• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
CHEEZMO™;41499530 said:
I could probably figure out where you live from that pic.

Aren't the trains annoying?

Not too bad, if I have the balcony doors open it gets annoying but they aren't very regular.

SteveWD40

I've started doing "urban gardening" on my Juliette Balcony. I've got enough space for 5 medium sized troughs and just filled 2 with compost today!

I've always wanted to do this kind of thing, it might look really pretty after I make some progress. Certainly much better than everyone else's boring balconies!

Only planted Coriander so far, but I'm gonna do all of the staple herbs (parsley, lemongrass etc) and maybe some lavender.

*pics removed because I don't want Cheezmo stalking me*

Any tips?

My GF grows all sorts on ours (full size though) from Strawberries to Courgettes, will ask her for some tips.

Chinner

Banned
I've started doing "urban gardening" on my Juliette Balcony. I've got enough space for 5 medium sized troughs and just filled 2 with compost today!

I've always wanted to do this kind of thing, it might look really pretty after I make some progress. Certainly much better than everyone else's boring balconies!

Only planted Coriander so far, but I'm gonna do all of the staple herbs (parsley, lemongrass etc) and maybe some lavender.

*pics removed because I don't want Cheezmo stalking me*

Any tips?
you will soon be contacted by kentpaul. he will want you to grow him shrooms and weed.

also: cheezmo is out of control.

Suairyu

Banned
Booked Paris.

Two nights in a four star hotel bang in the centre, round trip on the Eurostar, and a day in EuroDisney all for the paltry sum of £458.78

Mikeside

lolol, it happens to me all the freakin' time. I keep thinking "Today is the day I'll get to sit next to a normal person" but nope, every...time!
She held your hand though. Wasted mile high opportunity there! (Is it even realistically possible to join the mile high club in today's planes?)

As long as we get a Miniature Schnauzer and have frequent slow-mo shootouts.

Wait, you threw up while making out or after? Nice!

During :/
Not my proudest moment.

Suairyu

Banned
ALSO GUYS I had a board game night. We played Fluxx, Settlers Of Catan and Arkham Horror. Best night in ages and I think I might prefer boardgames to videogames for multiplayer fun.

I recommend it.

Wasted mile high opportunity there! (Is it even realistically possible to join the mile high club in today's planes?)

Air New Zealand SkyCouch, pretty much designed with the mile high club in mind.

3262428.jpg

Booked Paris.

Two nights in a four star hotel bang in the centre, round trip on the Eurostar, and a day in EuroDisney all for the paltry sum of £458.78

Seems quite a lot for 2 days to me, but I know Disney is a shitload so is probably not so bad. Have fun dude, let me know if it's worth it, always wanted to do Disney.

Suairyu

Banned
Seems quite a lot for 2 days to me, but I know Disney is a shitload so is probably not so bad. Have fun dude, let me know if it's worth it, always wanted to do Disney.
Disney cost £95 itself for the two of us.

But as Alton Towers is almost as expensive, I aint mad.

And for two nights in the centre of Paris for two plus Eurostar tickets, that shit is cheap.

But had I planned this whole trip months in advance, I probably could have got it for cheaper, yeah.

I've been to EuroDisney once and Disneyland Florida twice. It's always magical and stuff, and french Pocahontas is fine.

daviyoung

Banned
I met a girl who played Belle in those Euro Disney parades once. She wasn't as psychologically damaged as I expected, just a typical drama graduate.

And for two nights in the centre of Paris for two plus Eurostar tickets, that shit is cheap.

But had I planned this whole trip months in advance, I probably could have got it for cheaper, yeah.

I've been to EuroDisney once and Disneyland Florida twice. It's always magical and stuff, and french Pocahontas is fine.

Oh that's not too bad, I thought tickets were like £100 each.

Might do it next year then

SmokyDave

I went to EuroDisney with the missus. Much as it pains me to admit it, the place is infectiously magical and you can't help but enjoy yourself.

ONE WEEK CLEAN! No cigs, no weed, no regrets!

Oh that's not too bad, I thought tickets were like £100 each.

Might do it next year then
Strongly recommend it!

We were there for some anniversary or other so there were tons of parades and fireworks. Twas awesome.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I went to EuroDisney with the missus. Much as it pains me to admit it, the place is infectiously magical and you can't help but enjoy yourself.

Congrats fella :D if you can make it one weekend you can make it all of them.

I fell off the wagon so hard this weekend, twas glorious.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Making your way round this maze of an awesome city stoned out your mind is a quest of the ages. Sidetracked by every coffee shop in sight.

Going to hit a coffee shop and roll a good few joints for a boat trip later. You can smoke on this boat tour.

This city is fucking beyond awesome. All other city's are petty in comparison.

Legalise

Then weather has been spot on to add to this wonderland of shady good times.

The coffee shops are great to, crazy paintings and music playing.

Lirlond

Ugh, British comedy is all about taking the mick out of stuff. Every other religion has had its go, now it's Islams turn. The people complaining will have just moved here and not understand our horrible sense of humour.

SmokyDave

American politics are so fucking fascinating at the moment. I can't look away from the ensuing train-wreck. They treat their political parties more like sports teams. This will be the first US election that I follow closely. These sentences are stunted. Because it's early in the morning.

Congrats fella :D if you can make it one weekend you can make it all of them.

I fell off the wagon so hard this weekend, twas glorious.
My neighbour nipped round and gave me a joint last night. I gave it him back. I'm now convinced that I'm going to succeed. Feels good!

Ugh, British comedy is all about taking the mick out of stuff. Every other religion has had its go, now it's Islams turn. The people complaining will have just moved here and not understand our horrible sense of humour.
Betcha we capitulate and the show doesn't get another season. Islam gets what islam wants.

Did anyone with a TV see this?

Is it as hilarious as it looks?

It was fucking terrible. Not funny at all and not nearly risky enough. The acting was also awful. I went in with very low expectations, I knew it was never going to capture the same magic that Goodness Gracious Me did, but this was so poor that the BBC should cancel it and just leave the rest unaired. Release it to DVD or something.

Betcha we capitulate and the show doesn't get another season. Islam gets what islam wants.

Dave, the problem is that the show is just rubbish, if it gets cancelled it won't be because of some demand from a cleric or mosque it will be because it's crap.

If the BBC had taken the risks and made it more like Four Lions (which is fucking hilarious) then it would see a second season. Regardless of any offence in the Islamic community.

Mikeside

It was fucking terrible. Not funny at all and not nearly risky enough. The acting was also awful. I went in with very low expectations, I knew it was never going to capture the same magic that Goodness Gracious Me did, but this was so poor that the BBC should cancel it and just leave the rest unaired. Release it to DVD or something.

Just watching the advert made me want to throw my TV and the TVs of all I hold dear into a large pile and burn them.

Awful.

SKINNER!

Banned
Atleast you'll be sitting next to a somewhat normal person on the way /back/ from London ;p

That thread has shed a new light on this one.

Gaffers on an easyjet plane headed to Glasgow. oh boy! what a ruckus that'll be!

Did anyone with a TV see this?

Is it as hilarious as it looks?

Reminds me of East is East with laugh track to be honest and that had elements of Islam mocked. Was a fuss kicked up about it back in 1999? Also, it's created by a British Muslim so I'm guessing that the show will have some good accurate jokes about Muslim life in the UK. This doesn't look offensive at all and I'm sure the majority of British Muslims will think the same.

SmokyDave

Dave, the problem is that the show is just rubbish, if it gets cancelled it won't be because of some demand from a cleric or mosque it will be because it's crap.

If the BBC had taken the risks and made it more like Four Lions (which is fucking hilarious) then it would see a second season. Regardless of any offence in the Islamic community.

Just sayin', Islam gets what islam wants.

Reminds me of East is East with laugh track to be honest and that had elements of Islam mocked. Was a fuss kicked up about it back in 1999? Also, it's created by a British Muslim so I'm guessing that the show will have some good accurate jokes about Muslim life in the UK. This doesn't look offensive at all and I'm sure the majority of British Muslims will think the same.
East is East was great. There was a mild furore upon it's release but things were different back then. There was another mild furore when the US release featured a blonde, white woman with barely and asian characters in sight (on the poster / VHS cover).

Not in a millennia would the BBC have the balls to touch on the genius of Morris, that film is new levels of daring.

Fooked up rabbits with no ears!

Anyway, I emailed a guy I know at the BBC as to why the show is so crap and how the hell it got the green light. I am awaiting his response, let's see his excuse...

SmokyDave

Fooked up rabbits with no ears!

Anyway, I emailed a guy I know at the BBC as to why the show is so crap and how the hell it got the green light. I am awaiting his response, let's see his excuse...

Ha-ha! I hope it was a really dry and dispassionate mail.

They couldn't help me locate a copy of Kieran Prendiville's 'Care' :(

Award winning drama and the BBC just toss it in the bin. Knobs.

Strongly recommend it!

We were there for some anniversary or other so there were tons of parades and fireworks. Twas awesome.

Congrats dude, you're doing really well!

Chinner

Banned

i might have to pesker you about these details later on. very tempted to do something similar!

also congrats dave, but it looks like kentpaul shall be your scottish replacement.

Oh and I know I'm totally late to the party with this and you guys are all probably way ahead, but holy shit at Ep 12 Season 2 of Breaking Bad! Walt just hit a whole other level.

Really pissed off, having such a hard time dealing with my tv. Insurance company have asked for a copy of the engineers report, repair company want to charge me £30 for it! Can they do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom