• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take that into consideration. I got recommended FF7, 8, 9 and even 13 but not 6. Is it still turn-based?

6 is awesome dude. Best FF. Better than 7 for sure. XIII is an abomination though, if you're playing it, just stop. It's a huge steaming turd and will put you off a great franchise. Wait for Versus, if it ever comes out.

Juicy Bob

6 is awesome dude. Best FF. Better than 7 for sure. XIII is an abomination though, if you're playing it, just stop. It's a huge steaming turd and will put you off a great franchise. Wait for Versus, if it ever comes out.
I've not got the biggest love for FFXIII as a game, because while it's by far the most streamlined FF game (in a good way), it's also extremely linear and repetitive. I am going to finish it, though, because I'm too invested in the story to not find out what happens to the characters.

Yes, I am aware of what I just said. I regret nothing.

I've not got the biggest love for FFXIII as a game, because while it's by far the most streamlined FF game (in a good way), it's also extremely linear and repetitive. I am going to finish it, though, because I'm too invested in the story to not find out what happens to the characters.

Yes, I am aware of what I just said. I regret nothing.

Nothing of note, and yes, you will regret it.

My entire knowledge of JRPGs comes from Theatrhythm and Dragon Quest IX, both of which I enjoyed.

I don't play many western RPGs either. I can't get into Mass Effect despite trying several times and having a love of space opera stuff. I miss the old D&D games, it's a real pity that they have a system made for video games in 4th Edition and Atari of all people have the license. I am definitely going to try The Witcher 2, I liked the books (at least the ones that were translated here).

Mikeside

My entire knowledge of JRPGs comes from Theatrhythm and Dragon Quest IX, both of which I enjoyed.

I don't play many western RPGs either. I can't get into Mass Effect despite trying several times and having a love of space opera stuff. I miss the old D&D games, it's a real pity that they have a system made for video games in 4th Edition and Atari of all people have the license. I am definitely going to try The Witcher 2, I liked the books (at least the ones that were translated here).

Mass Effect took a while to sink in with me. I got it at launch, played up until you become a Spectre and thought "ehhh". The chilled out music putting me to sleep several times didn't help. It wasn't until about a month before ME2 came out that I decided to try again.

If you really like the setting and space operas in general then I say plough through the first couple of hours and it gets much more interesting and compelling. If you're still finding it slow by the time you're able to cruise around in the Normandy, then it probably isn't for you.

SKINNER!

Banned
From this post onwards, this thread has suddenly got interesting.

aBfpC.gif

Juicy Bob

There's a 'stuffed animal' joke to be made there, but I just can't do it.

Also, WOW at that majah dramah in the other thread. Houston's just been destroyed.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Stunning idea here.

Mark Wallace has offered a £6,500 reward for somebody to set off the fire alarm in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Mikeside

I don't get paid till next (!) friday, so if there are still tickets I'll deffo come. Damn new job and it's stupid 'last friday of the month' pay. pay me on the 27th you bastards!

Ahh OK - I doubt they'll totally sell out this week. Though they're low on saturday tickets, I think

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What would the day of choice be. Last time I went on a Sunday and had free tshirts literally thrown at me because they want to be shot of them.

At the same time I can't really think of many games I'm interested in trying. The WiiU won't be there right?

Mikeside

What would the day of choice be. Last time I went on a Sunday and had free tshirts literally thrown at me because they want to be shot of them.

At the same time I can't really think of many games I'm interested in trying. The WiiU won't be there right?

Thursday will be by far the quietest day
I can't imagine getting swag will be hard on any day

Meetups are easier for me on Thursday, Friday and Sunday in that order :)

Mikeside

I went on Saturday last year and got no swag :(. Going on Saturday again this year so guess I won't see you!

I'm there on Saturday too, but I'm with friends - will still make the effort if that's the only day some people are going!

You just gotta ask for swag sometimes. Especially when you're queueing or just sitting down to play a game, just grab one of the people and ask if they have any shirts or anything.

Last 30 mins on Sunday last year I was just basically running around asking if anyone had shirts left. Got a few SR3 shirts, a Mass Effect 3 one and another one I can't remember.

SO. MANY. SHIRTS :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I suppose I could try Friday since I have those days off.

To be fair I don't exactly need more tshirts. They just get used as PJs anywho.

Byron = fucking awesome. Best burger in London. For sure. Oh my god I can't wait to go back, but I know if I go too often I will turn into a lard arse so I have to cut something out, I'm thinking one of Wahaca or Nandos, help me decide GAF, what makes way for Byron!?

siddhu33

Byron = fucking awesome. Best burger in London. For sure. Oh my god I can't wait to go back, but I know if I go too often I will turn into a lard arse so I have to cut something out, I'm thinking one of Wahaca or Nandos, help me decide GAF, what makes way for Byron!?

Wahaca because I havent heard of it. I have heard of Nandos, and Nandos is awesome.

Fuck Nandos off, it's just overpriced chicken. Gotta keep Wahaca, I love that place, awesome mexican food.

Fuck Nandos off, it's just overpriced chicken. Gotta keep Wahaca, I love that place, awesome mexican food.

Yeah, but I do love chicken. I was actually going to suggest meeting for dinner at Wahaca on Dean Street for the London-GAF meetup, but I'm not sure they could seat that many people, at least not without a long-ish wait.

Now I'm not even sure I'll make the meetup, I might be flying on Saturday instead of Monday. D:

SteveWD40

Is Dean St the Covent Garden one? I loved it there when me and the mrs went, the pork tacos were heavenly.

I too doubt there seating capacity and you can't book, more than 6 would probably mean a hell of a wait.

Is Dean St the Covent Garden one? I loved it there when me and the mrs went, the pork tacos were heavenly.

I too doubt there seating capacity and you can't book, more than 6 would probably mean a hell of a wait.

No, that's Chandos Place, it's next to the Nandos. This is the Soho one, it's much bigger.

Yeah, but I do love chicken. I was actually going to suggest meeting for dinner at Wahaca on Dean Street for the London-GAF meetup, but I'm not sure they could seat that many people, at least not without a long-ish wait.

Now I'm not even sure I'll make the meetup, I might be flying on Saturday instead of Monday. D:

Yeah not really ideal place for a mass meet up.

Aww will be a shame if you can't come man

Zaph

No, that's Chandos Place, it's next to the Nandos. This is the Soho one, it's much bigger.
Next time you're in Soho, try Burger and Lobster - definitely gives Byron a run for their money.

It's a flat £20 menu too - burger or lobster roll with fries and salad.

Wait time can get a bit silly during peak hours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom