?

Are some of the Wave 4 amiibos releasing earlier in EU? Game.es lists Ness charizard wario etc releasing 24/04 and was wondering if that's correct or are they also pushed back like Na until may?

No, that is correct. We keep the earlier release.

Here is the realse dates:

wave 4A - robin, lucina, pacman, ness, wario, charziard - 24th April

wave 4b - jigg and greninja - 29th may

wave 5 - Gannondorf, ZZS, Palutena, Dark Pit - 16th June ( That is the date set by shopto right now)

wave 6 - ollimar, bowser jr, dr mario - july sometime.

Ordered Jiggs, Greninja, Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit and Splatoon Boy from Shopto.

I almost definitely won't actually be getting all of those, but it's good to put my name down for something I'm interested in (plus finally getting a UK Jigglypuff order makes me feel whole inside). Does anyone know about how reliable Shopto is at fulfilling their Amiibo orders?

Putting in my orders too.
Edit: Wait hold on, Shopto can fuck off. £15 for an Amiibo now!?

Spades

Well, my local GAME has confirmed that they are taking in-store pre-orders for Yoshi yarn bundles. I'll pop in later today and find out what the score is.

Well, my local GAME has confirmed that they are taking in-store pre-orders for Yoshi yarn bundles. I'll pop in later today and find out what the score is.
The deposit code for it was active on the system last Saturday (listed as Yoshi Wolly World + ) so it probably still works today, it needs to be searched for though.

Spades

The deposit code for it was active on the system last Saturday (listed as Yoshi Wolly World + ) so it probably still works today, it needs to be searched for though.

Is it just the official bundle that they're taking pre-orders for, or can you pre-order the individual Amiibo also?

Cappa

Banned
Here is the realse dates:

wave 4A - robin, lucina, pacman, ness, wario, charziard - 24th April

wave 4b - jigg and greninja - 29th may

wave 5 - Gannondorf, ZZS, Palutena, Dark Pit - 16th June ( That is the date set by shopto right now)

wave 6 - ollimar, bowser jr, dr mario - july sometime.
Thank you both.... I have yet to see any preorders go up on game or Amazon here so that is why I was confused.... Spain is a mess when it comes to pre-ordering

Is it just the official bundle that they're taking pre-orders for, or can you pre-order the individual Amiibo also?

Official bundle I presume, although hard to tell with the poor naming of the SKUs. It was a £5 deposit code and functioned correctly. None of the Yoshi Amiibo SKUs were up, a couple of Smash ones like Palutena were but not active, I didn't check Splatoon. I'll check them all again when I head into work this afternoon.

true Gek

I've tried for days to preorder a Charizard-Greninja amiibos but here in Italy is pretty impossible. Gosh I hate this situation :S

Semajer

Urg. I checked ShopTo for the new amiibo yesterday morning, and nothing, get an e-mail later in the day about the Splatoon bundle and by the time I get there the triple pack is gone, and ShopTo are out of Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Does anyone know when we can expect the Nintendo UK store to update with the new amiibo?

Because Gameware.at is not trustworthy for allocation and has ridiculous prices.

16'50€ is still cheaper than 20'99€ on ShopTo.

Gameware.at had all on pre-order since 2nd of April.

I'll let you know if/when my order comes in.

I have a preorder on Gameware.at too for all of Wave 5. Did you see the launch date they state on that site? It's July and September, like in the USA... I'm kind of worried about that.

Top Bottom