• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think we have a convenient Marrisons nearby. Checking their store finder there are two of reasonable driving distance, but when a big Tesco is in walking distance you take what you've got.

Meadows

Banned
I don't often mind paying more for quality, there is a great Butchers near where we want to move who is actually open on Sundays (not sure about evenings) and I love the idea of supporting your community, it's just they need to get with the times and play along rather than be typical, set in their ways little Englanders.

where's that? me and the missus have been looking for a few good butchers in Manc.

The one in the Arndale Market is pretty good though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I like the 24 hour ASDA. As we've discussed in this thread before there really is nothing like a midnight supermarket shop.

Ergh, shouldn't have left all my packing until the day before I move, and with work at half 5 and a weekend of birthday celebrations catching up with me this is a long day.

Meadows

Banned
oh fuck, while I remember:

http://almostfamousburgers.com/

anybody been here? It looks fucking amazing, but I always forget to go on the 4 days a week they're open.

It wasn't long ago that they were only open 2 days a week and it was a weird hush hush thing where the only way you could hear about it was word of mouth. There's nothing outside to indicate that it's a restaurant, you have to go through some dodgy staircase that looks like an apartment complex to get into it or something.

My favourite is the 50 Shades of Bacon burger

SteveWD40

where's that? me and the missus have been looking for a few good butchers in Manc.

The one in the Arndale Market is pretty good though.

Glossop :) That's where we want to move soon (buying a house). In Manc yeah, the Arndale is the best one, much improved now.

Cindres

While we're on it can we talk about the fucking post office opening times? I mean the place parcels go when you weren't in because stuff gets delivered when you're not in the fucking house.

Every day it shuts at like half 12 except for Wednesdays when it's open late. Causing huge queues after like 5.

Seriously? Half fucking 12?

Mikeside

This is why I make a terrible grownup. Weekends are for videogames, drinking and shameful onanism.

Yeah - I keep feeling like I should be growing out of this, but after a long, hard, annoying & painfully dull week at work, why the fuck shouldn't I just do what I want?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Yeah - I keep feeling like I should be growing out of this, but after a long, hard, annoying & painfully dull week at work, why the fuck shouldn't I just do what I want?

Yeah, I used to think like that. But thing is, after a long hard annoying and painfully dull week at work, there's still a whole load of shit needs doing. And if you don't do it, it just keeps on getting worse (for example, my car and my garage - don't want to give you the impression I do this every damn week!) Didn't even mention the ironing, which I'm more or less up to speed with.

While we're on it can we talk about the fucking post office opening times? I mean the place parcels go when you weren't in because stuff gets delivered when you're not in the fucking house.

Every day it shuts at like half 12 except for Wednesdays when it's open late. Causing huge queues after like 5.

Seriously? Half fucking 12?

Biggest fucking waste of space ever. I believe either Chinner or Suairyu ranted about that a while ago, and I remember agreeing then too. It's pathetic. Recently, when I miss packages, they've dropped them off at my proper local post office, which is great as their opening hours are far more reasonable.

SmokyDave

I've found a nice balance by getting up really fucking early on the weekends. I feel like I get a lot of grown-up stuff done and a lot of cool stuff too.

"It's my weekend and I'm going to spend it wallowing in my own filth feeling guilty!"

Actually, that sounds quite appealing.

Cindres

Biggest fucking waste of space ever. I believe either Chinner or Suairyu ranted about that a while ago, and I remember agreeing then too. It's pathetic. Recently, when I miss packages, they've dropped them off at my proper local post office, which is great as their opening hours are far more reasonable.

That's happened before which is great because I was out, but still able to pick it up the same day because he finished his round then took it to my local post office. But my mum got one of those compare the market meerkats recently and I had to get up to go pick it up from town because my mum's at work.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I've found a nice balance by getting up really fucking early on the weekends.

Now, I can relate to that. I just love my early mornings getting up with the sunrise and getting on with stuff. It's not necessarily pleasant stuff, but it's a damn good feeling to have it done by the time everyone else gets up.

Mikeside

I've found a nice balance by getting up really fucking early on the weekends. I feel like I get a lot of grown-up stuff done and a lot of cool stuff too.

"It's my weekend and I'm going to spend it wallowing in my own filth feeling guilty!"

I'd rather have my lay in but spend the day doing chores than get up early and be done by the afternoon, to be honest - I'm not good in the mornings.

My girlfriend and I actually looking at moving out, at the minute. We had to move back in with my mum when money got a bit tight, but we're starting to be in a better position again and have a friend who is up for moving in with us, so hopefully that'll be happening by March next year.

I'm really looking forward to getting the place how we want it (which we're all pretty much in agreement on, luckily) - so there'll be a fair few weekends of work there, I guess. Have been insanely jealous of a couple of friends who have just bought their first places and have been setting up pretty fucking sweet 'man caves' - one in a garage, one in the loft. I want that :(

The secret to love making: bees.

tumblr_m056jufdhU1qjh7mv.gif

SmokyDave

I'd rather have my lay in but spend the day doing chores than get up early and be done by the afternoon, to be honest - I'm not good in the mornings.

My girlfriend and I actually looking at moving out, at the minute. We had to move back in with my mum when money got a bit tight, but we're starting to be in a better position again and have a friend who is up for moving in with us, so hopefully that'll be happening by March next year.

I'm really looking forward to getting the place how we want it (which we're all pretty much in agreement on, luckily) - so there'll be a fair few weekends of work there, I guess. Have been insanely jealous of a couple of friends who have just bought their first places and have been setting up pretty fucking sweet 'man caves' - one in a garage, one in the loft. I want that :(
I wasn't good in the mornings until I forced myself to be good in the mornings. Now I wouldn't change it for the world, lie-ins make my bones creak and my brain sluggish.

I have a manloft. If I'm honest, the novelty has worn off. It's a cool 'space' but I just don't use it as much as I thought I would. My PC gaming has pretty much dropped dead since I hooked it to an HDTV in there and my retro consoles are fun to look at but not enough of an incentive to ignore the PS3 in my living room. I kinda wish we'd gone for a smaller place that wasn't so difficult to keep clean 'n' tidy.

I reckon my next 'man-space' will be a garage. When we start looking at new places I'm going to try and find somewhere with a nice garage I can turn into a workshop.

New bee arrives tomorrow. No more having to hold back during love making for fear of making noise.
Buzzin'.

Mikeside

I wasn't good in the mornings until I forced myself to be good in the mornings. Now I wouldn't change it for the world, lie-ins make my bones creak and my brain sluggish.

I have a manloft. If I'm honest, the novelty has worn off. It's a cool 'space' but I just don't use it as much as I thought I would. My PC gaming has pretty much dropped dead since I hooked it to an HDTV in there and my retro consoles are fun to look at but not enough of an incentive to ignore the PS3 in my living room. I kinda wish we'd gone for a smaller place that wasn't so difficult to keep clean 'n' tidy.

I reckon my next 'man-space' will be a garage. When we start looking at new places I'm going to try and find somewhere with a nice garage I can turn into a workshop.

Buzzin'.

I've always been a pretty avid PC gamer over anything else. We're planning to have the PC on a desk in the living room, but with the option of plugging it into the TV for movies, social gaming etc, but mostly on a monitor so I can put headphones on and game on my own when I want to.

The man cave is going to have a nice big table for boardgames (our group of friends play a lot of board/card games and Necromunda, drinking games, etc) with either a little HTPC or a laptop and a nice screen and some speakers to plug into for music/movies in the background.

If our place ends up being very small then it'll just be part of the living room - we're not too fussy considering how little we can afford on the ole' monthly rent.

Suairyu

Banned
Whoever I ultimately co-inhabit with will be a gamer, too. We shall have a nerd-loft instead. I'll build a mame cabinet especially for it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

But that involves sleeping less, and bugger that!

I think maybe I'll grow in to being responsible and doing stuff at weekends. But I can't see it happening for a while yet. Saturdays are about going to Subway, eating said subway, playing games for approx 2 hours, having a bit of a read/watch of something and then my missus is home. And sunday is band practice day. I have no time for responsibilities!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Morrisons pizzas > all other supermarket pizzas.

Incorrect.

The asda deli counter make some fucking awesome costume pizza's.

My favourite you ask ?

Thin base
BBQ sauce
Red onion
Peppers
Pepperoni
Spicy Beef.

I like the 24 hour ASDA. As we've discussed in this thread before there really is nothing like a midnight supermarket shop.

Ergh, shouldn't have left all my packing until the day before I move, and with work at half 5 and a weekend of birthday celebrations catching up with me this is a long day.

True hero's always leave EVERYTHING to the last minute. Its a pretty good rush.

Dave put a home gym in your garage.

Why oh why do I hate photos so much? Like, I'm practically scared of them. Not the taking of such and whatever, but the final result- I find it unbearable to look at photos of people, doubly so if I'm in them.

If it's just some random photo online then I'm cool, but anything I see on, say, Facebook... brrrrr. Not a fan, and I don't really understand it.

[/vent]

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Honestly, I find getting up at 7am five days a week means I naturally don't have too much of a lie in on the weekends.

Y'see, I'm the opposite. Getting up at 6.30 every day means that on weekends I'm quite happy not to. I'm a night owl though, on friday I probably won't get to bed till about 3 or 4 (since once the missus goes to bed I'll usually listen to a podcast or watch a couple of tv shows or something), so then a solid 8-10 hours sleep will see me getting up around 11. It sounds worse than it is, since I'm sleeping a 'normal' amount, it's just shifted back a little.

Also, as someone who likes to imbibe stuff on weekends, I know that if I were to get up at 9 I would be insensible by midday :p

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Why oh why do I hate photos so much? Like, I'm practically scared of them. Not the taking of such and whatever, but the final result- I find it unbearable to look at photos of people, doubly so if I'm in them.

If it's just some random photo online then I'm cool, but anything I see on, say, Facebook... brrrrr. Not a fan, and I don't really understand it.

[/vent]

There very unnatural. The human has a memory to remember people and eyes to see them. Naturally its going to be weird seeing a still image of humans.

Its just not meant to be.

Video game photo's are awesome though, Check out my new wheels on the new saints row game. (Good game but fuck the car handling sucks complete balls compared to GTA IV.
saintsrowthethird_dx11_2012_09_03_15_43_43_992.jpg

There very unnatural. The human has a memory to remember people and eyes to see them. Naturally its going to be weird seeing a still image of humans.

That's actually a good answer. Or at least nails down why I think I don't like them.

Anywho I found a decent one from the batch that just went up so I'm happy now *whistles*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What stops someone from lying about the number of their own bags they used at a self checkout machine?

Chinner

Banned

Video game photo's are awesome though, Check out my new wheels on the new saints row game. (Good game but fuck the car handling sucks complete balls compared to GTA IV.
saintsrowthethird_dx11_2012_09_03_15_43_43_992.jpg

nice console resolution

SmokyDave

Woah.

The court heard that Stevenson, who had worked at Sainsbury's for 20 years, created at least 18 accounts using the names of DJs, and added points to them between 2003 and 2004. He started using the points in 2007 and 2008, at first only buying one item at a time.

Woah.

As the late Roy Castle might say, "Dedication's what you need".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom