• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh god, a GAF neighbour.
Haha, is that such a bad thing? Whereabouts in Brixton are you? I'm about 5 minutes away from Hootananny's, halfway between Brixton and Herne Hill.
Balls. You have them.
So people say. Truth be told, it's not so bad where I am. We're in a relatively quiet spot and don't get any trouble. Quite enjoying it here to be honest, the area's definitely on the up.

I'd be up for a London-GAF pub meeting by the way. Somewhere central if people don't fancy it round my way.

daviyoung

Banned
When I went back to Thurrock after I did my first degree in Portsmouth I couldn't believe how shit my place of birth is, despite it having Lakeside and good connections. In Portsmouth I could get fried chicken delivered to my door up until 4AM. In Thurrock the fucking bars close at 11PM. Such crap.

Yeh, but when that chicken is Ken's you might as well have not bothered.

Haha, is that such a bad thing? Whereabouts in Brixton are you? I'm about 5 minutes away from Hootananny's, halfway between Brixton and Herne Hill.

So people say. Truth be told, it's not so bad where I am. We're in a relatively quiet spot and don't get any trouble. Quite enjoying it here to be honest, the area's definitely on the up.

I'd be up for a London-GAF pub meeting by the way. Somewhere central if people don't fancy it round my way.

Brixton has become increasingly gentrified in recent years, it's not as rough as it used to be. London gaf pub meet up would probably be best central-ish. If you're a boring old bastard like me, there's plenty of Samuel Smiths pubs that'll do the job

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Brixton has become increasingly gentrified in recent years, it's not as rough as it used to be. London gaf pub meet up would probably be best central-ish. If you're a boring old bastard like me, there's plenty of Samuel Smiths pubs that'll do the job
I have no issues with that. I'm not as familiar with central as I've only just moved from oop North a few months ago, so I'm open to suggestions. London-GAF, fall in!

painey

Where do you live: Minnesota, USA
Where are you from: Romford (London Borough, but I consider myself from Essex)
University: Minnesota State University
Sports team of choice: West Ham Utd
Current political party of choice: Labour
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Loved Big Brother before it went to CH5
Oasis or Blur: What is this, 1999?

Moved to the USA almost 2 years ago for school and I tell you, you don't appreciate how good England is until you travel. America is like Englands brother that was dropped by the doctor and kicked across the delivery room floor. There are so many things I miss and appreciate more about England now I have lived here, I just wish everything was as cheap as it is over here.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So warm I had to turn the heating off. There's still snow on the ground here too.

Stop living in sheds, people.

Meadows

Banned
and no I don't care what you say about Leeds Chinner, I've had shits more classy than Leeds.

Anyway I went to Manchester the last couple of days (stayed in the Hilton tower!)

Went to the Chinese new year fireworks display:

429033_2758227433512_1192536764_32314840_883258043_n.jpg

then had some food:

428955_2758671044602_1192536764_32315120_2104411415_n.jpg

and then a cocktail or two at cloud 23 (fucking expensive, but a good view):

427199_2759795192705_1192536764_32315383_1761040688_n.jpg

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Oh, missed this thread somehow.

Where do you live: Plymouth (everyone ever thinking of coming here, don't)

In particular reason why?, I'm thinking of moving up from Newquay eventually, been stuck down here for years now and hate it and Plymouth looks like a pretty cheap place to live and I'm gagging for a bigger town/city with normal shops.

So, I was warned of incoming snow, My coat was almost 3 years old, from Burtons (so pretty shoddy indian sweatshop workmanship to start with!) and in kept in no heat. So today I decided to go into town and buy a new coat.

Fucking shops are the worst.

John Lewis - Seems to stock nothing below Medium (I'm a small). Are the middle classes that podgy?

M&S - Looks like it's atleast 10 years old

H&M - Made of nothing, But very cheap?

Topshop - Tax avoiding scumbags

I had to settle on River Island, I felt like a proper ladyboy buying shit from there, But £85 later I have a new coat that fits and is really fucking warm.

So, I was warned of incoming snow, My coat was almost 3 years old, from Burtons (so pretty shoddy indian sweatshop workmanship to start with!) and in kept in no heat. So today I decided to go into town and buy a new coat.

John Lewis - Seems to stock nothing below Medium (I'm a small). Are the middle classes that podgy?

I had to settle on River Island, I felt like a proper ladyboy buying shit from there, But £85 later I have a new coat that fits and is really fucking warm.

Debenhams had some nice coats when I had a look in the beginning of January. I didn't buy one though as my skin was too delicate for a scratchy wool coat without lining in the sleeves. It was a shame as the coat was really nice.

Lirlond

You're better off getting a winter jacket from an outdoors shop. I bought a £160 North Face jacket about 4 years ago and it's still watertight and warm.

Chinner

Banned
another reason not to buy from topman is that only students go there (you don't want to be associated with students) and the quality of the clothing is really bad.

I dont which HM shop you went into but the one in sheffield city centre is freakin awesome. Bought two coats last month under 100 quid which were simply good. I get compliments everytime i wear them on my commmute to work

no angel

Where do you live: Portsmouth(ish)
Where are you from: Portsmouth
University: Southampton
Sports team of choice: Pompey
Current political party of choice: Tory
Barm, batch, cob or bun: it's a roll. A bun is a cake.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: most recent would be Sherlock. Am forced to watch Emmerdale at dinner time by the mrs
Oasis or Blur: oasis, for the way they shaped my teenage years.

Nice to see some other Portsmouth residents here, it's nice to know I'm not alone x

I dont which HM shop you went into but the one in sheffield city centre is freakin awesome. Bought two coats last month under 100 quid which were simply good. I get compliments everytime i wear them on my commmute to work

I went to the one on fargate and had a look around and saw nothing great. They were all waaay to thin!

Numpt3

Well it's a small world...

Where do you live: Wigan.
Where are you from: Wigan.
University: Dropped out of college :/
Sports team of choice: Never been into sport.
Current political party of choice: Labour (Wish that they would get shut of Ed Milliband)
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Round these parts it's a barm, stick a pie on it and you've got a slappy, lol.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: I couldn't say... I've not watched telly properly for ages.
Oasis or Blur: Blur.

Anyone else been watching Coppers on Channel 4? Brilliant show, there are so many scumbags in this country XD

Sad and hilarious all at the same time.

another reason not to buy from topman is that only students go there (you don't want to be associated with students) and the quality of the clothing is really bad.

Am I like the only student in this thread? Fucking sucks :(

Agree with you about Topman though. I learnt the latter lesson the hard way, shit lasts like a week

no angel

Agree with you about Topman though. I learnt the latter lesson the hard way, shit lasts like a week

Every time I look in Topman I swear their clothes get thinner and thinner. There's no way I could wear any of their stuff, I'm too old for it and I'd look rridiculous.

TCRS

Banned
Is Next any good? I need a new winter jacket as well, my Primark jacket is fucking falling apart during its second winter. My £8 jacket from Madhouse lasted me four winters lol.

edit: just checked the website. looks crap.

I'm a student. I'm also going to be one of the grinning nobs in the next prospectus. I thought only attractive women were supposed to be in uni adverts and stuff. Now, I do look great in a miniskirt I'm not sure it's the look they're going for.

Hate most students though.

Is Next any good? I need a new winter jacket as well, my Primark jacket is fucking falling apart during its second winter. My £8 jacket from Madhouse lasted me four winters lol.

edit: just checked the website. looks crap.

You had a Primark jacket that lasted for an entire season? What did you do, varnish it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom