• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
lol

Another case of people buying into things because they're the in thing and hard to get. Will they ever learn? Luckily figurine collecting was something I was already into so I knew how to approach this from the get go which is why I only have eight so far.

JoeM86

lol

Another case of people buying into things because they're the in thing and hard to get. Will they ever learn? Luckily figurine collecting was something I was already into so I knew how to approach this from the get go which is why I only have eight so far.

Saw one saying that restocks have ruined the value of the collection.

I only got the ones of characters I like. Granted that means I currently have 28 Smash amiibo figures, 1 Yarn Yoshi, 4 Smash amiibo pre-ordered (ROB, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch and Mewtwo) and the Classic Mario coming.

Man I am a sucker :p

Then when Pokkén inevitably gets its amiibo...

Robin64

Yeah, I only get characters I like. The problem is, I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, so that means I like most everything.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I only get characters I like. The problem is, I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, so that means I like most everything.

While I like a lot of characters, I was also picky on quality. I know some people don't mind the supports but honestly things like Captain Falcon's stick in a leg or WFT's foot cast put me off them.

Then there's the characters that have more than the Amiibo, for example Toon Link nendoroid > Toon Link Amiibo so I went for that or for Mario I have so many other Mario figurines I don't need another one (though I got Dr Mario since he's a unique Mario version).

jeffers

Yeah was just jesting. I get the characters I like, e.g. I'd get female robin if they had that =( but have 25 or so so far. skipped what I thought would be common or fixed, like kirby and link respectively. Also feeling I should get kirby as a memento to Iwata (got ness).

MyUnit_Female_Size3_Set.jpg

Though it'd have to be 2nd in from bottom row right side.

TheMoon

Ah did they all get another batch? i've been out of the scene for a while now and just saw a little mac and though "oh shit!"

yea pretty much everyone has gotten their turn.

dedede, meta knight, rosalina, little mac, toad, marth (redesign), villager (redesign)...

The only one that i would believe i srare now is Super Mario Bros. Peach. Damn she is much better than her Super Smash Bros. version but not a single one to be found :(

I think most are in stock on GAME's site and in store nowadays, mostly because the bastards staunchly sell them for £14.99 and always have done since release. When I go to my local one now I see more of a selection each time but there's no way I wanna buy into it or support it. Got all the ones I really want now anyway luckily, until the DLC ones come out or a Super Mario wave 2 with Daisy and Waluigi.

Koren

Their official post on their site stated the amiibo will be compatible with other Yacht Club Games and Nintendo games.
I read the post like TheMoon, but I can see it being compatible with a Nintendo game.

But it's not a Smash base, and if they intended to put it in Smash soon, I'm pretty sure it would have been included in the Smash Amiibo Line, and not be a specific line.

BTW, it's only the second Amiibo that doesn't belong to a line, with Chibi Robo, no? Interesting choices...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Don't know why people keep using GAME. So many problems this year.

I actually stopped using them but earlier this year I ended up fufilling two people's requests for orders and both were from GAME. Both order arrive on time with no trouble and packaged well.

Their preorder for Mario Maker appealed to me more than Nintendo's own so I thought I'd give them a chance with my own order for the first time in ages. They cock it up.

Sod's law.

Robin64

Ugh. Realised my Nintendo Store preorder for the Mario Maker amiibo bundle is using an old card that got stolen. It won't go through if they try to charge it. Nothing will let me change the payment details on that order, and if I can cancel I lose it. I've sent a message, but I'm not very hopeful. :\

Also, ShopTo are being quite cheeky.

ms8nkSk.png

Porcile

Ugh. Realised my Nintendo Store preorder for the Mario Maker amiibo bundle is using an old card that got stolen. It won't go through if they try to charge it. Nothing will let me change the payment details on that order, and if I can cancel I lose it. I've sent a message, but I'm not very hopeful. :\

I had this problem. They will hold your order and send you an email where you can put in your new card details. No need to panic!

EmiPrime

Slightly off topic but have the Nintendo Store put up pre-orders for the Xenoblade Chronicles X LE yet? I assume they haven't because they usually send out an email for that sort of thing. Just hope I haven't missed it!

Spades

So I've been looking at pre-orders for the Skylanders/Amiibo crossovers.

The Wii U starter set comes with Donkey Kong.
The Wii and 3DS starter sets come with Bowser.

Is the only way of getting both figures really to pre-order the starter set twice? That's fucking bullshit. I had assumed all along that both would be either included in the starter bundle or would be available as individual figures.

11131269-8064308604803195.jpg

Top Bottom