• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

Since we're having rants on people, who else dislikes Lee Mack?

lee-mack.jpg

He's in everything nowadays and he's fucking irritating.

Suairyu

Banned
What annoys me the most about Corden is that he made Gavin and Stacey, so I forever have to have a certain amount of grudging respect for him. And that just makes me hate him even more.

Qasiel

Corden is a complete wanker.

The only thing I've managed to sit through with him in it was Teachers, and that was years ago. Now he's grown up to be some loud-mouthed thuggish twat.

No-one attempts to mock Picard. No-one.

Qasiel

Yeah, he was the little nerd in the class who got Andrew Lincoln some Lynx as a going away or Xmas present if I remember correctly.

defel

Can I just say that the new BT infinity adverts are really depressing and pissing me off. You know, the one where stereotypical nerd-geek starts hitting on his attractive roommate by impressing her with his flat's fast internet connection?
Add him to the TEN BIGGEST COCKS IN ADVERTISING

Qasiel

Eh, in fairness it was retaliation. Stewart was being quite the prick that night too.

As someone previously mentioned, Corden could have done a better job with his comebacks. I'd have had more respect for him (not much, but a little).

Besides, Patrick Stewart has reached that stage in his life/career where he can do pretty much what he wants, like Christopher Lee does. I would have loved it if Stewart tore Corden a new one.

Number45

It is my duty to point out that James Corden is not a complete cunt. He supports the mighty West Ham United FC, and therefore true cuntiness is forever beyond him. I will admit he does occasionally come across as a bit of a twat, but that's as far as I'll go.

Plus he was good in Dr Who.

+1 for the WHU love. Not a fan of Cordon, but wouldn't put him in the cunt category personally, I just don't find him all that funny.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Anyone else think there's been a rise of smaller gaming shops to GAME's expense?

I mean obviously there's supermarkets/Amazon, but I can't help but feel like I'm seeing more independent game shops than 5 or 6 years ago.

According to a friend who manages my local Gamestation, it's going to be closed later this year. It's the only dedicated gaming store in the entire region (the last time I was there) and it leaves Tesco, Asda, Morrisons being the only large-scale

Opening my own game/tech store (with a sizeable online presence to push profits) would be something I would greatly consider if/when I return home. But my unwillingness to put up with idiotic high school kids is greatly limited so I'd probably consider opening it in Edinburgh instead.

Lirlond

According to a friend who manages my local Gamestation, it's going to be closed later this year. It's the only dedicated gaming store in the entire region (the last time I was there) and it leaves Tesco, Asda, Morrisons being the only large-scale

Opening my own game/tech store (with a sizeable online presence to push profits) would be something I would greatly consider if/when I return home. But my unwillingness to put up with idiotic high school kids is greatly limited so I'd probably consider opening it in Edinburgh instead.

Can't deal with teenagers, will instead opt to deal with tourists and edinburgh students?

SteveWD40

As someone previously mentioned, Corden could have done a better job with his comebacks. I'd have had more respect for him (not much, but a little).

Besides, Patrick Stewart has reached that stage in his life/career where he can do pretty much what he wants, like Christopher Lee does. I would have loved it if Stewart tore Corden a new one.

Exactly, Picard was being a douche as well but if you can't run mental rings around an actor when you are supposed to be one of Britians "best comedians" then you are fucked frankly, imagine him with a heckler, he would just square up to them and try and look scary.

industrian

Can't deal with teenagers, will instead opt to deal with tourists and edinburgh students?

A country mile better than dealing with the fuckheads in the Borders.

Message to Evilore: When I decide to run for office to become a MP in 10-20 years, please delete this post.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I don't really find him funny, but then again I'm not "one of da lads" so that kind of humour doesn't really appeal to me. But I don't bother reading anything about him so I haven't really formed an opinion on him. I'm just indifferent.

Also does anyone know of a good place for a burger and chips between Victoria and Piccadilly? Meeting a friend in London who has just return from S.Korea and he fancies one apparently. Otherwise I'll just find the nearest Wethersppons.

Message to Evilore: When I decide to run for office to become a MP in 10-20 years, please delete this post.
If I were to ever run as an MP I wouldn't care what the media would find from these forum posting days. What's the worst they can say; I'm not fit to deal with education issues because I watched XYZ anime and played XYZ game in the year 2012?

Virgin mobile/phone/broadband users

I want to buy some Eurogamer Expo tickets. Virgin users get 50% off. To apply for those tickets I need to have a Virgin account number and password or a virgin mobile number. Can anyone PM me either of those please?

Since we're having rants on people, who else dislikes Lee Mack?

lee-mack.jpg

He's in everything nowadays and he's fucking irritating.

I'll admit that the tv show he does with that other one liner guy is utter, utter shit. But his stand up gigs are on another level.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Virgin mobile/phone/broadband users

I want to buy some Eurogamer Expo tickets. Virgin users get 50% off. To apply for those tickets I need to have a Virgin account number and password or a virgin mobile number. Can anyone PM me either of those please?

Really? Thanks for the heads up.

I highly doubt you're going to get someone's password given to you.

Suairyu

Banned
If I were to ever run as an MP I wouldn't care what the media would find from these forum posting days. What's the worst they can say; I'm not fit to deal with education issues because I watched XYZ anime and played XYZ game in the year 2012?
They actually would use this to tear you down. There was that one guy who had a bit of a scandal because he'd tried pot that one time when he was really young.

Doesn't matter how irrelevant it is to your work; if they can find an angle they'll spin it.

I mean, why else are politicians sex lives so public?

Chinner

Banned
They actually would use this to tear you down. There was that one guy who had a bit of a scandal because he'd tried pot that one time when he was really young.

Doesn't matter how irrelevant it is to your work; if they can find an angle they'll spin it.

you mean my ironic posting will stop me now from becoming the pm???

industrian

Fuck I knew it wasn't Korea. Feel like an ass now >_>

I'll be in Thailand and Hong Kong soon for extended periods, but I'll still live in Taiwan. I'm looking to start up a business over here in the next 8-12 months.

It's hard to think that three years ago I was gathering the documents needed to work in Korea. Even harder to think that I only wanted to spend one year out here to get enough money to study a MSc Games Development course at Abertay.

And every now and then I receive a Scottish Famine Relief Aid Package from friends and family back home. I got some Breakaways and Tunnocks Tea Cakes last month. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well I guess I don't have to be concerned then. I've never taken drugs and don't have a sex life to worry about. I guess it's a step up from dealing with an internet troll since they will at least cite a source and know when to give up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I run a finishing school for young hooligans that you can enroll him in but I don't want you getting pissy if he gets drunk here 'n' there. It's character building.

s'alright, he doesn't like beer. My 7-year-old daughter does though*

*was alcohol free, didn't bank on her getting a taste for it though, supposed to put them off. Doh.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Gavin and Stacey is awesome. Corden is awesome in it.

This is probably because the character he's playing is a twat.

Bo-Locks

Why not just go all out and move that steel monstrosity next to the Olympic Stadium to Trafalgar Square?

6268829017_f133278d31_z.jpg

It's as if with all the shit sculptures, logos etc the UK is just trying to prove how avant-garde and edgy we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom