• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Old post I know...the investor presentation was pretty telling here. Cards were in US and Japanese top 5 sales but outside the top 10 in Europe.
26l.jpg

The seems like clear under performing if I've ever seen it. Unless Animal Crossing sells worse in Europe or lower N3DS adoption or something else that could also explain it that isn't them being twice the fucking price
Maybe in Europe and particularly in the UK where we're more cynical, we can't justify the price for some cards with limited functionality and moreso justify a collectable figure. That's how I look at it anyway. Also don't we get less in a pack or something here too? That's got to be a factor. The new Animal Crossing game is just a bolt on which I can't see many people going wild for.

I never even noticed that, and now I can't stop noticing it. Thanks!
Sorry!!! It isn't as bad on Fox but is garish on Falco due to his pose showing just one eye. With all the ugly coloured transparent bases they made they couldn't melt some of the leftover plastic from that to make some scouters?

Any idea when we're gonna get Ryu?
Aw man I totally forgot about him. I don't like Ryu but since I'm a Street Fighter fan I guess I'll have to pick him up anyway.

I neeeed a new Direct :(

Zafir

Maybe in Europe and particularly in the UK where we're more cynical, we can't justify the price for some cards with limited functionality and moreso justify a collectable figure. That's how I look at it anyway. Also don't we get less in a pack or something here too? That's got to be a factor. The new Animal Crossing game is just a bolt on which I can't see many people going wild for.
We get the same amount of cards as the Japanese do. The price is pretty awful at a lot of places in the UK though. Not sure about Europe.

We get the same amount of cards as the Japanese do. The price is pretty awful at a lot of places in the UK though. Not sure about Europe.

Prices in Europe are pretty bad. Three cards shouldn't cost more than 3 euro max. But I see them for 5 to 8 euro...

Robin64

GAME will still happily sell you a pack of AC cards for £5.99. In comparison, the same pack in Japan will cost you £1.60.

Spades

GAME will still happily sell you a pack of AC cards for £5.99. In comparison, the same pack in Japan will cost you £1.60.

That pisses me off. I just order all my packs on eBay these days in bulk. I've just pre-ordered a booster box of Season 2 cards for the wife for Christmas. Cost me £96 shipped.

Robin64

Yay!

CTEmAxrWIAAOkbU.jpg:small

This is seriously the best amiibo because it's like having the actual Chibi Robo RIGHT THERE, given the whole scale thing.

mclem

Yay free cards.

Dear Jonny

Thanks for ordering Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer with the Nintendo Official UK Store.

As you will be aware we were unable to send out The Animal Crossing amiibo Cards Collectors Album and / or Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Kits with your original order.

We are pleased to advise that all of these additional items have now been sent, and as an apology for this delay we have also included 1 pack of Animal Crossing amiibo Cards for each effected purchase.

Y'know, I've had a few screwups from the Nintendo store now, but I have to say, they do a really good job of making up for it. The highlight was when they (physical copy of) HHD was held up for a bit... so they sent me a digital code on the release day, while the physical copy was still in transit.

TheMoon

So Chibi Robo standalone seems to really be MIA in Germany. I went to the stores and asked around but it seems to be coming but they're not sure when.

Went and ordered one from Amazon France.

Kyonashi

100 pages! my little thread is getting so big. I remember when I was still trying to hunt down Rosie and eagerly anticipating the MK release.

Will try and update the OP this week, currently trying to fix my broken PC.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Only reason our thread slowed down it's cause it's become so easy to get ANY *EU* amiibo out there now, no more crazyness :)

Anyway, xposting here from the NA thread 'cause I'm going crazy and internet pics do nothing to clear my doubts: which one's more the "official/average" Ganondorf amiibo cape's look, should the cape be "open/floaty/windy" with more space between it and Ganon's back? or more close to the back, following Ganon's waist and be "roundy" around the edges? Lol sorry for those fuckin' terms... I have both, have to give one away but I like 'em both so I wanna go for the "official" look.

pics should help a bit even tho they're terrible with glare and stuff:

Click to enlarge:
Left: more open
Right: more tight

TheMoon

Only reason our thread slowed down it's cause it's become so easy to get ANY *EU* amiibo out there now, no more crazyness :)

Anyway, xposting here from the NA thread 'cause I'm going crazy and internet pics do nothing to clear my doubts: which one's more the "official/average" Ganondorf amiibo cape's look, should the cape be "open/floaty/windy" with more space between it and Ganon's back? or more close to the back, following Ganon's waist and be "roundy" around the edges? Lol sorry for those fuckin' terms... I have both, have to give one away but I like 'em both so I wanna go for the "official" look.

pics should help a bit even tho they're terrible with glare and stuff:

Click to enlarge:
Left: more open
Right: more tight

look at the trophy in smash u, rotate it.

mine:

Y'know, I've had a few screwups from the Nintendo store now, but I have to say, they do a really good job of making up for it. The highlight was when they (physical copy of) HHD was held up for a bit... so they sent me a digital code on the release day, while the physical copy was still in transit.

Unless of course you're one of the random people who doesn't get any of it.

I got my physical copy of HHD late and only just received the HHD preorder bonus designer kit thing, and received neither of the free download (for the delay of the game) nor a free pack of cards (for the delay of the kit).

Robin64

Just discovered that Famicom ROB has a different skin in Woolly World than International ROB. Now I need to get one!

Wasn't sure he would, given that both ROBs work the same in Smash and Mario Maker.

Seems to be a glitch, all the prices are back to where they should be. Ike is still a little low.

I don't particularly want Ike or Marth but I'm still gutted, what is wrong with me :(

mclem

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Inkling eventually being sold individually gives me hope for Isabelle.

Ain't forking out for a game I don't need.

Welp. Has there been anywhere to put up the Twilight princess amiibo bundle, Fire Emblem Fates special edition and/or Hyrule Warriors Limited edition?

RiggyRob

Welp. Has there been anywhere to put up the Twilight princess amiibo bundle, Fire Emblem Fates special edition and/or Hyrule Warriors Limited edition?

I don't think EU has the whole 'preorder straight after a Direct' thing, so it'll be at least a month before things start appearing on the Nintendo UK Online Store/GAME/Amazon.

Holy crap. I just learnt about Gold Mega Man. How the heck do we get that in Europe?!

by either buying the american collectors edition or by spraing your megaman amiibo with gold paint.

just like with gold/silver mario, Nintendo doesnt believe that europe will like different coloured amiibo

Do we know how limited it might be?

I dont believe it will sell out right away, but then its america. Its bloody hard to
get them shipped from their (well for me anyways) and the game would be useless, unless you happen to have a region free modifier on your 3ds.

Chopper

I dont believe it will sell out right away, but then its america. Its bloody hard to
get them shipped from their (well for me anyways) and the game would be useless, unless you happen to have a region free modifier on your 3ds.
Yeah. Tricky to justify importing. But I must have it!

Top Bottom