• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
American gaf SIGH, suggesting a guy go into a club sober and don't drink until he speaks to a girl..

They have a completely different clubbing attitude to us brits.

zomg the fucking cycling expert doesn't help us noobs

Oh man, you went into an American GAF club shyness thread and started bigging up booze and drugs. There was always gonna be backlash, there's always the IF YOU NEED A DRINK THEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, DRINKING IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL AND I DON'T NEED TO DRINK TO HAVE A GOOD TIME crew.

Shit, what happened?

Our tv stopped working on Monday. The guys came to pick it up today and said straight away the reason it's not working is because there's been an impact to the screen, there's a small crack at the top, this will eventually cause the tv to fail.

The only thing I can think that could have possibly done that is a bb, and the bloke has fired his high powered bb shotgun in the flat even though I've told him not to. He's in work so I call him to tell him, and that he'll be paying for it, and he immediately denies responsibility. So what, it was a fucking bb fairy? He's still saying its not his fault and I'm so mad at him right now it's a good job he isn't here.

Am I wrong to be angry? Could something else be to blame? Am I being unreasonable making him pay for the repair?

f0rk

Our tv stopped working on Monday. The guys came to pick it up today and said straight away the reason it's not working is because there's been an impact to the screen, there's a small crack at the top, this will eventually cause the tv to fail.

The only thing I can think that could have possibly done that is a bb, and the bloke has fired his high powered bb shotgun in the flat even though I've told him not to. He's in work so I call him to tell him, and that he'll be paying for it, and he immediately denies responsibility. So what, it was a fucking bb fairy? He's still saying its not his fault and I'm so mad at him right now it's a good job he isn't here.

Am I wrong to be angry? Could something else be to blame? Am I being unreasonable making him pay for the repair?

Who fires their bb gun in the living room lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'v done it once and regretted it, My close friend was shitfaced and started speaking to me in a drunken way and i wasn't drunk so i couldn't engage my self in the awesome drunken conversation..

Its just not the same, Its like going into the cinema to watch a 90's dodgy pirated video recorded on a really shit cam.

You also notice everyone's dear cought in headlight eyes, dancing zombies chewing there gums, drunken idiots sweating it out, chavs fighting.. You see the club for what it really is and not the good time thats being had.

So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time. Or maybe it's the fact I seem to became extra aware of surroundings when I'm tipsy.

Seanbob11

Without seeing it it literary could be anything. How old is the TV? Is the crack on the screen yeah? Depending on the crack it could cause the TV to fail but any number of things could go wrong so I wouldn't be too angry at him :p

Without seeing it it literary could be anything. How old is the TV? Is the crack on the screen yeah? Depending on the crack it could cause the TV to fail but any number of things could go wrong so I wouldn't be too angry at him :p

It's a year old. It's an impact crack in the screen yeah. The tv guy confirmed it was the cause.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's a year old. It's an impact crack in the screen yeah. The tv guy confirmed it was the cause.

This is simple. What you do is you get his gun, load that shit up and then wait for him to come home, preferably sitting right in front of the door for maximum shock value. And then you shoot the motherfucker :p

It's a fine revenge, you'll feel better, he'll be chastised and it might break the tension of an impending row.

Oh man, you went into an American GAF club shyness thread and started bigging up booze and drugs. There was always gonna be backlash, there's always the IF YOU NEED A DRINK THEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, DRINKING IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL AND I DON'T NEED TO DRINK TO HAVE A GOOD TIME crew.

It's a weird thread, with some dreadful advice, from some clueless people. So, pretty much par for the course on GAF.

Cindres

It's a weird thread, with some dreadful advice, from some clueless people. So, pretty much par for the course on GAF.

Why people come on here for advice on topics like this I really don't know. God damn, too many people identified with that picture:
tumblr_m6ewe4gnUf1qcxcjfo1_400.jpg

Surely that tells you you're in the wrong place.

I've been feeling that a lot recently - this thread is perhaps the only one on this entire website that is a pleasant experience, yet I always feel compelled to argue with people in other threads about things that most human beings seem to understand already.

SKINNER!

Banned
I just remembered, someone brought up Mitt Romney last night and how he was shitting on the preparations for the olympics. Someone turned around and said "As much as we all know that the days coming up to the olympics were rough and that there is a chance that it might turn out shit, only we are allowed to complain and moan about it. If Mitt Romney thinks he can come here and bash our rubbish olympics then he's got another thing coming."

So incredibly British. Love it!!

Cindres

I like how in this thread we can just bitch about parts of GAF we don't like.

I hadn't quite learned the joys of that until recently, some of these guys have been doing it for tiime ;)

I bet they go into other parts of GAF and complain about us ;)

Darren870

And just found out I am getting evicted from my flat because they are building new ones in my court yard.

Have 2 months to find a new place! Ugh last thing I needed right now....

And just found out I am getting evicted from my flat because they are building new ones in my court yard.

Have 2 months to find a new place! Ugh last thing I needed right now....

I have no idea what I'm talking about but are there not some legal issues there? Anyway, the selfish part of me is intrigued by this and looking forward to seeing where you end up.

EDIT: Dave, £9.99 makes it seem like a retail price, i.e. you bought it in a store. Surely not? Places still sell them?

Darren870

I have no idea what I'm talking about but are there not some legal issues there? Anyway, the selfish part of me is intrigued by this and looking forward to seeing where you end up.

I don't think so. My contract says either party can give a months notice, but my landlord is giving me two months.

Been in the same place for 2 and 1/2 years now. I know a lot of the management very well and was completly caught off guard by it all. The notice went down really weird. I had just paid rent and then 15 mins later the maintence guy came and gave me the notice.

It was really strange, so I went to the front desk and he said it came from the council that they can't build while I am there. I am guessing something else must be up since the big boss was in the room at the time and he kinda clamped up.

Ill talk to him on monday but I'm guessing ill be out of luck.

Xun

You're not wrong to be angry.

That's bullshit.

Cindres

What's this about the NBC Jeremies editing out the 7/7 remembrance?! This might have been posted already in this thread, I'm literally too lazy to check.

It's some bullshit, imagine if it were over there and we left out a 9/11 tribute? I know it's a larger event but recognising those lost is just as meaningful. I think it's shameful there's been like no backlash against NBC.

SKINNER!

Banned
Some NBC broadcaster is also complaining that we forgot to remember the israeli lives lost in the Munich Olympic Massacre back in '72. I'd post the link but its the daily fail. Looking for alternative link.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Some NBC broadcaster is also complaining that we forgot to remember the israeli lives lost in the Munich Olympic Massacre back in '72. I'd post the link but its the daily fail. Looking for alternative link.

They probably would have cut to an interview of Phelps during it anyway.

I just remembered, someone brought up Mitt Romney last night and how he was shitting on the preparations for the olympics. Someone turned around and said "As much as we all know that the days coming up to the olympics were rough and that there is a chance that it might turn out shit, only we are allowed to complain and moan about it. If Mitt Romney thinks he can come here and bash our rubbish olympics then he's got another thing coming."

So incredibly British. Love it!!

Pisses me off about yanks is when they start shitting on the franks, they can fuck right off. Only the english can bitch and moan about france. It's a two player game and no other fucker is invited to it.

Lirlond

Pisses me off about yanks is when they start shitting on the franks, they can fuck right off. Only the english can bitch and moan about france. It's a two player game and no other fucker is invited to it.

Hey man, the French are cool. They helped us kick your arse a few times haha

Was chatting to some US based friends today, all of them, bar none, loved the opening ceremony last night. The best moment, according to them, was the Queen turning around to James Bond and saying "Good evening, Mr Bond". It was the biggest wow moment for them to have the Queen address Britain's most famous fictional character.

Fucking awesome. Boyle is such a legend.

Was chatting to some US based friends today, all of them, bar none, loved the opening ceremony last night. The best moment, according to them, was the Queen turning around to James Bond and saying "Good evening, Mr Bond". It was the biggest wow moment for them to have the Queen address Britain's most famous fictional character.

Fucking awesome. Boyle is such a legend.

And a very close second place goes to...

becks2.gif

Qasiel

To be fair, I've seen you fire your BB gun in the house too. I'm not saying that it was you who shot the telly (I mean, you'd know if you shot it, right?), but it's a bit rough to make out he's the only one who does it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'M MAKING PIZZA. Oh yeah! Making your own pizza is like a forbidden artform. Nobody does it but it's so easy and satisfying. Just waiting on my dough to prove motherfuckas! Woooo!

To be fair, I've seen you fire your BB gun in the house too. I'm not saying that it was you who shot the telly (I mean, you'd know if you shot it, right?), but it's a bit rough to make out he's the only one who does it.

Qasiel/Kent/Musha* threesome?

I'M MAKING PIZZA. Oh yeah! Making your own pizza is like a forbidden artform. Nobody does it but it's so easy and satisfying. Just waiting on my dough to prove motherfuckas! Woooo!

Speaking of Kent...

*EDIT: What does Musha Soturi mean? I tried to Google it but only found fanfiction about an actor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom