• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Nice one mate :D

Related but perhaps worse: when I was a younger man I used to have a big ol skanky 2ft bong that I would smoke hash through. I perfected the art of getting a buzzy headrush on my first hit of the day, it was fun, the room would swim, sometimes I would babble incoherently.

I knew it was time to stop doing that when one morning I did a massive hit and awoke to hear a banging at the door. Momentarily befuddled it took seconds for me to realise that not only was I mostly upsidedown with my forehead on the floor and arse on the sofa still but the bong was also upsidedown and was glugging yellow-brown bongwater all over my face.

I opened the door to find my mate (Lewis) standing there, me with a gash on my head and stinking of old fags.

So kids, the moral of the story is do not fuck with your oxygen supply!

haha I love bad drugs stories. Share yours UKGAF. I bet Dave's got some corkers.

I might save mine for the meetups, there are only a couple of worthwhile ones, but I'm not sure how much I want them on the internet for all to see!

Fuck yeah I got that job!

Now, does an ISP exist that will sell me their services for the month? Otherwise It's just gonna be me in a house with no internet until my housemates move up, and I'm not signing us on to a contract without discussing it.

Sorry, I hadn't even noticed the first part of this!
'gratulations, chum.
Drinks are on you at Eurogamer. Which you're coming to. Because you're the one buying the drinks.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I might save mine for the meetups, there are only a couple of worthwhile ones, but I'm not sure how much I want them on the internet for all to see!

Sorry, I hadn't even noticed the first part of this!
'gratulations, chum.
Drinks are on you at Eurogamer. Which you're coming to. Because you're the one buying the drinks.

Sorry mate I can't, gonna be at work ;)

Seanbob11

Fuck yeah I got that job!

Now, does an ISP exist that will sell me their services for the month? Otherwise It's just gonna be me in a house with no internet until my housemates move up, and I'm not signing us on to a contract without discussing it.

tumblr_m7cjhskeRI1qgodxz.gif

Cindres

On a weekend? They're taking the piss already!

isn't it thursday and friday?

Anyway I'll be in Newcastle, like I said it's just a spot with the Uni for 3 weeks full time before I start again, then up to 6 weeks part time after that.

Cindres

Thurs - Sun

Enjoy it dude, what are you going to be doing?

They're developing an online training module for course reps. Gonna be mostly html and stuff as I pitched it as a series of web pages. Should be easy enough, they don't want anything flashy.

The job almost clears my overdraft anyway, that's what's really exciting. Means the money for my 21st can go on a computer and not living.

Cwmbran. Used to go out in Newport a lot, but I'd pop to Cardiff now and then. Was always a pain cos someone had to drive, it would normally be me. Used to go to Metros quite a bit, sometimes we'd do St Mary's St. Always liked the Walkabout there.

Ahh Metros. Think I went there twice. Wasn't really my place at all. I remember going there for the first time, like nearly 20 years ago. I was the only person not wearing a Iron Maiden/Def Lepard/Guns n roses t-shirt.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Emerging from a smokey coffee shop into the red light. Such a magical Bizarre experience. Man this city is the place a man comes to live free.

Stubo

CHEEZMO™;41573371 said:
By some distance the best bail out.gif I've ever seen.

Congrats on the job Cindres! Further the internet situation I'd throw Be's name into the hat for you to consider for a future provider. About as useful as I can...be...puns.

...So yes, the plot thickens etc. I'll be quiet again now ;)

SmokyShe? Eh, I've been called worse, I guess. Film looks shit though.

Hi Musha! (sorry about not being very fit)

I'll go back to lurking now.

Haha, awesome, hi! Nice to see you in here! (Would. Hope that's not offensive to you or Smoky!)

And don't worry, we'll not be seeing some awful film on our double date. It'll be a much classier affair.

You should hang around here more, we need more ladies.

SmokyDave

Man, some dude had a straight up nervous breakdown in the Eurogamer Wii U thread. It took all my self control to resist mocking them.

So your avatar is the same as your facebook profile pic? Interesting....
It am!

Interestingly, I change my avatar more often than my Facebook pic. Wait, that wasn't interesting. Sorry!

SmokyDave

Which one? On both sides of the debate there seemed to be crazies.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=41578059

That's some crazy shit. I'm the one that made the cock joke and I think I made something snap in his or her head. Some people take this stuff WAY too seriously, a guy not far from me got stabbed over some forum comment or other. Dude travelled all the way from Germany to kill him.

So if I ask you to be my friend on fb, would you accept?
Ah man, that's some tricky shit. I don't know how I feel about Facebook, I don't even have some of my friends on there because I'm really uncomfortable with all that info being amalgamated and stored. I kinda wish I'd never opened a profile. Bang me over an FR while I chew on it.

I promise it's nothing personal, I just regret ever opening an account.

Suairyu

Banned
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=41578059

That's some crazy shit. I'm the one that made the cock joke and I think I made something snap in his or her head. Some people take this stuff WAY too seriously, a guy not far from me got stabbed over some forum comment or other. Dude travelled all the way from Germany to kill him.
Oh my.

Ah man, that's some tricky shit. I don't know how I feel about Facebook, I don't even have some of my friends on there because I'm really uncomfortable with all that info being amalgamated and stored. I kinda wish I'd never opened a profile. Bang me over an FR while I chew on it.

I promise it's nothing personal, I just regret ever opening an account.
The Duck-approved Facebook method:

You don't put personal shit on there at all. You upload three photos of yourself, tops, then just use it to oraganise events and network. Social networks are tools, and you need the tool that is the industry standard. Right now, that's Facebook. Eventually some new hot shit will replace it.

Don't get "sucked in" by following drama or even posting updates. Just use it to connect.

P.S. Musha is stalking you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, some dude had a straight up nervous breakdown in the Eurogamer Wii U thread. It took all my self control to resist mocking them.

Had that thread opened in a tab and haven't even read the first post. Saw it was specialguy so accusation of trolling are bound to be imminent.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Duck-approved Facebook method:

You don't put personal shit on there at all. You upload three photos of yourself, tops, then just use it to oraganise events and network. Social networks are tools, and you need the tool that is the industry standard. Right now, that's Facebook. Eventually some new hot shit will replace it.

Don't get "sucked in" by following drama or even posting updates. Just use it to connect

I hardly use my FB anymore either but perhaps I'll prune what I have up at the moment. Joined back in the heyday of 2006 when it was fresh and new so I have a lot of crap from back then.

Do you untag yourself from photos?

Seanbob11

Try some antique stores. I picked up a really sweet one a couple of months back from an an antiques store here and it was only £40. In fact, I think I posted pics of it in this thread.

Are you any good? :p Think Kent would be up for Chess at the Scot-GAF meet up? Damn that would be some depressingly boring shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom