• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem with that list of music for the opening ceremony is that when The Archers' theme song comes on, most people's reflexes will be to immediately switch the channel.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just realised they have no classic children's television themes (well Doctor Who I suppose). Needs more Playdays.

Mr. Sam

I have become that which I most detested.

sT0CRl.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
I have become that which I most detested.

CEX is a great store! I used to regularly visit the Edinburgh store and I slowly learned that the staff would keep the good stuff to themselves in the back (so they can later buy with their discount) and put the rubbish out on the shelves.

Mr. Sam

CEX is a great store! I used to regularly visit the Edinburgh store and I slowly learned that the staff would keep the good stuff to themselves in the back (so they can later buy with their discount) and put the rubbish out on the shelves.

That would explain why there were no Gamecube controllers.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I managed to snag an interview once at CeX Preston. The one in Hull got over 300 applications for work when they were hiring though, so I've missed the boat now.

That would explain why there were no Gamecube controllers.

Really? Loads of stores were showing stock when I got one last year from them.

Not a fan of CEX online though. Kept my money for a month before informing me an item that they apparently had 10+ in stock of, actually weren't there.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Slip it into her risotto or pizza or pot noodle.

Ha! I would but its her source who can get me them , she thinks il see mad shit and be out of control.. I was hoping to get them for tomorrow but unless i can talk her round to it i could be shit out of luck for a wee while.

Got a nightshift tonight fella's a fucking nightshift.

Suairyu

Banned
Not a fan of CEX online though. Kept my money for a month before informing me an item that they apparently had 10+ in stock of, actually weren't there.
I've also had problems with them sending me items not as described or the wrong items entirely.

But they also have good prices that makes the hassle worth it. And unlike places like Zavvi, you do get your money back eventually.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys I want us to get through this one with zero bans.

Nobody be stupid.

Just explain things calmly and sensibly.

Educating GAF about sexual discrimination is a lost cause but travelers need not be.

Kentpaul

shrooms would be cool to do

My girlfriend is swaying to the hell no opinion at me doing them :( do it while you don't have relationship shackles.

My possible source is in place to buy them though it's just my sweet talking that needs to make the situation happen.

Link me to the gypsy thread guys I can't find it (browsing my iPhone) speaking of iPhones should I buy my girlfriend a iPhone 3GS or htc wildfire.

Kentpaul

isn't shrooms safer to take than acid? cause I know you can have bad trips on acid.

I read acid is a more mellow experience. I also read both drugs make you confront your flaws as a person. I am choaking to try these drugs. I imagine it being like weed a little after few hefty bong rips. I need to mend my brain so these drugs are perfect for me to really get to know my self better than I do already.

Dave and sniv will wake up and tell us the score about acid. My father had a bad trip In a Liverpool nightclub in the 80s he didn't call it a bad trip though he just said extreme paranoia.

Kentpaul

I think an acid/shrooms trip would sort out all the issues in my life. Being able to see my life from a new angle would totally be a benefit. I can nearly get there with weed but I get side tracked with insane theorys.

Speaking of weed I'm goin to smoke a joint at half 5 in the morning to counter this caffeine and insure I fall asleep with no issues when I get home. Aka sparking up in 15 minutes.

I drive by post ha! Fuck subscriptions.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
isn't shrooms safer to take than acid? cause I know you can have bad trips on acid.

You can still have terrible trips on shrooms too, I know I've had one of the most harrowing nights of my life on mushrooms (but looking back I really value the experience, it's interesting to see how deep the rabit hole goes sometimes).

I read acid is a more mellow experience. I also read both drugs make you confront your flaws as a person. I am choaking to try these drugs. I imagine it being like weed a little after few hefty bong rips. I need to mend my brain so these drugs are perfect for me to really get to know my self better than I do already.

Dave and sniv will wake up and tell us the score about acid. My father had a bad trip In a Liverpool nightclub in the 80s he didn't call it a bad trip though he just said extreme paranoia.

Never done acid myself, but I would sell a kidney for the chance :) I feel my life has always been leading towards it, but I just never met anyone with the hookup before.

Have you not done mushrooms before then Kentpaul? It's a mite more intense than even the most baked you can get. In many ways it's similar to ecstacy in that you get the same mad rushes and gurny feeling. But at the same time your senses of time and space are beyond fucked (we thought my living room was the entire universe for quite some time), and there is this really cool group-think you get where everyone shrooming will peak and level out at the same times, meaning you get these wonderful euphoric manic states interspersed with moments of lucidity. If you do too many it's a little like being stuck on a waltzer at a fairground (run by gypsies who keep spinning the cart, natch :p). It's cool as long as you remember to ride it out, don't bother fighting it.

daviyoung

Banned
acid is more intense than shrooms, but they're both ridiculously similar and their effect depends mostly on dosage and method (soup, sugarcubes, dots, raw)

acid can provide more vivid and direct experiences, while shroom dreams tend to be more hazy and confusing

Suairyu

Banned
Not a single ban in the gypsy thread!

Truly, US-GAF's hatred of "squatting" outweighs their hatred of understanding complex socio-racial problems!

Jimmy Carr has been tax evading. Saved £3.3m in doing so. Twat.
It's okay London-GAF support tax dodgers.

Suairyu

Banned
And no, we don't.
I'm not being 100% serious.

But I am being at least 64% serious. That thread recently where a guy wanted to buy property in London and loads of people helpfully came in to tell him how to purchase the house cheaper via an external agency and avoid tax.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I belong to the school of thought that we should all pay our taxes so public services can continue to be funded. Crazy I know.

More or less the same here. We should all pay our taxes so that (a) public services can continue to be funded and (b) so that all our taxes are lower than they otherwise would be.

Carr's avoidance, no matter how legal it might be, effectively wipes out the total tax contribution of about four and a half thousand people on £10,000 a year - they are paying taxes so that he doesn't have to. That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom