• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO FUCKING WAY.

Exciting, means staying up might be worth it.

Even if it doesn't end up being hung, good fucking job Labour, Corbyn and all of us!

AHA-Lambda

Pound right now
DB0-HZhWAAENEST.jpg

strong and stable

Can someone explain what is going on?

The exit poll has placed the Conservative party at 314 seats, but Labour, SNP and Liberal Democrat combined ALSO at 314 seats. The remaining few seats go to the green party, Plaid Cymru (Welsh party) and independents.

In other words, Conservative will probably win overall, but they might be a minority government meaning that they can't shaft the poor with impunity for the next five years.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
SNP -22?
where are they going to?

assuming it's accurate, etc etc,

happy the tories took a beating, less happy about the SNP collapse. I don't know how much that affects their westminster hand.

Jackpot

Banned
Would be a perfect result for me. Tories have to compromise with other parties. SNP have to put independence back in their box.

RangerX

Banned
Fair play to Corbyn if it pans out like this. He ran a truly great campaign and I always though he was decent. He was given a terrible time by his own MPs and the media.

Wasn't the last exit poll wrong?

Not getting any hopes up and I really recommend everyone keep expectations in check. No need to get hopeful and then have them dashed in a few hours.

They underestimated the final number of Tory seats, but they caught the unexpected support for them. This time round, it seems that the exit poll has caught a noticeable increase in Labour support.

The exit poll has placed the Conservative party at 314 seats, but Labour, SNP and Liberal Democrat combined ALSO at 314 seats. The remaining few seats go to the green party, Plaid Cymru (Welsh party) and independents.

In other words, Conservative will probably win overall, but they might be a minority government meaning that they can't shaft the poor with impunity for the next five years.

thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom