• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Dave's mid-life crisis confirmed.

Being the same age as Dave all I can manage is:

OkeJW.gif

SteveWD40

It's not a MLC unless you grow some mis-advise facial hair (usually a Goatee of some kind), buy a sports car thats too small to be practical and start hanging around in clubs full of jailbait.

Oh and you usually have to be at least 40 to qualify.

this? this is called realising your metabolism has slowed down / your body can only take so much abuse.

SmokyDave

It's not a MLC unless you grow some mis-advise facial hair (usually a Goatee of some kind), buy a sports car thats too small to be practical and start hanging around in clubs full of jailbait.

Oh and you usually have to be at least 40 to qualify.
I've set a reminder on my phone. I'm going to choose a handlebar moustache and a big Healey when the time is right.

I already hang out in clubs full of jailbait. This will not change, though my inappropriate ogling may become more apparent.

this? this is called realising your metabolism has slowed down / your body can only take so much abuse.

Yeah, this is the 'real' top & bottom of it. I loved my teens and early 20's, but now it's time to settle the bill. I miss my six-pack.

SteveWD40

I am contemplating getting back into BJJ / MMA, since I haven't trained in years and I miss having an outlet for aggression (I am getting grumpier these days).

daviyoung

Banned
Dave likes the feeling of rubber between his cheeks.

you're not supposed to sit on it, you're supposed to ride it standing like a late-for-school paperboy going up a hill

Bike looks alright Dave, I've also decided to get a new bike, someone at work told me that I was making it unnecessarily difficult to do the 11 mile journey by not having a proper road bike (I use a hybrid road/mountain bike I got at uni).

So I'm getting one of these:

52385.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Also getting a bike, but nowhere near as much as some of those :lol

hp-banner-triban3.jpg

I am contemplating getting back into BJJ / MMA, since I haven't trained in years and I miss having an outlet for aggression (I am getting grumpier these days).
Same here, I loved BJJ but it was a complete pain having to take a bus and then underground to get to it though.

Darren870

Moving this weekend so got some stuff to get rid of, anyone want any of this? Otherwise its being donated.

Just pay shipping, pm me if your interested or want pics.

Microsoft Works Suite 2006
Rage Collectors DVD (Sealed)
2x iMAC HYNIX 1GB HYMP112S64CR6-S6 AB-C PC2-6400S Memory
NetGear RangeMax WGR614 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router (WGR614v10)
Broken US NTSC Xbox 360 (RROD) - Bare bone system
Hugo Boss Jacket - 44R
Hugo Boss Jacket - Silk Wool - 42R
Hart Schaffner Marx Jacket - 42R

The jackets were worn like twice so its not that weird ;)

Will post more stuff later. Claim by Friday or it goes.

SmokyDave

I'm buying a jump bike because my last bike (GT Avalanche) ended up like this:

Yup, that's a split in the downtube. Heavily gussetted and butted 6061-T6 and I split it like a buggered hamster. Hardcore.

Bike looks alright Dave, I've also decided to get a new bike, someone at work told me that I was making it unnecessarily difficult to do the 11 mile journey by not having a proper road bike (I use a hybrid road/mountain bike I got at uni).

So I'm getting one of these:

Unf. I debated getting a road bike but they don't make my willy twitch like jump bikes do. A damned sight faster and more practical though!

3Sixty

God, does anyone else obsessively check tracking information for packages.

Mine left Düsseldorf at 04:30 and no updates since, starting to think a cargo plane went down or something.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Bikes are so damn expensive. I've got an OK one that cost £400 effin quid which is kinda ridiculous. I really want to get my wife one so we can go out on romantic bike rides but bugger if I'm paying that again. I got mine on a cycle to work scheme (which I don't) so it didn't hurt too much. Now I just use it to nip around town when I need to get about. It's a shame a) it's so hilly and b) I'm so heavy, makes riding around this area a slog. I would ride to my new job since it's only about 10 miles away, but if the hills don't kill me then a speeding driver on these windy roads certainly might.

Darren870

Glad to hear you found a new place buddy.

Yea, not to far from the old place either. Not right next to Angel tube anymore but its alright. Has its own little private garden. Its bigger but also costs more a week, what joy!

Get the keys on wed, so will have to make sure its all in order before the move this weekend.

Oh and it comes with just like a bed and couch. My old place was completely furnished from the bed to the dishes so it will be fun on the wallet getting new dishes, tv, table, chairs, book shelf and all that fun jazz.. :/

Bikes are so damn expensive. I've got an OK one that cost £400 effin quid which is kinda ridiculous. I really want to get my wife one so we can go out on romantic bike rides but bugger if I'm paying that again. I got mine on a cycle to work scheme (which I don't) so it didn't hurt too much. Now I just use it to nip around town when I need to get about. It's a shame a) it's so hilly and b) I'm so heavy, makes riding around this area a slog. I would ride to my new job since it's only about 10 miles away, but if the hills don't kill me then a speeding driver on these windy roads certainly might.

Psssshht. £400? Bargain. The bloke just spent £3500 on his 5th mountain bike. I despair.

5 bikes? Why?!

Even if you had one for XC, one for DH, one jump bike and one trials bike, you'd still have one slot left!

All mountain. Commencal Meta SX.

The other are Spesh P1 (yeah I know I shoulda recognised yours, so shoot me :p), DMR, Cove and Kona Stinky.

He also has his old BMX out on the balcony and recently sold his road bike. I'm on at him to get rid of 2 of the others as well.

Could be worse I guess, he could spend all his money on crack....

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
God, does anyone else obsessively check tracking information for packages.

Mine left Düsseldorf at 04:30 and no updates since, starting to think a cargo plane went down or something.

I do! And it's an especially onerous task when the package is on a slow boat from China chugging across the Mediterranean - and gets (first time) a bit scary when the ship goes out of monitoring range in the Bay of Biscay and you think it has sunk.

Is your parcel coming by FedEx? If so, it seems they might have a little trouble with their tracking system since the weekend. My latest delivery claims to have got from Indianapolis to the sort facility at Stansted without having needed the bother of an aeroplane or UK customs on the way ...

The one I'm buying is £1400 so count yourself lucky!

3Sixty

I do! And it's an especially onerous task when the package is on a slow boat from China chugging across the Mediterranean - and gets (first time) a bit scary when the ship goes out of monitoring range in the Bay of Biscay and you think it has sunk.

Is your parcel coming by FedEx? If so, it seems they might have a little trouble with their tracking system since the weekend. My latest delivery claims to have got from Indianapolis to the sort facility at Stansted without having needed the bother of an aeroplane or UK customs on the way ...

Ha. No, not FedEx, UPS. Must says UPS's tracking is rather disappointing

itNzxZD34CCUR.png

Not alot of info there, at least its in the Country!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Ha. No, not FedEx, UPS. Must says UPS's tracking is rather disappointing

Not alot of info there, at least its in the Country!

Don't think I'll ever use UPS then, even if it is a bit cheaper. At least with Fedex I know (when the system is working) rather more detail. Mind you, I got spoilt with my first big ship delivery - I used Cory Logistics, and could even tell which shed the the pallet was in. Didn't get it out of the shed any faster, but it gave me comfort to be able to go look at the shed on Google Earth!

Look what I've missed! Dave got a weird bike and this thread has turned into a swap shop.

EDIT: To add to that, I've just seen that somebody thought that in an imaginary country where the tax brackets were 20% for less than £30,000 and 40% after that, it would be better to earn £29,999 than £30,001, believing that the full £30,001 would be taxed at 40%. Oh lord.

Look what I've missed! Dave got a weird bike and this thread has turned into a swap shop.

EDIT: To add to that, I've just seen that somebody thought that in an imaginary country where the tax brackets were 20% for less than £30,000 and 40% after that, it would be better to earn £29,999 than £30,001, believing that the full £30,001 would be taxed at 40%. Oh lord.

Americans don't tend to understand progressive taxation.

Darren870

is the book of Mormon the thing done by matt and trey, like a theatre production?

Yea that's the one. I always mean to see it when I go home but always forget. I hear its hilarious. Even people that would never laugh at a south park episode say its one of the funniest productions they have seen.

What is this american fascination with Shark Week?? Discovery have a lot to answer for.

Just something about sharks for a full week. Some of the programs are really good.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I cycle everywhere as I mentioned in the bus discussion but its just a mountain bike. Did 2 40 minute rides at the weekend and I really want a road bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom