• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbis

Very, very, very interesting. It's still very early days and I will always be skeptical when exit poll is different from the pre-election polls. We are in for a very long night.

Oriel

Pound right now
DB0-HZhWAAENEST.jpg

K_ApY7.gif

If the exit poll is even somewhat accurate then surely this is surely the end of May.

Definitely. A reduction of the seats the Tories hold, and she'll probably resign Friday lunchtime. And, frankly, I think we can reasonably assume that the Tories have lost seats.

The exit poll has placed the Conservative party at 314 seats, but Labour, SNP and Liberal Democrat combined ALSO at 314 seats. The remaining few seats go to the green party, Plaid Cymru (Welsh party) and independents.

In other words, Conservative will probably win overall, but they might be a minority government meaning that they can't shaft the poor with impunity for the next five years.

And even if the polls are wrong and the Conservatives do get a majority, with this as a starting line of sorts, it could be a slimmer majority than what they start with. So May's backbenchers problem doesn't get better, but worse.

Audioboxer

I don't understand why after so much shit that the SNP would collapse? :(

hopefully labour

Labour voters who went SNP in 2015 after they believed independence was dead. Now it shows they'll put up with Brexit as the Union is more important.

The concern now isn't seats flipping Labour, it's if these voters who've abandoned SNP from 2015 have now as a consequence let the Tories in.

hopefully labour

I think it's probably a lot of Scottish National Party voters realising they'd be better off with Corbyn than with May. Tactical voting? I'm a unionist who voted Sinn Fein to keep the DUP out, hopefully.

So yougovs prediction model that ran was very close indeed, good stuff. I think I will stay up now and watch this. I had a feeling with the constant rain here in central Scotland SNP would struggle.

Par Score

In the past 25 years, the largest party's total has never been wrong by more than 15 seats in the exit poll.

Theresa May is overdone toast.

They only got 1 last time - Farage. He didn't stand and the only other seat(s) UKIP had last parliament was due to tory defections after a bi-election.

Farage has never been an MP.

Douglas Carswell defected from the Tories at a by-election and just scraped in at a GE.

If the exit poll is even somewhat accurate then surely this is surely the end of May.

Even if the final picture is a bit rosier than this, she's probably toast.

This was meant to be a 1983/1997-level victory for Team Blue - she couldn't have ballsed this up any more considering the hand she was dealt.

Faddy

Banned

hopefully labour

SNP haven't had these seats for long. They only won 6 in 2010, 56 in 2015.

We will see how well these exit polls shake out. Scotland will only be a subsample so the margin of error might be greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom