• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Man, do I hate these stupid "quote in a pic" posts on facebook but this particular one seems to be getting a lot of likes. thoughts?

SLGJo.jpg

Qasiel

UK-GAF's been pretty quiet today. Everyone alright? (not that I'm expecting an answer at 1:20am, but I post because I care)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Man, do I hate these stupid "quote in a pic" posts on facebook but this particular one seems to be getting a lot of likes. thoughts?

SLGJo.jpg
I ain't even mad. It's money that's helping out our fellow man. Without money our fellow man would starve to death or turn to crime. Those of us who work enjoy a life better than than those of us who don't work. It's pretty simple. Drug dealers on the other hand seem to be driving around in cars that would take me years to pay for. We're all cogs in the system anyway so fuck it.

My only complaint is shit pointless anti fun laws the nation has. Fuck that shit. And people who don't drink soda.. I get it your better than me stop taking the high ground. Also shit like the police issuing 40 quid fines to people who take a piss on the side walk is complete fucking bullshit. Fuck the law. Fuck it. I really have no respect for the police at all
There are like big wasps driving around giving everyone anxiety.

Seanbob11

anyone know a good gym in Manc?

I want something cheap and 24/7 that doesn't have bros everywhere

I'm with Pure Gym. They're open 24 hours a day and it's only £17.99 a month. Up here in Edinburgh there isn't a lot of Bro's, but the treadmills seem to always be populated by women, especially at peak times. Going at 11pm and having the place to yourself is pretty sweet though.

Meadows

Banned
I'm with Pure Gym. They're open 24 hours a day and it's only £17.99 a month. Up here in Edinburgh there isn't a lot of Bro's, but the treadmills seem to always be populated by women, especially at peak times. Going at 11pm and having the place to yourself is pretty sweet though.
looks good. There's also "The Gym" group. They're £15p/m and don't have a joining fee.

My budget is £20 or less. Something near Salford Central station is preferable not but needed (the pure gym one is quite close)

Chinner

Banned
depends what you want meadows. "the gym" is pretty affordable, but there weight sections are usually shit. they usually attract a lot of LADS as well.

Kentpaul

depends what you want meadows. "the gym" is pretty affordable, but there weight sections are usually shit. they usually attract a lot of LADS as well.

Every gym has dudes, women, lost causes, Its the way it is.

Darren870

I go to "The Gym" group every now and then.

The one in London is definitely bro heavy. Much more then the fitness first gym that I am a member of.

Suairyu

Banned

SLGJo.jpg
Just saw that yesterday, too. What a dumbass quote.

Oh wow, PEGI is becoming legally enforceable. Cool.
About time.

It sure must suck for that one teenager who turned 15 thinking that he can now buy 15-rated games only to realise that he needs to be 16 to do so now.
Fuck that teenager. He's a gobby shit who says they'll fire you for not selling them the game because they know your manager.

Kentpaul

kids to young to buy games ? the same kid just spend that money on drugs from a dealer on the estate.

Bravo government you have created another generation of fucktards.

SLGJo.jpg

I see no problem with the statement if you take it literally. It doesn't mention 'people who want to work but there are no jobs'. It only mentions people that can work but don't want to, and I know plenty of those. Not surprising given I live in the most miserable part of the UK.

I thought at one point that the government were doing 'able to work' checks on people. That is to say, the doctor signs off what you can do, not what you can't. Even then, the job centres are fucking useless and just sign you off with very little care in the world. Whole system needs a massive kick up the arse.

SteveWD40

looks good. There's also "The Gym" group. They're £15p/m and don't have a joining fee.

My budget is £20 or less. Something near Salford Central station is preferable not but needed (the pure gym one is quite close)

I use The Gym on New York Street, the nearest to you is the Pure Gym in Spinnigfileds I think? They are all pretty much the same, cheap, tons of equipment but no frills (pool, classes, saunas).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
kids to young to buy games ? the same kid just spend that money on drugs from a dealer on the estate.

Bravo government you have created another generation of fucktards.

Aye we really need to start putting age restrictions on drugs.

SteveWD40

I use "The Gym" free weight selection is poor, but then again this keeps away a lot of weekend warriors. So win-win

It's not great, but I do mostly dumbell circuits so I am happy, I got at 7am and it's right by many offices so it's mostly just office types doing loads of cardio rather than posers in spandex chucking weights around.

Worst gym etiquette ever by the way, douches who slam the weights down, might as well yell "I JUST DID A HARD SET FUCKERS" and piss on the floor.

SKINNER!

Banned
Chinner said:
lol at london gaf expecting northern gaf to come down.

Kentpaul, Lirlond and myself are interested in getting the Glasgow GAF meetup going at some point. If you can get Zelda to tag along then london gaf will come up north.

Kentpaul

Should be good i'm down for it. Hope its a really warm day so i can pull my cargo shorts/rio tshirt/sunglasses look.

The meetup should go well and i hope to possibly drink with the Scottish gaffers on a regular basis, Gaming evenings ect.

Meadows

Banned
I use The Gym on New York Street, the nearest to you is the Pure Gym in Spinnigfileds I think? They are all pretty much the same, cheap, tons of equipment but no frills (pool, classes, saunas).

is the NYS "The Gym" lad heavy?

I really want to avoid laddy lads hanging around the weights measuring their dicks.

I don't mind about not having the luxuries, I just want a nice simple gym.

SteveWD40

I really want to avoid laddy lads hanging around the weights measuring their dicks.

No, not at all, at least not when I go in the morning. There are some regular faces at the free weights but they are not douches imho.

It's much further from you than the Pure Gym though, didn't you like that one?

Suairyu

Banned
Whole office stopped working to watch Tom Daley fail. We do his video promotion so we had an excuse. Was happy with the result because, as a Brit, my favourite pasttime is being disappointed.

Suairyu

Banned

best gym I ever had was my university one. No frills, just a great selection of free weights and machines. A couple of lads but not ridiculously so - they'd always be happy to spot you and never got obnoxious.

Best of all, if anyone ever took more than 90 seconds recovery time, the instructors would tell them to stop being poser dickheads and hogging machines.

Suairyu

Banned
I feel sorry for him, but let's be honest, Tom Daley always looked far too smug for the team he's on.
well, he's a nice chap and all and had to put up with a lot of suit with bullying. Kind of expected with the school he went to - had a bad reputation around these parts - but still mist have been shit. I'm just morally offended by someone so young having a biography already.

He still has the solo event to compete in so who knows.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My Uni's gym is pretty decent. Good weight section, free and machines. Good cardio section on the level below that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom