• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Robin64

Huh. Disc only? Or a mistake?

3.jpg

Any idea when the OT will be updated? It's finally gotten to that stage where it's become difficult to follow which Amiibo are out.

Also, any news on how the cards are selling? I'm desperately waiting for them to be reduced in price. ~£100 to complete the first set and then £400 for all 4 sets is insane. Fair enough with the Amiibo themselves but these are just cards ffs.

So what are you guys doing about the two supercharger figures? I was thinking of buying the two games as they are now 30 and 35 each on argos, and then selling them back to cex without the bowser and dk amiibo and their cars. Hopefully they'll take it.

What about the dark versions though? That's where it gets complicated... They cost about 75 each which comes to 150... Not releasing them seperately? Seriously?

And any news on gold and silver Mario? They would make for perfect rewards for the new club nintendo replacement.

CeX seem to list the starter packs for the skylander games implying you need to trade the whole pack in. Going into a store with one in stock should help answer that question though.

Are the Nintendo skylanders usable in the XB1 version of super chargers or can they be only used on the wii and wii u version?
Nintendo only. They don't appear on the character poster and the starter pack is the only way to get them (annoying if you want Bowser but don't care for a Mario Kart clone).

Think about the question you're asking again. Say it out loud.

"Are the NINTENDO (!!!!) Skylanders usable in the Xbox One version."

I am aware of the fact that they are Nintendo characters, but with them being skylanders products, which by their very nature are designed to be used across systems, is it really such a stupid question?

TheMoon

I am aware of the fact that they are Nintendo characters, but with them being skylanders products, which by their very nature are designed to be used across systems, is it really such a stupid question?

Well, to be perfectly honest, yea I think so. Sorry if that's harsh but there's just no way you're gonna run around as Bowser and Donkey Kong on your Xbox or PlayStation.

Well maybe it is, but as far as I am aware they are the first to be locked out of a system. Cant harm to ask the question can it? Just not expecting that kind of answer from gaf, thought I had posted on reddit for a minute there.

TheMoon

Well maybe it is, but as far as I am aware they are the first to be locked out of a system. Cant harm to ask the question can it? Just not expecting that kind of answer from gaf, thought I had posted on reddit for a minute there.

Just don't worry too much about it. It happens. :)

Again, sorry for being harsh but it's a very clear cut case.

While it is a silly question to ask whether they'd be recognised as bowser or dk themselves, are they actually not recognised at all? Not even to give you a free item or something?

TheMoon

While it is a silly question to ask whether they'd be recognised as bowser or dk themselves, are they actually not recognised at all? Not even to give you a free item or something?

Now that would be something that's not out of the question. Then again, what's the likelihood of that scenario. It would have to be the edge case of someone with a non-Nintendo being friends with another person that has a Nintendo version which came with them.

Now that would be something that's not out of the question. Then again, what's the likelihood of that scenario. It would have to be the edge case of someone with a non-Nintendo being friends with another person that has a Nintendo version which came with them.

There are many people without Wii U collecting Amiibo, and even more without a Wii U collecting all of the Skylanders.

CeX seem to list the starter packs for the skylander games implying you need to trade the whole pack in. Going into a store with one in stock should help answer that question though.

Nintendo only. They don't appear on the character poster and the starter pack is the only way to get them (annoying if you want Bowser but don't care for a Mario Kart clone).

Yeah I noticed they don't have the games as stand alone. Will have to go in and see.

But if you're mostly just collecting, what use is the game functionality?

Might aswell play with them if you've spent all that money already :p I'm sure quite a few of the people who collect all of the Skylanders (and therefore have the bowser and dk ones too) play at least some of the games.

I collect all the Amiibo and it makes me happy when a game makes use of them.

Ok so the Skylanders amiibo look great. Sadly my DK one doesn't stand perfectly straight as it seems to be too heavy and leans forwards a bit but other than that they look fantastic.

As for the games.. it seems I can't really sell them as they are unplayable without the skylander amiibo and the vehicle (which I also want to keep). The 3DS game I really like because it gets straight into racing and is actually pretty fun (it's no Mario Kart but I prefer it to sonic racing). Also I have 60 3DS games so it fits right in. However I condensed my Wii U collection down to only games I would actually sit down and play (this means I got rid of, yes, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Wind Waker. I was spending way too much money on games I just don't have the energy to play) so I really don't want to keep the Wii U version (it's not a bad game at all btw) but I have no idea what to do with it really.

Also.. how the frick does a normal person get the dark skylander amiibo?!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Isabelle is a not a stand alone here then. How's it looking abroad. Do I have to keep an eye out for Japan now?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is this confirmed? Bummer. I have no interest in the game.

Well I haven't seen her in any of the shop listings so I'm fearing the worse. Shame, her being in a Winter outfit would have been a nice compliment to my Isabelle Nendo.

Spades

I wonder if they'll make more of the clear cases that appear to come with the Animal Crossing bundle:

11184748-1024337611637670.jpg

11184748-6874336858859448.jpg

I'd pick up a few of these for sure.

I wonder if they'll make more of the clear cases that appear to come with the Animal Crossing bundle:

http://s3.thcdn.com/productimg/600/600/11184748-1024337611637670.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://s2.thcdn.com/productimg/600/600/11184748-6874336858859448.jpg[IMG]

I'd pick up a few of these for sure.[/QUOTE]

They're for sale individually at Nintendo's site in the amiibo section, problem is that they cost £9.99 which is just excessive to me.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uKuBunO.gif

Spades

They're for sale individually at Nintendo's site in the amiibo section, problem is that they cost £9.99 which is just excessive to me.

uKuBunO.gif

Yeah, that's just crazy. You're basically doubling the cost of your Amiibo collection if you do that. And I don't even want to know how much my complete collection cost me as it is anyway.

Yeah, that's just crazy. You're basically doubling the cost of your Amiibo collection if you do that. And I don't even want to know how much my complete collection cost me as it is anyway.

Amiibo has made me realise how much money I could save up in such a short space of time.

Spades

Amiibo has made me realise how much money I could save up in such a short space of time.

Ha. Every time I look at my shelf, the smile on my face makes it worth it. Plus, I love getting new ones in the post anyway.

I'm sure my daughter will enjoy them when she is a little older, too.

Zalman

Danish retailer here just updated with all the AC amiibo except standalone Isabelle and Digby. Odd, I thought they were releasing separately. I'm certain they will later though.

JonnyKong

Just been thinking, we must be coming up to the one year anniversary of amiibos going on sale in the UK? That's gone very fast.

I think like most things in life the novelty of buying them has worn off a little. It seemed so much more exciting buying them upon first release when they were rare and new. I have fond memories of coming across a Kirby and Villager in Smyths when they were so hard to find everywhere else. I think I also associate amiibo hunting with the general vibe of autumn/Christmas which is my favourite time of the year, so seeing all the original guys like Pikachu and Fox sitting there on my display stand brings back some nice nostalgic memories.

Zafir

Just been thinking, we must be coming up to the one year anniversary of amiibos going on sale in the UK? That's gone very fast.

I think like most things in life the novelty of buying them has worn off a little. It seemed so much more exciting buying them upon first release when they were rare and new. I have fond memories of coming across a Kirby and Villager in Smyths when they were so hard to find everywhere else. I think I also associate amiibo hunting with the general vibe of autumn/Christmas which is my favourite time of the year, so seeing all the original guys like Pikachu and Fox sitting there on my display stand brings back some nice nostalgic memories.

I've basically had to just stop buying them since I just don't have the money for them any more. Animal Crossing's CE is basically to the extent I'll go.

I feel like they just release them too often, but maybe that's just me.

Kyonashi

Any idea when the OT will be updated? It's finally gotten to that stage where it's become difficult to follow which Amiibo are out.

Also, any news on how the cards are selling? I'm desperately waiting for them to be reduced in price. ~£100 to complete the first set and then £400 for all 4 sets is insane. Fair enough with the Amiibo themselves but these are just cards ffs.

I've been away for a while but I can update the OP soon, I need to just refresh myself. Does anyone have any feedback/suggestions?

Old post I know...the investor presentation was pretty telling here. Cards were in US and Japanese top 5 sales but outside the top 10 in Europe.
26l.jpg

The seems like clear under performing if I've ever seen it. Unless Animal Crossing sells worse in Europe or lower N3DS adoption or something else that could also explain it that isn't them being twice the fucking price...

Another source claims cards 70k cards were sold in France who have 800k amiibo sold in total.

But this is the same Nintendo who still stubbornly think €1 is worth £0.90.

Top Bottom