• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My final year dissertation was what got me back up to a 2:1. A double dosage of two good firsts. Especially as I had a really bad result during the first term (however your two worst final year marks are considered second year result so they have less impact).

Always been a coursework man. Always seem to bugger up exams.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Removing a stella from the fridge into the freezer for 20 minutes before drinking = This is more refreshing than water.tiledshot 5

Suairyu

Banned
That sounds terrible. Frozen tea isn't my cup of tea.
Liquids don't freeze in 20 minutes. Especially alcohol.

20 minutes in a freezer just knocks them below that fridge-approved 4 degrees to something like 2 degrees. Makes all the difference.

I feel weird being the only person in here who enjoyed watching the football last night.

Mind you, it was less to do with the game and more just listening to the various mischief Mario Balotelli has done in the past, which is hilarious. Also, drink.

Kentpaul

389015_316485208445818_497285402_n.jpg

Enjoying the summer YO

Kentpaul

Suairyu

Banned
what games was the ref watching
I didn't have a complaint with the ref in this match at all.

He took an oddly long time to decide to call a foul each time ("Should I? Maybe? I'll just wait for the ball to get halfway up the pitch first...") but that was it.

A couple of wrong calls he made we perfectly understandable from where he was standing and didn't really affect the outcome of the match at all.

Phew, just got my year 2 results back, still on a first :D

Nice one! Doing anything to celebrate?

I know I've passed my second year atm, got to wait for my transcript to find out how well. I won't have got a first for my 2nd year, but given the year from hell I've had with my health, its no worry. Should have bagged a 2:1 though, and I'm pushing for a first next year.

Weather is fucking lovely today. Please continue!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Up all night with a blocked nose. It vanishes when I need to be up for work. Yaaay

Had that the other day. Apparently humidity at night is one cause. I was literally sticking my nose into a tub of Vicks. I usually get it when the warm weather comes in, but since the weather this year has been a major yo-yo I've really suffered.

daviyoung

Banned
produit_adult_nasal_spray.png

Drops are better although I don't think they make them any more. Otrivine > Vicks in terms of meds. Vicks > Otrivine in terms of rave accessory.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Had that the other day. Apparently humidity at night is one cause. I was literally sticking my nose into a tub of Vicks. I usually get it when the warm weather comes in, but since the weather this year has been a major yo-yo I've really suffered.

I had a similar thing but it was a nasty small burst of coughs earlier this morning. It's probably one of the worst things to try and get back to sleep to. Bastarding weather.

In protest of The Offspring now being shit, I'm listening to 'Smash' because it's very much not-shit.

I whole heartedly concur, on both points.

For me the last half decent album they did was Americana. But to be fair, after the shitness of Conspiracy of One I stopped buying the new albums, so I've not really listened to them, only heard what's been on kerrang. Which is mostly just Pretty Fly for a White Guy, so that doesn't help.

Suairyu

Banned
I whole heartedly concur, on both points.

For me the last half decent album they did was Americana. But to be fair, after the shitness of Conspiracy of One I stopped buying the new albums, so I've not really listened to them, only heard what's been on kerrang. Which is mostly just Pretty Fly for a White Guy, so that doesn't help.
Ixnay was the last one I really loved. Americana was okay but the magic was gone.

Smash and Ixnay were two favourite albums of my career as a 14 year old.

And Infest by Papa Roach. 'mazing album.

SKINNER!

Banned

The only decent album they ever did. 2nd one was passable but everything after that is just beyond shit.

Also, Ixnay > Ignition > Americana > Smash > Self-Titled > Conspiracy of One > Splinter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

Huge Offspring fan. My first ever gig was the Offspring at the SECC back in 2005. Simply amazing seeing Noodles smoking and playing the guitar at the same time (Damn you smoking ban!). They never came back since. The only ever time I saw them after that was Rock am Ring in 2008 and they were soooooo awful. Just lifeless and bored. Looking forward to this new album though. The last one was not that great and it sounded too much like American Idiot.

In other news, I got told yesterday that my landlord is thinking about selling the place I'm currently living in. Which means they got the power to give me a 2 months notice at any time to GTFO once the 6 months rent contract is up. And considering the job I'm currently in is leading me to nowhere (no promotions, bonuses or payrise prospects), I'm seriously considering about working abroad by the beginning of next year.

Also, anyone tried them new double stuffed oreos? how are they any different to the normal ones?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ixnay was the last one I really loved. Americana was okay but the magic was gone.

Smash and Ixnay were two favourite albums of my career as a 14 year old.

lmao Papa Roach. Even remembering that name is embarrasing.

Around that time, I really really liked Amen and Glassjaw. And Blood Brothers. Pretty much anything produced by Ross Robinson in his post-Korn days really. That guy helped change an entire generation of rock music.

Suairyu

Banned
True story: I haven't actually listened to any Papa Roach since my teen years.

And today was the first time I heard Smash in years. Smash has held up superbly. Dunno about Papa Roach.

Kentpaul

Papa Roach - Scars pisses me off, i really don't like people who self harm or make them self puke after eating food.

My friend was about to shag some bird and when she opened her leg to give him better access to her gash my friend noticed lots of cut marks on her thighs...

The poor guy couldn't even come after seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom