• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
You lucky Mancs, I love a good thunderstorm. Hopefully it'll swing by my way later on.

it's going west to east unfortunately so Leeds will probably have it in a couple of hours

it's a big storm this. First my friends from Liverpool started posting about it on Facebook, then the ones in Warrington, and now the ones in Manchester.

It knocked out the power in Warrington for a bit

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Yeah, I was hearing distant thunder about 20 minutes ago so I looked out the window over to the west of Manchester. Saw this insane storm front just rolling in from far out.

Lots of lightning right now. Ridiculous thunder.

Awesome. I love storms.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I'm jelly. The thunder and lightning has died down a bit here. Still a huge one every few minutes but they're moving away :(

Meadows

Banned
CHEEZMO™;41528667 said:
I'm jelly. The thunder and lightning has died down a bit here. Still a huge one every few minutes but they're moving away :(

there was one about 3 minutes ago, the bolt hit a building in the city center. I think it was the Premier Inn.

FUCK

ONE JUST HIT THE COOP

I WAS LOOKING AT THE PREMIER INN AND ONE STRUCK THE COOP TOWER

this storm is fucking awesome

daviyoung

Banned
He's still denying that, and there are lots of reports online of people experiencing similar problems with cracks appearing. I'll never know for sure.

Only way to know for sure is to shoot a bb gun at it and compare the two, at least then you'll know even though it negates any insurance policy you have.

The insurance company are allowed to investigate the TV as much as your initial policy allows, the repair company must be commissioned by, and get paid from, the insurance company and should only charge for repairs if you haven't claimed the off your insurance.

Only way to know for sure is to shoot a bb gun at it and compare the two, at least then you'll know even though it negates any insurance policy you have.

The insurance company are allowed to investigate the TV as much as your initial policy allows, the repair company must be commissioned by, and get paid from, the insurance company and should only charge for repairs if you haven't claimed the off your insurance.

The repair company were commissioned by Samsung, as they were originally going to cover the cost. I only got in touch with my insurance company after I got an invoice from the repair company, who informed me Samsung wouldn't be footing the bill after all.
I've already paid the repair company for parts so they would order them and get on with fixing my tv. The insurance company are aware of all this.

daviyoung

Banned
Sounds like you're stuck with that bill then, unless you got official word from Samsung there's nothing you can do. I'm no Saul Goodman though, so don't quote me.

The insurance company haven't said they won't pay, they just want a copy of the engineers report that was originally sent to Samsung, which the repair company are trying to charge me £30 for.

SteveWD40

there was one about 3 minutes ago, the bolt hit a building in the city center. I think it was the Premier Inn.

FUCK

ONE JUST HIT THE COOP

I WAS LOOKING AT THE PREMIER INN AND ONE STRUCK THE COOP TOWER

this storm is fucking awesome

*leaves flat*

NlCoy.gif

Mikeside

At work, I've just been put in charge of managing a big job working with a CISCO engineer to install 200 IP phones and set up all the relevent hardware to manage them in 2 sites in Derby.

Despite being warehouse 'manager' (and the only person working in the warehouse here) in addition to being one of only 2 IT engineers here, I've never really had to manage other people/a moderately big job like this before. Exciting/terrifying!

Fingers crossed I don't cock everything up!

Meadows

Banned
weather is great now.

me coriander isn't happy though, it didn't get any of the rain and the sun didn't hit it this morning (it gets sun from sunrise to about 11am). It was pitch black when I got up at 8am.

3Sixty

Personally i don't care if you're Black, White, Cuban or Asian (Uh ah). If you have a Brummie accent i hate you
Sorry

SmokyDave

Personally i don't care if you're Black, White, Cuban or Asian (Uh ah). If you have a Brummie accent i hate you
Sorry
No kidding, I spent about 5 years hating brummies after one shouted at me really early in the morning once. That fucking accent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom