• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the tube on my way home from a good night out drinking water in the pub, just stopped at Leyton and saw shit loads of fireworks in the general direction of Stratford. Looking forward to watching this tomorrow.

f0rk

Self deprecation is the meaning of being British though.

I do think Danny Boyle and everyone involved has done us proud.

Qasiel

It was great! Loved the Pink Floyd at the end there. One of my coworkers dashed off to see if he could see the fireworks as we're pretty close to the stadium, but all he ended up seeing was lots of smoke.

Xun

I'll have to try and get round my mates house and thank his dad in person for directing that! It was superb.

I feel proud to be British.

Meadows

Banned
It was fantastic, and we didn't fuck it up.

We didn't fuck it up!

YES!

I'll have to try and get round my mates house and thank his dad in person for directing that! It was superb.

I feel proud to be British.

tell him to tell his Dad that Meadows said he's a legend

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Well, I scored a major victory there. Right at the start I was winding my son up about what would happen and, on the spur of the moment suggested it would be awesome if the Queen parachuted into the stadium from a helicopter ...

... when she did I got a look of awe and wonder from the boy (tinged with not a little surprise and apprehension). That was nothing compared with how gobsmacked I was though!

Well worth it.

Wes

venison crêpe
That was unbelievably good. It was so much fun and undoubtedly British through and through.

The music was astounding. I'm buying all of that ASAP.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I am surprised by the lack of Spice Girls music. Say what you want about them, but they were an international British icon of the 90s.

Also 3DS is more British than the ZX Spectrum and BBC Micro apparently.

EDIT: Also realised they were missing the most British thing of all, the humble Nectar Points card.

20120728-gr3gx74bh4wpat7ct6taaxq5rg.jpg

Qasiel

Will do.

Also NBC apparently skipped the remembrance segment of the ceremony.

Awful.

I just read that myself. Absolutely disgusting. As someone else pointed out; if there were a theoretical New York games and they included a 9/11 segment, they would be outraged if broadcasters didn't show it.

Bleepey

I had my graduation on Wednesday, the certificate is so bland and I've never particularly liked my university's logos. I'm certainly not getting it framed, it can stay in an envelope at the bottom of a drawer.

P1040073.jpg

Congrats on the first class degree

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Talk about result. went out drinking and clubbing after the Olympics ceremony and got a fine classy lady back to my place and got laid and she's gone back home. Result!

Qasiel

Mike Oldfield ftmfw! I watched bits and pieces of the ceremony in a bar (with no audio. Fuckers put on club music instead) and it looked incredible. Laughed hard at the Mr Bean parts.

Oldfield's part was really great (I didn't even know he was going to be part of the celebrations). It had the intro from Tubular Bells, one of the songs from Tubular Bells 3and finally In Dulci Jubilo. I bet my dad whooped for joy when he saw it, as he is a massive fan of his (which makes me one too, by association!)

Talk about result. went out drinking and clubbing after the Olympics ceremony and got a fine classy lady back to my place and got laid and she's gone back home. Result!

Nice one dude! Sounds like a great night!

Darren870

Only complaint is that is started too late. I kept falling asleep when they were bringing in the teams. Overall it was really good!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've bragged about one of my neighbours before. If you know a celeb you might as well throw it around. But while I'm sure most in this thread would know who I am talking about I have been faced with the question "who?" many times before.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
9:30am on a Saturday is not an acceptable time to use what sound like your new diesel fucking powered hedge trimmer. God dammit.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
American gaf SIGH, suggesting a guy go into a club sober and don't drink until he speaks to a girl..

They have a completely different clubbing attitude to us brits.

zomg the fucking cycling expert doesn't help us noobs

3Sixty

I've quite often gone clubbing and not had a drink, makes it much easier to take advantage of drunk 18 year olds.

I mean...

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I've quite often gone clubbing and not had a drink, makes it much easier to take advantage of drunk 18 year olds.

I mean...

I'v done it once and regretted it, My close friend was shitfaced and started speaking to me in a drunken way and i wasn't drunk so i couldn't engage my self in the awesome drunken conversation..

Its just not the same, Its like going into the cinema to watch a 90's dodgy pirated video recorded on a really shit cam.

You also notice everyone's dear cought in headlight eyes, dancing zombies chewing there gums, drunken idiots sweating it out, chavs fighting.. You see the club for what it really is and not the good time thats being had.

I can see why going to a club sober puts a shitload of people of the experence.

889720-001.jpg

And having sex with a drunken 18 year old with sober is High five bro

Xun

I just read that myself. Absolutely disgusting. As someone else pointed out; if there were a theoretical New York games and they included a 9/11 segment, they would be outraged if broadcasters didn't show it.
Exactly.

It's a disgrace.

This might be the weirdest, least subtle stealth-brag I've ever read in this thread, and that's saying something!
Ha.

It wasn't meant to be a brag at all, but it did come out that way I guess.

He's a top bloke.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Ah what a good start to the morning. My plans today? Fuck all and chill for the day and rest. A nice relaxing weekend to enjoy.

SKINNER!

Banned
Oldfield's part was really great (I didn't even know he was going to be part of the celebrations). It had the intro from Tubular Bells, one of the songs from Tubular Bells 3and finally In Dulci Jubilo. I bet my dad whooped for joy when he saw it, as he is a massive fan of his (which makes me one too, by association!)

Incredible, I have got to find the video online and watch it. I - too - inherited my admiration for Mike Oldfield from my dad since he consistently played his stuff when I was little. In the car, in the house...everywhere! The Songs of Distant Earth and Five Miles Out are my personal favourites.

Nice! were you out on your own or with friends? I didn't have much luck last night (I usually suck at making the first move) but I wasn't really looking for anything last night anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom