• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I used to like going to the CEX off Tottenham Court Road, but this was back in the 90s when they sold SNES games and 3D graphics were still novel.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
So what is everyone expecting and wanting for the Greece vote today?

I dont follow polltics. I think we should invade Greece because there poor and invading poor counties is easy as fuck.

Kick em while there down guys. Twist the knife ect

Kentpaul

Stop circle jerking over my post guys.

A Greece/British war would be a lot more intresting to follow on the news than this Afghanistan war.

Us British have always took pride In conquering the world. I don't see why we need to stop now. We have gone soft.

SKINNER!

Banned
Greek chicks are incredible hot and their food is godly so I can somewhat understand kentpaul's motives. Unless there's something else Greece offers that I'm not aware about.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never understood GAF's policy on name dropping certain websites. I don't think I've ever seen someone banned for mentioning the Tube of Red, but I'm sure if I posted the name of another website I'd be in dodgy territory.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I fucked up GAF lol

I blame the vodka, 50 quid tshirt ruined none the less

That's god's way of saying "don't buy £50 t-shirts" :p

Greek chicks are incredible hot and their food is godly so I can somewhat understand kentpaul's motives. Unless there's something else Greece offers that I'm not aware about.

We could steal their history while we're at it as well.

I like. We should start a facebook campaign - England vs Greece 2013. We could enlist dolescum and use them as the vanguard, go back to mounted infantry. This could be good for the country. We could sell pay-per-view rights and sue it to boost Greece's economy even. Win/win.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh btw did anyone watch Come Dine With Me last night? I used to work with the ditzy property manager Jill, she was hilarious.

Funnily enough, had an arguement with my wife about Come Dine With Me last night. I was trying to read and write (for the NeoGAF Creative Writing thread, get involved people!) and that guy's voice just cuts through my brain like a lazer of annoyingness. So I turned the telly off (she was in the bath) but when she came back down, the telly went on and we started bickering. It's all good now, we made up.

But that property manager was amusing, she reminded us very much of a friend of ours, she had the exact same mannerisms in her speech.

Suairyu

Banned
The closest I ever got my dad to playing and enjoying a videogame was billiards in WiiPlay.
Shame.

My father and I fought in Virtua Fighter 2 on the Saturn religiously when I was 11ish.

Oh btw did anyone watch Come Dine With Me last night? I used to work with the ditzy property manager Jill, she was hilarious.
I honestly can't stand the show.

I did watch one episode where my ex-boss'-wife was in it. I wasn't quite sure it was her but then I saw the picture on the wall and knew.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah my dad doesn't really care for games but will be impressed when he sees a good looking game. His pet peeve are the old FMV intros that always looked 1000% better than the actual game.

coughlanio

Just said I'd fill this out for the lulz.

Where do you live: Dublin
Where are you from: Clare
University: Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Sports team of choice: Munster RFC
Current political party of choice: Pirate Party?
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Batch for sure...
Favourite (current) UK TV show: QI, I don't watch any Irish shows funnily enough.
Oasis or Blur: U2

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would be better if it were one song per group/artist. That and no mention of Shirley Bassey means I automatically have to give this playlist a subpar score of 8.8.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That's ... odd. Are they going to play all the songs, or do some kinda Jive Bunny / GirlTalk mashup with them all? That would be badass.

Happy birthday! What festival?

Had a good weekend, looking forward to a good week!

It was BeachBreak Live... the restrictions on alcohol were just horrendous, we weren't allowed to take any of our own alcohol to where the bands were and were only allowed a maximum of 24 cans per person.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :D

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
That's ... odd. Are they going to play all the songs, or do some kinda Jive Bunny / GirlTalk mashup with them all? That would be badass.

Underworld were selected to handle the music:

http://www.underworldlive.com/news/underworld-announced-as-music-directors-for-the-opening-ceremony-of-the-2012-london-olympic-games

That playlist is broadly what I'd expect from UW if asked to represent UK music. They're responsible for 3 hours so I'm assuming this will be broken down into 1 or more mixes, with other original compositions. Danny Boyle said they've already created 2 tracks to be used when the athletes walk into the stadium.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Got a cheque for £33.20 off HM Revenue at the weekend, they did an evaluation and discovered I'd paid some tax where, being a student, I don't have to pay it.

They're not all bad those guys ;)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Got a cheque for £33.20 off HM Revenue at the weekend, they did an evaluation and discovered I'd paid some tax where, being a student, I don't have to pay it.

It's being sent out by cheque? I should get in touch, was paid weekly in December with PAYE taken off.

SKINNER!

Banned

wl4ln.gif

Suairyu

Banned
I am craving McDonalds or Burger King or KFC or SOMETHING fast food like a bastard right now. It's incredible how strongly I know I want it.

Kentpaul

I got a cheque for £1150 of them :p

Come at me bro's

I have decided to cook my own pizza, well pretty much

Bought in a pre made base, covered it with loyd grossman tomato and basil sauce and chedder/mozzarella cheese, some pepperono's

I'l tell you guys the results once its ready

I am craving McDonalds or Burger King or KFC or SOMETHING fast food like a bastard right now. It's incredible how strongly I know I want it.

I have to live with these cravings every single day. I'm addicted to unhealthy shit

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just remembered I need to ring someone at my local McDonald's regarding a complaint I sent in. Not a fan of making phonecalls.

Kentpaul

I just remembered I need to ring someone at my local McDonald's regarding a complaint I sent in. Not a fan of making phonecalls.

Whiskey_glass.jpg

Have a class of burning confidence.

confidence.gif

I suck at life but in general i'm ok talking on the phone when i need to get something done.

Had to phone up orange to get my the internet's safe guard taken off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thing is I made the complaint a while back and then went on holiday. I forgot and now I realise it's been a month since I got an email to call them back. I feel bad now.

Where do you live: Accrington, Lancashire
Where are you from: The North
University: University of Aberystwyth, Wales
Sports team of choice: Accrington Stanley
Current political party of choice: Liberal Democrats (paid-up member)
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Isn't it a bap?
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Moffat's Sherlock adaption.
Oasis or Blur: All of my nope.

Unemployed-GAF represent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom