• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I still think Apple are missing a trick with an entry level macbook. Used to be about £699 for the 13" non-pro Aluminium, now the cheapest is the 11" Air at £800+ and that comes with a laughably small 64GB SSD.

I do get the Air being so light / small but some people just want a decent 13" Apple laptop with a normal HD for less than a grand...
They're kinda starting to think like that by selling last generation iPads/iPhones as their 'cheap' alternative.

But it's probably just not worth their time wasting precious engineering/manufacturing resources building products with lower margins - they've realised when it comes to a laptop, if someone wants to buy a mac, they'll find that extra £200 somewhere.

The prices are a little better when you use their educational online store (which doesn't require any proof...) or if a friend works for Apple Retail, buy their 1-per-year discount from them.

GJS

Hahaha Jeremy Hunt for health secretary that made me laugh. The NHS might not be laughing though, who knows.

This one's number 3. I have the P1, a GT hardtail* and now this bad boy.

In a former life I was a cycle mechanic but discounted parts are something I could totally get behind
Only kidding if you're reading this babe!

I live near a country park which is where most riding will be done. The P1 is used for work and quick jots to the shops.

*I'm breaking the GT for parts as it's dripping in M739 XT, Syncros and Kore. Will be bunging the bits on eBay.

Wildly different! My P1 is just a big BMX whereas the new toy is an all-round trail tool. My GT hardtail is for throwing at walls and giggling as it bounces off.

You're not wrong. 2 weeks in and I couldn't give a shit if I never see a cig again!

I'm trying to get the bloke to get rid of 2 of his plus his old bmx, which will leave him with 3. I think that's a reasonable number.

Does the park have some nice trails then? Drops, rooty sections, is it all level or any hills? We used to go to Chick Sands a lot, which has some really nice purpose built sections, but not been for a while. I'm lucky I live 5 mins from Epping Forest which has some pretty decent trails. Hopefully we're going to check out the Olympics course when they open it to the public too.

can somebody loan me some money?

How much do you need?

Oh and while I think of it, does anyone happen to have a copy of Star Wars: KOTOR and KOTOR II for Xbox that they're willing to part with?

Mr. Sam

Oh and while I think of it, does anyone happen to have a copy of Star Wars: KOTOR and KOTOR II for Xbox that they're willing to part with?

Not personally, but I can't imagine they go for much these days, and I just found some available on Amazon.

CHEEZMO™;41737233 said:
Does anyone want to start a revolution with me?

Non-pinkos need not apply.

Alright, but we might need more than two of us.

I'm just helping everybody out today.

Mr. Sam

That he's voted against stem cell research is news to me. The only source I can find for that right now is Angela Smith's Twitter account.

SKINNER!

Banned
Jeremy Hunt votes against stem cell research and supports homeopathy.

We're truly fucked.

Db2tv.gif

blahblah...blah said:
Should we stop ironically idolising this guy?

We were idolising him?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

No.

CHEEZMO™;41737233 said:
Does anyone want to start a revolution with me?

Non-pinkos need not apply.

Nyet.

Penis Riot!

Maybe?

Should we stop ironically idolising this guy?

NO!

we're monsters.

OK, yeah...

Mikeside

Because I prefer console gaming to pc gaming.

Anyway J Tourettes has come through and is bringing a copy of Kotor to the next meet up for me. Just need Kotor II now!

I would seriously reconsider Kotor2 on PC due to the amazing mod that's been released which fixes a TON of content and adds in loads of cut content. Chris Avellone (one of the project leads on the game) said he was really happy with the mod and that it was great so I'd definitely consider it.

I'm pretty sure it's not hard to get an xbox controller working on it, if it's not already supported :)

SmokyDave

Because I prefer console gaming to pc gaming.

Anyway J Tourettes has come through and is bringing a copy of Kotor to the next meet up for me. Just need Kotor II now!

He has eyes, but no mouth :(

Edit: him on turn created he monster the saw when felt frankenstein how be must this.

An appalling choice for equalities minister. Seems odd to stick her on Culture too.

Looks like its going to be another fun filled three years of this current government...

Mikeside

So it's my 4th anniversary with my girlfriend next Friday.

So far, I've planned to take us out to dinner on the Friday.
We're going to FINALLY go and have dinner at the place I was going to take her on our first date - except on our first date I picked her up and on the drive to the place she threw up all over my work's car (which I had borrowed so she wouldn't have to see my shit motor straight away - SWAGGER.) so we just went to my place where she cleaned up and we had a pizza.

We're not getting each other presents - just both taking each other somewhere. I'm doing the dinner and then she's taking us away somewhere for a day of something (she won't tell me what)

D'you think I should be doing more? I honestly can't think of anything else, what with us being away for Saturday and most of Sunday doing her thing.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So it's my 4th anniversary with my girlfriend next Friday.

So far, I've planned to take us out to dinner on the Friday.
We're going to FINALLY go and have dinner at the place I was going to take her on our first date - except on our first date I picked her up and on the drive to the place she threw up all over my work's car (which I had borrowed so she wouldn't have to see my shit motor straight away - SWAGGER.) so we just went to my place where she cleaned up and we had a pizza.

We're not getting each other presents - just both taking each other somewhere. I'm doing the dinner and then she's taking us away somewhere for a day of something (she won't tell me what)

D'you think I should be doing more? I honestly can't think of anything else, what with us being away for Saturday and most of Sunday doing her thing.

Nope, that sounds very sweet and romantic. Reap those rewards son!

I too am reaping rewards this week. It's Mrs Sniv's birthday so I gave her £120 to carry on her tattoo (a Tara McPherson design, looks lovely, I'll post pics later), taking her out to a nice restaurant in the week and then to a roller disco on saturday. So many husband points, I don't even know how to spend them... and she's so cute when she's happy! :)

Mr. Sam

Ignorant question, do these ministry re-shuffles happen every year nowadays?

It's been two years since this government has been formed and I don't recall any in that time. Vince Cable had his pull reduced (and made a good number of civil servants move department) after he shot his mouth off to some undercover journalists and David Laws got dropped altogether over an expenses scandal; otherwise it's been a surprisingly stable cabinet as far as I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom