• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time you're in Soho, try Burger and Lobster - definitely gives Byron a run for their money.

It's a flat £20 menu too - burger or lobster roll with fries and salad.

Wait time can get a bit silly during peak hours though.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out. I can Boris Bike it to Oxford St one day, it will work up my appetite as well which is a bonus.

Meadows

Banned
I love Black Dog branded clubs/bars in Manc. The vibe there is great, even though you have to pay a bit more for the drinks. My favourite is the NWS one.

Anyone else?

Zaph

Yeah, but his natural Jeremy shone though even with his apology.

"Sorry your feelings were hurt" is a fuck-off apology if I ever heard one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
CHEEZMO™;41263084 said:
I betrayed myself and signed up to Twitter.

YHWH forgive me.

I have one. I literally post one thought a week knowing no one will read it, but its nice to get it out there. Kind of therapeutical.

Juicy Bob

Don't worry. They'll be another epic moment soon enough. This is, after all, NeoGAF - the Greatest Forum in the History of Anything, Ever™.

Darren870

Byron = fucking awesome. Best burger in London. For sure. Oh my god I can't wait to go back, but I know if I go too often I will turn into a lard arse so I have to cut something out, I'm thinking one of Wahaca or Nandos, help me decide GAF, what makes way for Byron!?

Yea definitely Wahaca. Never been to Nandos nor do I even want to try it.

On Fridays we usually rotate Byron, Wahaca and a few other places in CW for lunch.

daviyoung

Banned
I think shops should open later and close later in high streets. I quite like buying stuff in shops, but by the time I've finished work so have all shop workers.

Their hours need changing.

SKINNER!

Banned
I think shops should open later and close later in high streets. I quite like buying stuff in shops, but by the time I've finished work so have all shop workers.

Their hours need changing.

I agree. When I used to live abroad, shops would open from 9am to 2pm and then reopen from 5pm to 10pm or midnight in the weekends. It was so convenient not having to wait until the weekend to buy stuff.

Aren't there any shopping centres close-by that close at 9pm? There's a few that do here.

daviyoung

Banned
There's a shopping centre that does late-night shopping (8pm lol) on Thursdays but that's it. It did take about 100 years for pubs to serve alcohol after 11pm though, so I'm not expecting quick progress or anything.

Maybe I should get a job that gives me loads of free time. I wonder if Kentpaul Inc. is hiring.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Buy from amazon guys and shrug when expensive local shops go out of business.

Vote with cash.

daviyoung

Banned
I like walking around and looking and stuff and taking home a box or bag of things I own. I have a bone to pick with delivery driver's hours too. Basically everything needs to fit around my schedule and at the moment nothing does.

I like walking around and looking and stuff and taking home a box or bag of things I own. I have a bone to pick with delivery driver's hours too. Basically everything needs to fit around my schedule and at the moment nothing does.

Can't you get stuff delivered to work? That's what I do, at least if it's small like a book or a game.

daviyoung

Banned
Can't you get stuff delivered to work? That's what I do, at least if it's small like a book or a game.

That's a good idea, and one I've thought about, but you haven't seen the mail staff here. It seems like it's taking the piss a bit too, I knew a guy who would get everything delivered (kitchen units, stereos etc) and he was a massive Jeremy.

Kentpaul

I'm the same. Though i start work at 2pm so I'm home for deliverys -/- and i have time to dash into town to pick something up on the fly if need be.

Nothing more exciting then seeing the mail dude walking along the street with my Amazon order. Its like Christmas every time it happens.

You don't get that excitement shopping in town.

Anyone playing CS:GO? My Steam name is cotswoldclose hit me up.

All my British cash is in euro's I'm skint. *Scoffs off brand pringles with pride*

That's a good idea, and one I've thought about, but you haven't seen the mail staff here. It seems like it's taking the piss a bit too, I knew a guy who would get everything delivered (kitchen units, stereos etc) and he was a massive Jeremy.

WTF!?!? Kitchen units!?!

We have internal mail, but anything from a courier is held at the front desk in the lobby, people just pick up their stuff on their way home. The front desk will send an IM over the internal system to say that they have received a parcel to the person who got it. It's a pretty simple system.

daviyoung

Banned
WTF!?!? Kitchen units!?!

We have internal mail, but anything from a courier is held at the front desk in the lobby, people just pick up their stuff on their way home. The front desk will send an IM over the internal system to say that they have received a parcel to the person who got it. It's a pretty simple system.

Yeh, kitchen units man. Along with loads of miscellaneous ebay junk for DIY too, along with everything on sale from ebuyer or pixmania. And the guy just didn't care. We have a mailroom here, so everything goes there first (internal and external), nothing is held by reception.

If it's a small package the mail dudes deliver it around the building, the bigger stuff is held in the mailroom and you just pick it up from there. I'm not as shameless as that fella though.

Mikeside

We need to sort out the games industry here.
Why aren't we looking at Canada and taking note?

Slightly related - My company actually sells all the desktops and laptops that Activision Europe use.

You should see the business park that Acti HQ has in Uxbridge.
GORGEOUS.

Theres still Dundee!

And Acti have recently opened/bought a studio in Leeds.

Kentpaul

Didn't know there was such a thing. I'm so sheltered.

011%5C5052109972011%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Potato Purée Powder,Sunflower Oil ,Potato Starch ,Salt and Vinegar Seasoning ,Salt. ,Potato Purée Powder contains , Emulsifier (Mono- and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids) ,TempText1. ,Salt and Vinegar Seasoning contains ,Milk Sugar ,Sugar ,Salt ,Malt Vinegar Powder ,Spirit Vinegar Powder ,Flavouring ,Maize Starch ,Citric Acid ,Tartaric Acid ,Yeast Extract Powder ,Sunflower Oil.

1 quid ftw.

Juicy Bob

Excuse my blinding ignorance, but were Sony Liverpool the group who Studio Liverpool, who used to make the F1 games about 10 years ago, turned into?

Hurts a lot because of the family connection. Both Liverpool and Cambridge were/are on life support for a while.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Cambridge will be next.

No, Cambridge is bullet-proof. Without Cambridge SCEE falls apart. They have been working on PS4 for a while now, just as they were the first SCEE studio to break ground on PS3.

Mikeside

No, Cambridge is bullet-proof. Without Cambridge SCEE falls apart. They have been working on PS4 for a while now, just as they were the first SCEE studio to break ground on PS3.

Yep - what else do Sony have in the UK now?
Cambridge - surely working on PS4
London - still working on SingStar and other drivel? I'd love to see them tackle something proper.
Oh, and Media Molecule who are at least working on something interesting on Vita

Edit: ugghhh, double post AGAIN. Somebody slap me.

I can't even explain how excited I am about this development, but I'm confused: is Evil coming to Scotland, or are they in Amsterdam at the same time? Either way, this HAS to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom