• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

So it seems that most of my credit card points are expiring at the end of this month and I am gutted :(. I was under the impression they would be lasting me quite a while.

I save/use a lot of points to get free travel and accommodation and these were suppose to pay for a big trip. Looks like I wont be able to take it though. Now I have to use it on electronics or goodies.
Still going to try and take a mini vacation with it, but I only have 5 days left for holiday and I need some for when I got back home to NY.

So I guess what do I buy...

Was thinking an ipod nano, gopro 2 and a macbook air. Then I could sell my iMac and ipod touch to get some extra cash.

That or I could get a really really nice Camera, but I'm never the picture person on holidays. I would use the gopro 2 for diving/hiking but its to costly to do that with an DSLR.

Any other goodies/electronics out that I don't know about?

First world problems...I know....

Mikeside

So it seems that most of my credit card points are expiring at the end of this month and I am gutted :(. I was under the impression they would be lasting me quite a while.

I save/use a lot of points to get free travel and accommodation and these were suppose to pay for a big trip. Looks like I wont be able to take it though. Now I have to use it on electronics or goodies.
Still going to try and take a mini vacation with it, but I only have 5 days left for holiday and I need some for when I got back home to NY.

Was thinking an ipod nano, gopro 2 and a macbook air. Then I could sell my iMac and ipod touch to get some extra cash.

That or I could get a really really nice Camera, but I'm never the picture person on holidays. I would use the gopro 2 for diving/hiking but its to costly to do that with an DSLR.

How much do you have to spend?
Sounds like you have a fair bit... maybe a nice new gaming PC?

Stubo

New headphones, perhaps?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Just finished dismantling the old bee. Awaiting delivery of new one tomorrow. It's a low-set, so perfect for stuff.

Either you've been mugged or you find it cumbersome.

I like to "Fit in" as best as possible when i'm off UK soil.

Walking around with a camera dangling from my firm Scottish neck is just not for me. (I do partake in photographic images.. just when there's no one around of course.)

SmokyDave

The bug's bitten hard. Added one of these to the stable last night:

fsrxc.jpg

Suspect the rear shock on mine needs a service but aside from that it's in stunning condition. Yum.

fsrxc.jpg

Suspect the rear shock on mine needs a service but aside from that it's in stunning condition. Yum.

Nice. So how many do you have at the mo?

Shame you live so far away, the bloke's best mate manages a cycle surgery store. Free servicing, discounted parts.

Where do you normally go riding? You got any good centres by you?

Mikeside

fsrxc.jpg

Are the bikes really different enough to warrant more than one? How much are you using these things?

I'm beginning to see how you quit smoking so easily - you've probably not got enough time for a fucking cigarette!

SmokyDave

Nice. So how many do you have at the mo?

Shame you live so far away, the bloke's best mate manages a cycle surgery store. Free servicing, discounted parts.

Where do you normally go riding? You got any good centres by you?

This one's number 3. I have the P1, a GT hardtail* and now this bad boy.

In a former life I was a cycle mechanic but discounted parts are something I could totally get behind
Only kidding if you're reading this babe!

I live near a country park which is where most riding will be done. The P1 is used for work and quick jots to the shops.

*I'm breaking the GT for parts as it's dripping in M739 XT, Syncros and Kore. Will be bunging the bits on eBay.

Are the bikes really different enough to warrant more than one? How much are you using these things?
Wildly different! My P1 is just a big BMX whereas the new toy is an all-round trail tool. My GT hardtail is for throwing at walls and giggling as it bounces off.

I'm beginning to see how you quit smoking so easily - you've probably not got enough time for a fucking cigarette!
You're not wrong. 2 weeks in and I couldn't give a shit if I never see a cig again!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been telling a colleague to wait for September... and I'm waiting for a refresh myself. Will be my first Mac!

Well they don't know if they want a MacBook or a iMac so there may or may not be a refresh for them.

Just told them to visit an Apple Store to have a hands on look at them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have the Millennium edition lavalamp (well back in 2000 they were briefly back in fashion). It's a white and silver Telstar Rocket. Looks pretty nifty really so I should use it more often.

Looking at their site getting a black bottle may look pretty cool.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Though I do realise now that I have to look after the bottle that came with mine since they don't produce that white wax bottle anymore.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd say we're to blame. They saw the sudden spike in internet hits for him and assumed he was popular with the people.

Zaph

And Laws is back? Didn't he admit to full-on expenses fraud not too long ago? How nice he only had to sit in the naughty corner for a couple years...

Also, don't buy a Macbook. 13 inchers with retina screens are around the corner. Might replace my 11" 2011 MBA so long as they're not too expensive and have decent battery life. Gonna be weird going from 11 -> 13 though, you forgot just how light and portable it is after a couple months.

SteveWD40

I still think Apple are missing a trick with an entry level macbook. Used to be about £699 for the 13" non-pro Aluminium, now the cheapest is the 11" Air at £800+ and that comes with a laughably small 64GB SSD.

I do get the Air being so light / small but some people just want a decent 13" Apple laptop with a normal HD for less than a grand...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well they got rid of the white MacBooks for some reason. Probably because they were constantly catching up with the Pros meaning you were paying £100s more for a aluminium finish and lights on the keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom