• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Koren

Holy crap. I just learnt about Gold Mega Man. How the heck do we get that in Europe?!
I'm knida glad we don't see those recolored versions in Europe... I'm crazy enough to still collect all of them, but I've limited myself to the ones available in EU, and I'm not really interested in a color variation like that. Especially gold/silver.

I admit I've imported a ROB, though, because I don't know which color scheme I prefer in this case.

Robin64

Might actually hold off importing Famicom ROB, given the new leak..

5oc22co.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
Is it worth to buy an Amiibo just to look at it?

I really liked Mabel and KK Slider from AC, never had an Amiibo nor a use since I refuse to buy either spinoff.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is it worth to buy an Amiibo just to look at it?

I really liked Mabel and KK Slider from AC, never had an Amiibo nor a use since I refuse to buy either spinoff.

That's what I use them for so I've only bought a handful. Only ones I really bought for functionality were the Splatoon ones because I managed to snag the triple pack for a good price.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I posted this in the Amiibo Festival review thread as a follow up to another post but it'll probably be more useful there. I got the final price for the Isabelle Amiibo from AmiAmi (JPN import) including shipping which is 1776¥. This is just under a tenner so a pretty good alternative for UK fan.

It's still available.

mclem

Any ideas where to look for Amiibo around Black Friday? Hoping to pick up a couple if they go on offer.

No idea what the prices will be, but Amazon are having some on sale today from 10:30 (at least for Prime members, don't know how long they get in advance). Just Duck Hunt and Ike, but I'm curious what they'll end up as.

Edit: R.O.B from 1:30, too.

Jofamo

Did anyone else preorder any standalone Animal Crossing amiibo from Amazon UK?

My copy of AC amiibo Festival shipped fine and on time yesterday, but this morning a recieved an email to say my Tom Nook and Mable amiibo have been delayed to 19 December, for stock reasons?

I preordered both of those a good few weeks ago when they were all in stock, so this is disappointing. Anyone else affected? I'm just gonna head into town and hopefully pick them up in person somewhere today.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still wish Resetti was in the ground being angry. His trophy in Melee was my first introduction to him and that's how I've always seen him.

No idea what the prices will be, but Amazon are having some on sale today from 10:30 (at least for Prime members, don't know how long they get in advance). Just Duck Hunt and Ike, but I'm curious what they'll end up as.

Edit: R.O.B from 1:30, too.
30 minutes. Can be a total crapshot if anything is left for "plebs". A few examples; Kirby and the rainbow curse had about 30% left a few days ago (which three days later is still Preparing for Dispatch) while Sonic Lost World 3DS was completely sold out.

There is also Mii Brawler 4:30PM/5PM.

But for non-prime £1.99 delivery is going to eat into the savings quite a bit.

Robin64

Argos have the AC amiibo in (Mabel, Nook, KK, Lottie, Cyrus, and Reese) but while their amiibo have always been £10.99, these particular ones are £12.99.

And Falco is £12.99 too. Dammit, Argos.

The Amazon Ike and Duck Hunt amiibo are £8.99. What a joke. Ike has been cheaper in the past weeks (outside of the crazy cheap glitch) and once you add £2 delivery (if you're a pleb) you're at RRP.

RiggyRob

Arriving home from work to a box of Amiibo is just the best.

lo4rkPg.jpg

£113 just sitting in a box.

30 minutes. Can be a total crapshot if anything is left for "plebs". A few examples; Kirby and the rainbow curse had about 30% left a few days ago (which three days later is still Preparing for Dispatch) while Sonic Lost World 3DS was completely sold out.

There is also Mii Brawler 4:30PM/5PM.

But for non-prime £1.99 delivery is going to eat into the savings quite a bit.

Kirby was 95% gone at 12:30pm, which is when the deal went live for non-Prime members.

Jofamo

So further to my previous post, I cancelled my Amazon UK order with a delivery date of December 19, and reserved the same two amiibo for in store pickup at my local Argos later this afternoon.

However, I'm getting notifications now that Amazon are relisting the Animal Crossing amiibo, but have upped the price from the £13.33 I had them at to £14.96 with a release date of November 23. That's pretty shady Amazon. C'mon.

I used to rely on a mix between Amazon UK and Nintendo UK for my amiibo, but with the release of the AC wave both have let me down. Nintendo only have the amiibo as bundles, and aren't selling separately, while Amazon delayed my order for seemingly no reason, which made me panic cancel it, only to relist them now.

Bah.

Chopper

So further to my previous post, I cancelled my Amazon UK order with a delivery date of December 19, and reserved the same two amiibo for in store pickup at my local Argos later this afternoon.

However, I'm getting notifications now that Amazon are relisting the Animal Crossing amiibo, but have upped the price from the £13.33 I had them at to £14.96 with a release date of November 23. That's pretty shady Amazon. C'mon.

I used to rely on a mix between Amazon UK and Nintendo UK for my amiibo, but with the release of the AC wave both have let me down. Nintendo only have the amiibo as bundles, and aren't selling separately, while Amazon delayed my order for seemingly no reason, which made me panic cancel it, only to relist them now.

Bah.
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/search/?q=Amiibo#1&profile=UK

Is there anywhere selling Amiibo cards series 2 that is not game nad smyths?

All the local Smyths and game store either have sold out or never got any in :(

Semajer

I didn't realise that the cards included in the Wii U Animal Crossing were unique. Did Happy Home Designer come with any unique cards?

Junahu

Arriving home from work to a box of Amiibo is just the best.

lo4rkPg.jpg
I really appreciate how the Isabelle/Digby container can just be popped open. Lets me actually play the game and then re-package the Amiibo again.

That 3-Amiibo bag is actually quite useful. You can fold down the little dividers in order to turn it into a more conventional baggy. I'm using mine to hold my DS and all of my GBA games

mclem

Just noticed on the Nintendo store, there's now a somewhat better deal on the Animal Crossing Series 1 album: A bundle of five packs of cards with an album included for the cost of five packs of cards. It's not quite a full saving on the cost of the album, since the standalone album itself comes with a pack of cards, but if you're buying a bunch of cards anyway there's little reason not to pick up the album too.

If nothing else, seems a good reason to hold off on the Series 2 album!

Edit: AND STANDALONE YARN YOSHIS!

Blue
Pink

Top Bottom