• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy moly my house mate just went fucking crazy

tgcwz.gif

do tell

Chinner

Banned
on my phone at the moment but long story short he went mental over a cat, tried to knock me over and knocked his girlfriend over a chair.

Let me tell you. As a Northern Ireland GAFer I am sick to death hearing about Titanic. We're famous for a ship that sank, shitty cars we produced (DeLorean), alcoholic sports stars (Best and Higgins), and a bunch of people killing each other.

But this being the 100th anniversary you can't change channel (tv or radio) without being bombarded with Titanic shows. Can't go to town without seeing adverts for various Titanic related events.

We even have a building dedicated to the thing...

titanicbuilding.jpg

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Let me tell you. As a Northern Ireland GAFer I am sick to death hearing about Titanic. We're famous for a ship that sank, shitty cars we produced (DeLorean), alcoholic sports stars (Best and Higgins), and a bunch of people killing each other.

But this being the 100th anniversary you can't change channel (tv or radio) without being bombarded with Titanic shows. Can't go to town without seeing adverts for various Titanic related events.

They have ads for that on the subway here (Glasgow). Seems like it'll be a ridiculous waste of money, but it can't be worse than that DeLorean museum at least.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

titanicbuilding.jpg

I bet it's like living inside Kagari's mind.

Clegg

I was going to make a joke about Kagari, the Titanic and a failed Kickstarter but I couldn't think of anything appropriate.

My friend was also in a Titanic musical. She asked me to go, but I couldn't face it. There's an entire area around which it was built now renamed the Titanic Quarter. One of my colleges campuses is named Titanic. God, so much Titanic. It used to interest me, but now I just can't care.

Edit: Also, in the museum building I posted above they have an exact to scale replica of the grand staircase... not open to the public. Well worth the £13 entrance fee and 100 million the building cost to build. And you know what, despite all my annoyance, I bet I still go and complain the whole time I'm there.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I can't get to fucking sleep, all that coffee I was drinking while playing battlefield 3 seemed like a good idea at the time.

No regrets though my body is my vessel through life and I'm the commander of it, Love being in command of a complex human body.

Suairyu

Banned
CHAPS

CHAPS!!!

Diablo III open beta starts today at noon in America-land. We can use the America-land client if you sent the region to US (should be automatic). You will need a Battle.net account, but who doesn't have one these days?

Download here

44meg download, then obviously that spends the day downloading the rest of the client.

It's running until Monday. How about we all get some gaming in on Sunday?

edit - guys i hate to brag but my fibre-optic connection is murdering the in-client download.

Going to Tokyo in 4 hours. Feel like shit, went out boozing last night, got too wasted and now I have an 11 hour flight to contend with. D:

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Wish I had time for the Diablo 3 BETA this weekend but we have a team project deadline for Monday.

Also guys, don't use Tesco's 62p value shampoo, my hair just doesn't feel as smooth post-use as it does with the L'Oreal I normally use. Fuck knows why I thought it'd be a good idea, even the supermarket anti-dandruff shampoo my dad gets feels better.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
My friend was also in a Titanic musical. She asked me to go, but I couldn't face it. There's an entire area around which it was built now renamed the Titanic Quarter. One of my colleges campuses is named Titanic. God, so much Titanic. It used to interest me, but now I just can't care.

Edit: Also, in the museum building I posted above they have an exact to scale replica of the grand staircase... not open to the public. Well worth the £13 entrance fee and 100 million the building cost to build. And you know what, despite all my annoyance, I bet I still go and complain the whole time I'm there.

Mind you, the titanic quarter looks nice. Well it looks nice in the concept pictures.

Kentpaul

Sigh my BF3 exe is crashing when i try and play the game.

Fuck this game never holds off with the constant bullshit it puts my direction. Everything has been fine for days after i got the microstutter/lag problem delt with.

it sorted its self out. WTF.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

IMG

Don't forget potatoes! Or is that just southern Ireland? :p

And yeah, the Titanic thing is pretty ridiculous. I saw there was some big mini series on ITV about and and I was like Wait, there's already a shitty film about this! They don't need to make a shitty tv show too!

daviyoung

Banned

And yeah, the Titanic thing is pretty ridiculous. I saw there was some big mini series on ITV about and and I was like Wait, there's already a shitty film about this! They don't need to make a shitty tv show too!

They've made two shows actually. One is the ITV pompously British yank-bait from that lordy gimp off of Downtown Abbey. The other one has Neve Campbell.

Kentpaul

Work problems.

Looks like it will be another week where i will only get 1 shift. (Can't wait till the full time workers start taking holidays so i can get more shifts.) I'm a very lazy pc addict so its all good. (its not all good i'm covering up for the fact I'll only have about 150 to do me in blackpool next week) I hope you guys know my success is still on I'm just not getting very much shifts due to everyone being back from there holidays.

Mind you, the titanic quarter looks nice. Well it looks nice in the concept pictures.
It does look good, and the museum building looks good from outside too. I just can't see how long the appeal is going to last for. Did we really need the excuse of 100 years since Titanic sank to put the effort in to trying to make the city, you know, actually good?

I live 5 minutes away from Comber, famous for it's Comber Spuds! We're such a boring country.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Since my rent is expiring next month I've been applying to jobs across the UK. Got a call yesterday offering an interview in Manchester city centre.

If I'm successful, would any Manchester Gaffers offer any advice for finding a place to live in the area? It's minimum wage so a house/flat share or place in the outer boroughs with tram travel is probably all I can afford.

Kentpaul

and this is what happens when you shave with a cheap tesco razor without the handle (just the head bit)

fwsI7.jpg

Tough times folks

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Shaving without the handle? Why? WHY?

already done. It now fits on my screen without needing to scroll around.
You should really resize to about 500/600 pixel width so it fits on everyone's screens. Good thing I have an auto resizer.

It only took like all year but one of the cunts that blasts their music out at ungodly levels here finally started playing something decent (Ladyhawke's new one). God bless Radio 1, I think

Kentpaul

What? You can get a load of disposables for less than £1 you pikey.

I thought the razor heads would work with my normal handles (thought tesco was trying to get in on the wilkinson sword razor head market) boy was i wrong.

It only took like all year but one of the cunts that blasts their music out at ungodly levels here finally started playing something decent (Ladyhawke's new one). God bless Radio 1, I think

You know its summer when your walking down the street and a shitload of music can be heard from random houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom