• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much fully on Evil's side, but shutting down the thread was a bad idea. Particularly as it stopped me from quoting the guy a few posts before who just got banned, and adding a series of hilarious 'swing and a miss' .gifs :(

Kavanagh

Banned
I'm pretty much fully on Evil's side, but shutting down the thread was a bad idea. Particularly as it stopped me from quoting the guy a few posts before who just got banned, and adding a series of hilarious 'swing and a miss' .gifs :(

I thought that post by spencerr was one of the better ones in that thread. Evi's pissed because some people didn't agree with that incident yet he's only too happy to take on board the (frankly laughable) suggestions that he should write a book of his travels.

No offence but Hemingway he's not.

Suairyu

Banned
Ugh dreams about an ex who I kinda really hate. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? (nothing)

You guys ever go to see a film on your own? Think I might have to for Batman.
Watching a movie isn't a social activity.

People who think it is need to be booted from the cinema for talking.

CHEEZMO™;40048605 said:
Nope. Missed out on a lot of films because of my refusal to go alone, too :/
Your insecurities let you down.

Salvadora

I remember watching The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and a vast majority of people in the cinema were alone. I don't blame them to be fair, I wish I had seen that movie alone.

Suairyu

Banned
I remember watching The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and a vast majority of people in the cinema were alone. I don't blame them to be fair, I wish I had seen that movie alone.
There's a really good girlfriend wanting to try anal sex afterwards joke in here, but it's too early for me to make it good.

Lirlond

I don't mind going to the cinema alone, but I always want to spend maybe 30 minutes going over the film with someone after I see it, so I hardly ever go alone.

Suairyu

Banned
So I've been re-reading Scott Pilgrim volume by volume and it really is the defining work of art of our generation and culture. Anybody who hasn't yet consumed it really must.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I don't mind going to the cinema alone, but I always want to spend maybe 30 minutes going over the film with someone after I see it, so I hardly ever go alone.

Thats what the imdb forums are for.. though you have the sad jeremy's who have seen the film 3,4 times after on release week.

I have to admit the only movie i have seen alone was the latest X files movie. No one else wanted to see it with me so i went alone.

Got some slagging from the lads at work for that one xD

daviyoung

Banned
Going to the cinema on your own in the middle of the day on a week day is fantastic. In most films you'll have the screen to yourself. Take a day off and do it. It'll refresh your soul.

If I was Cheezmo I'd buy one of those cinema passes and do it every day.

Kentpaul

Thats what the imdb forums are for.. though you have the sad jeremy's who have seen the film 3,4 times after on release week.

I have to admit the only movie i have seen alone was the latest X files movie. No one else wanted to see it with me so i went alone.

Kentpaul

Did they just censor "weed" on the radio?

Gotta cover the kids ears and soccer mums eat from the worse drug ever!

lols ed sheeran drunk was all over the radio to, getting drunk = worse than getting stoned. Simples

wasn't Sorted for E's & Wizz all over the radio in the 90s ?

Suairyu

Banned

I had to go see that one by myself too!

Nobody gives X-Files any love these days...

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Another Friday and another great start for the weekend. I'll be heading off to Kent later to see some good pals and will be watching Batman on Saturday (taking my nephew with us as well so he can join in the fun) so it should be a nice fun one. Especially when me and my oldest friend (I've known him since I was two years old and we're twenty two now) is coming round at my mates house he is letting me crash round and then heading off to good old Rochester for some drinking madness.

What's your weekend plans peeps?

Juicy Bob

Paper Planes always reminds me of that train scene from Slumdog Millionaire.

How I wish our trains were as nice as Indian trains...

...and as cheap.

SKINNER!

Banned
What is going on uk gaf.

Heading to a watermelon themed indoor beach party at some bar tonight with work colleagues. Should be fun!

So I was at the Cineworld last night watching The Art of Rap (can't recommend it to be honest. Great for hiphop fans but non-fans will find it pointless since it doesn't discuss anything about the history) and they were showing the live london concert after the film (Melle Mel followed by Chuck D, Raekwon and Ice-T) . Halfway through the Raekwon performance, they cut the live feed and a black screen just appeared. Audience goes nuts at this point and we were just about to leave when the screen suddenly started showing the Dark Knight Rises. Everyone was like "oh yeaas! I'm ok with this" and we all quickly sat back down and kept quiet. Realising their mistake, Cineworld staff came in after 5 minutes of the film declaring "This screen will now be switched off, Please everybody stand up and lea- HEY! EXCUSE ME SIR! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!" and my friend and I got up to see some weird looking guy in a leather jacket recording The Dark Knight Rises on his Blackberry. So not only did I bag a free cinema ticket but I also witnessed Cineworld's utter disgust for Cam-rip films. Seriously! They had the security guards on him like hawks. and the manager was mocking the guy when he dished out the free tickets (since the live feed was cut short etc.)

"Cineworld can only apologise for not showing the concert in its entirety as the show was scheduled to end at 11.30pm and it therefore conflicts with the midnight viewing of Batman. Follow me to the customer service area and everyone will get a refund or free cinema ticket....except for THIS guy!" Everyone laughed and yelled "waaaaay" and all you heard was a faint "Fuck you pal!" from the perpetrator.

Mr. Sam

"Cineworld can only apologise for not showing the concert in its entirety as the show was scheduled to end at 11.30pm and it therefore conflicts with the midnight viewing of Batman. Follow me to the customer service area and everyone will get a refund or free cinema ticket....except for THIS guy!"

I approve.

Kentpaul

I'm not falling for any of this bullshit, I will include my self in S3 discussion when another phone comes along that matches it.

My friends iphone 4s felt like a small childs toy compared to my hand held DEVICE.

Kentpaul

Agreed. Childrens toys are notorious for being made from glass, rather than plastic.

;)

I'm not kidding, the screen is just so fucking small, iphones now remind me of early 00's Java phones. And Ios is a eye sore to with all the apps just on the main screen.

Once you go android you never go back.

I don't smoke weed apart from a little screw up at the wu tang gig, ended up getting a few joints passed my way so i took care of them by smoking then tossing. (Some dude also picked up my keys i dropped so i made sure i got a joint passed his way after i finished with it) Awesome older hippie dude with long hair.

My girlfriend though has this nice smelling fruityish weed right now, Just hope when I'm drunk on Saturday night i don't get the rolling box out and go to town with it ha ha

Of course when I'm over in Amsterdam i will be going to town on all sorts of drugs. It will be a week of chaos (Mainly weed, will try and seek out acid, will prob drop pills in clubs, who knows really ?)

I'm a new man none the less i don't even drink caffeine soda's anymore.

Suairyu

Banned
Kentpaul's right about no phone matching the S3. It's not even a contest. If you want a beginner's smartphone, the S3 is the best choice. You can move onto more advanced stuff when you're ready.

If only I had £500 to spare, I'd buy an S3 and film myself smashing it to pieces, for Kentpaul's viewing pleasure.

EDIT: This sounded a little vindictive, it must be the weather.

Kentpaul

If only I had £500 to spare, I'd buy an S3 and film myself smashing it to pieces, for Kentpaul's viewing pleasure.

Got bored of watching drop tests while waiting for this baby to arrive.

Winamp on my phone FTW, my dream is complete.

I would post a screen of my phones desktop but the high resolution from it will probably destroy and crash iphone gaffers browsing this thread. My live wallpaper is so sweet to look at :)

(I don't mention budget brands for reason, they are not even worth typing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom