• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Saw an innocent squid inkling on display at CeX. Got me tempted to bring my Wii U and tap their Splatoon amiibo. Then a thought struck me, why don't they run an amiibo scan service! £2 a pop! Maybe the Wii U would be too time consuming but for the n3DS we're talking seconds.

You need to tap the splatoon amiibos whenever you want to do the amiibos content.
Each one takes at least an hour to complete to unlock the rewards. Its effectively 20 of the single player stages to complete, with a gimmick, per amiibo. Every 4 stages gets you a reward. Probably would work for simple unlocks like Mario kart or maker though.
So that's not a good idea for splatoon at least.

Looks like Shopto are shipping another wave early. Just got a notification that Duck Hunt Dog has been shipped. No emails about the others yet though.

Looks like Shopto are shipping another wave early. Just got a notification that Duck Hunt Dog has been shipped. No emails about the others yet though.

Just got a text about that, I was like "What the hell is this?" I thought someone hacked my account, logged in then remembered I preordered the entire wave there, had to cancel them quick as I already got them on preorder at Nintendo.

Kito

You need to tap the splatoon amiibos whenever you want to do the amiibos content.
Each one takes at least an hour to complete to unlock the rewards. Its effectively 20 of the single player stages to complete, with a gimmick, per amiibo. Every 4 stages gets you a reward. Probably would work for simple unlocks like Mario kart or maker though.
So that's not a good idea for splatoon at least.

Scratch what I said about Splatoon... amiibo shortages making me ignorant ;-;

Shopto delivered the goods a week early!

image_zpshwhtxvfj.jpg

Well now it's your turn to get Woolly World pics for the album!

..assuming you have it, of course.

Edit: Actually just need ROB, Duck Hunt and Game & Watch.

Got Mii Brawler, Mii Sword Fighter, Mii Gunner, and Falco. (FALCO!)

Sadly, I don't open them until I have my second set. I wait to see which have the worst condition boxes and then open those ones.

Luckily, R.O.B had a bent box, so he got opened. Here's the Miiverse post from Yoshi's Wooly World. Feel free to add it to the album.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhnSWnYRg

TheMoon

I had somehow missed it, so I, at least, am glad for the reminder... I'll buy the pack, but I'm thinking about keeping one in box, the box is quite nice...

the best thing about this is: you can safely avoid the USK logo on the game box.

EmiPrime

Xenoblade Chronicles LE is up on the Nintendo UK store for £60.

Not sure I will bite at that price...

(I know this is the amiibo thread but it's also the "Hopeless addicts who spend too much on Nintendo stuff" thread)

Xenoblade Chronicles LE is up on the Nintendo UK store for £60.

Not sure I will bite at that price...

(I know this is the amiibo thread but it's also the "Hopeless addicts who spend too much on Nintendo stuff" thread)

Now, if only they would sell skell amiibos :(....

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wish the packaging was easier to open. I'd just like to remove the front plastic cleanly and keep the cardboard, but as it is you risk ripping it if you try doing that.

TheMoon

I wish the packaging was easier to open. I'd just like to remove the front plastic cleanly and keep the cardboard, but as it is you risk ripping it if you try doing that.

You cut the front plastic at the base. I leave the top connected so you could theoretically put the figure back in and you wouldn't know it has ever been opened unless you pick it up and touch it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You cut the front plastic at the base. I leave the top connected so you could theoretically put the figure back in and you wouldn't know it has ever been opened unless you pick it up and touch it.

I display them outside the boxes. I'd just rather be able to keep the backing rather than the complete packaging since the room they take up adds up. Well, I'll just carefully pack them away in a box and store them in the loft.

TheMoon

I display them outside the boxes. I'd just rather be able to keep the backing rather than the complete packaging since the room they take up adds up. Well, I'll just carefully pack them away in a box and store them in the loft.

I got that, was just giving that as an example to show you can use it that way. Or just cut off the whole thing and basically just have a tiny plastic frame on the cardboard and throw the front plastic away. No damage to the artwork required. Use a utility knife or similar.

Hmm what is everyone else doing about the Game & Watch extra positions in terms of display/storage - do we know of any extra bases (without the nfc chip) that can be bought or something similar besides buying 3 more G&W amiibo for the bases?

TheMoon

Hmm what is everyone else doing about the Game & Watch extra positions in terms of display/storage - do we know of any extra bases (without the nfc chip) that can be bought or something similar besides buying 3 more G&W amiibo for the bases?

does not exist. buy extras or wait until someone comes up with custom made bases.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well since they arrived before I set off I haven't had time to look at them in detail, but each stand has a little slot in it. Due to G&W's flat structure putting something in that slot perpendicular to him should provide enough balance to keep them standing.

Will play around with them tonight.

Duck hunt dog, R.O.B. and Mr Game & Watch arrived from Nintendo 30mins ago, along with a nice (and unexpected) Mario Bros 30th anniversary pin badge. Well happy :)

does not exist. buy extras or wait until someone comes up with custom made bases.

Yeah i'd love the official bases... not sure I can stomach the extra £45 for 3 more though :(
Custom ones would be awesome though so fingers crossed :p

Well since they arrived before I set off I haven't had time to look at them in detail, but each stand has a little slot in it. Due to G&W's flat structure putting something in that slot perpendicular to him should provide enough balance to keep them standing.

Will play around with them tonight.

Ahh... interesting, I hadn't thought of that, could be a pretty good way of getting them to stand up for display at least!

Top Bottom