• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

Nuttall doing a good job playing to his base. As long as racists vote UKIP instead of Tory it is good.

Yep. As much as I despise UKIP, if they hadn't collapsed we might be looking at a Labour victory.

Tp5CcSN.gif

Now this, this is what I needed.

jelly

I don't get their immigration logic, more workers, more tax, you invest in services to support more people. They talk like people coming here are freeloading.

Pandy

The SNP and PC have no incentive to do that, and Farron is a bad campaigner, and UKIP ain't going to. Maybe the Greens will.

I know you've already been corrected, but the biggest threat to the SNP is the Tories, so they'll be the main target.

Robertson will probably have a few digs especially on Brexit, but fundamentally he's going to agree with Corbyn more than he disagrees.

Empty

corbyn should go on the attack here. just say tories made false promises for 7 years and he won't do that. weak answer.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I know you've already been corrected, but the biggest threat to the SNP is the Tories, so they'll be the main target.

Robertson will probably have a few digs especially on Brexit, but fundamentally he's going to agree with Corbyn more than he disagrees.

For the SNP to do well in the long-run, they need the Conservatives do well in rUK. They have no interest in the Conservatives as a main target.

I don't get their immigration logic, more workers, more tax, you invest in services to support more people. They talk like people coming here are freeloading.

That's always been the angle. THESE IMMIGRANTS COMING HERE, TAKING OUR JOBS AND OUR BENEFITS.

Apparently they're all really sick too (despite working all those hours), so they're costing the NHS a goddamn fortune.

gun_haver

corbyn's answer on immigration numbers was a bit too evasive there i think. i mean i don't care, i'm pro-immigration, but i dunno if it helped him.

Faddy

Banned
For the SNP to do well in the long-run, they need the Conservatives do well in rUK. They have no interest in the Conservatives as a main target.

Corbyn has said he will allow a 2nd referendum, Ruth and Theresa keep moving the goal posts on what the criteria is for the SNP to have a mandate.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Corbyn has said he will allow a 2nd referendum, Ruth and Theresa keep moving the goal posts on what the criteria is for the SNP to have a mandate.

Right, but Scotland is unlikely to vote for independence if the national government is Labour.

emigre

In fairness to Corbs, it would take a brave or stupid person to make a commitment to immigration numbers.

Nice save by Leanne there to attack UKIP.

Immigration question is now about rhetoric rather than specifics.

gun_haver

Corbyn gave the most sensible answer to immigration, it's not really something you can stick a number on right now.

yeah but unless i missed it he didn't say that he just dodged the question itself and talked about having a fair immigration policy.

i just want him to do very well here.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Stealth support by Lucas - if one side attacks Corbyn for not being pro-immigrant enough and another side for not anti-immigrant enough, they get the moderate position.

Meadows

Banned
With our political system it's just so fucking pointless having all of these parties split these votes. Greens, SNP, PC and Labour all saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom