• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Of course, there's also Jean-Pierre Rives, who as a sculptor was a damn fine rugby player

DSC_0222.jpg

Meadows

Banned
Of course, there's also Jean-Pierre Rives, who as a sculptor was a damn fine rugby player

DSC_0222.jpg

see there's two parts to art that are important to me, concept and execution.

In this case the concept is simplistic, but the execution is great, so I don't mind.

Anyone near Liverpool? Trainlines from Wigan and Manchester shut at weekends for electrification....fuuuuu! Still, looking forward to (slightly, as we'll get some old stock probably) better trains and service.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Anyone near Liverpool? Trainlines from Wigan and Manchester shut at weekends for electrification....fuuuuu! Still, looking forward to (slightly, as we'll get some old stock probably) better trains and service.

I do like the lovable Scouse way that you say "trainlines from Wigan and Manchester" rather than "to".

Only kiddin'. Love Liverpool.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
i don't see what's so bad about that

If urban planners/artists/the public have distaste with monuments to the UK's "past glories" then they should petition for them to be removed. Mocking and parodying them just gives a bad image of ourselves to foreign countries.

Or do the Scottish method and put traffic cones on the statues' heads and cigarette butts in their mouths.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
i love the late night obscure film 4 movies

Anyone remember Channel 4's late-night output from around ten years ago? (1998-2000) Pure stoner TV. I remember one weekend they focused purely on animation, even having some hentai on at some point. For the 14-15 year old industrian, that was quite an eye opener.

I miss Vids.

daviyoung

Banned
Anyone remember Channel 4's late-night output from around ten years ago? (1998-2000) Pure stoner TV. I remember one weekend they focused purely on animation, even having some hentai on at some point. For the 14-15 year old industrian, that was quite an eye opener.

I miss Vids.

I remember them re-running Monkey every night at about 2am, followed by the weirdest sketch show ever called Dare To Believe. They'd show The PJs too, it was a great time of day for TV.

Xun

I agree with Meadows. His posts are well thought out and his argument is logically sound. We all know the language we speak, English, and those who abuse it either lack education or simple intelligence.

I digress, I went to the nearest fast food franchise, Burger King, and was disappointed by the high prices.

max payne is on film4 tonight i'm really excited.
This is so strange, and yet, intriguing.

Nevasleep

Anybody remember the C4 show Banzai? Probably about 2004/5ish When they used to show Black Books too.
71039_48059684620_4936179_n.jpg
banzai1.gif

Need to find some YouTube vids.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Anybody remember the C4 show Banzai? Probably about 2004/5ish When they used to show Black Books too.
banzai1.gif

Still see it occasionally if we go to a mate's after the pub or something. Great fun to watch when you're drunk, really I think that's what It was made for.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If urban planners/artists/the public have distaste with monuments to the UK's "past glories" then they should petition for them to be removed. Mocking and parodying them just gives a bad image of ourselves to foreign countries.

Or do the Scottish method and put traffic cones on the statues' heads and cigarette butts in their mouths.

so you think that we should censor the bits of our national history we're not comfortable with, instead of confronting it?

Suairyu

Banned
so how do we feel about pixar's brave having characters that actually sound scottish? personally i think its a bad thing because if everyone realises they're not comical oafs then they might be able to pressure us into letting them have more tax money.

so how do we feel about pixar's brave having characters that actually sound scottish? personally i think its a bad thing because if everyone realises they're not comical oafs then they might be able to pressure us into letting them have more tax money.

Oh fucking hell they're letting the Scotch have a movie of their own where they're not routinely pilloried, lampooned and/or subjugated? Will protest.

Suairyu

Banned
it seems to be 'ghibli season' every two months on film4 and i always only realise by coming in halfway through porco rosso and its the last film in the season.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm working out right now on British soil.

Feels fucking good guys being at the top of the world.

Meadows

Banned
it seems to be 'ghibli season' every two months on film4 and i always only realise by coming in halfway through porco rosso and its the last film in the season.

ooo Porco Rosso is a cracker.

Castle in the Sky is set in a fictional version of Wales though, I found that really interesting.

the only anime I like is Ghibli

Is it ok if I think the cherub on a rocking horse just looks shit without having to defend my opinion via forced artistic / social / historical commentary?

What's the UK gaf consensus on cats and the whole indoor/outdoor thing? I've always let them outside and so has everybody I know. Is it a yank thing to consider it cruel to let them out?

Kentpaul

This weather is getting me excited for summer, can't fucking wait.

Yeah thats me just made a camping group on facebook for me and my friends to get hyped.

whats the most amount of pills have you dropped at once bro.

I get paranoid about dropping pills so i usually half them and take them at different times. I have no problem snorting line after line of cocaine though.

keep on snorting till the entire back of my face/jaw area is numb.

Off all that shit now bro, my girlfriend nearly huckled my ass into the streets

Kentpaul

you're clean? i don't know how to feel about life anymore.

i was stoned last night, i still smoke weed.

But yeah drugs meh, i didn't want the feeling to end. 6am rolls in and you start to feel the wind touch your face again and you know its wearing off.

also guys TRY BENZO FURY, shit is LEGAL and CHEAP (tenner a pill)

you will be going for 5,6 hours of pure energy and love.

banzai1.gif

Brilliant show think it was even earlier than that though,hilarious bets to make and you used to be able to play along with the remote control (don't see that any more on tv shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom