• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the time I feel like I moan about the OT section of GAF, but this thread here has redeemed it completely. Outstanding stories, and anybody who used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing at school will enjoy one in particular :)

EDIT: So, Xun doesn't actually look like Cera, it was just that one photo. Also, detective skills suggest Musha is a blue WKD girl. Tut tut.

Mikeside

Looks like a good time - does anybody want to do anything vaguely organised for Eurogamer meetup like lunch or are we just going ot meet up and say hello?

SKINNER!

Banned
Can we have the gaffers identified? I wanna be able to put names to the faces :D

Shamelessly stolen from Lirlond's post in the meetup thread.

696ZX.jpeg

Bgbw, musha, shorty, golden gunman, me, Darren (cant remember his gaf name...), 7aged , j tourettes, lucius87, meteorain, Steven (again...), eggybob, xun.

Manchester top UK piracy city.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19599526

Lol, Manchester students, I presume. Not that I care either way about piracy.

I reckon my old flat mate is solely responsible for Manchester being top of the leader board. Dude downloaded so much I got a letter from Virgin threatening to cut us off as we were in the top 1% of all downloaders.

I can't seem to get the postcode search thing to work.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Nowt wrong with Ed Sheeran. Sometimes I put my slippers on and have a nice David Gray/James Blunt/Lighthouse Family/Ed Sheeran Sunday... NO NO WHAT AM I SAYING???

YddFE.jpg
The wife's gonna kill me!

Mikeside

Nowt wrong with Ed Sheeran. Sometimes I put my slippers on and have a nice David Gray/James Blunt/Lighthouse Family/Ed Sheeran Sunday... NO NO WHAT AM I SAYING???

YddFE.jpg
The wife's gonna kill me!

David Gray doesn't deserve to belong in the "guilty pleasures" category - he's straight up fucking awesome

L1NETT

Looks like a good time - does anybody want to do anything vaguely organised for Eurogamer meetup like lunch or are we just going ot meet up and say hello?

Err what days are you going? There are a few Halogaffers going, so we could meet somewhere to say hi :)

Wish I could have gone Thursday and Friday :/

Mikeside

Ugh, I managed to VPN unlock Borderlands 2 this morning but didn't have time to play a little before work.

Now I'm 6 mintutes into the working day... this is going to be long.

At least I can read some 'I Kill Giants' at lunch

SmokyDave

I'm gonna need one of you guys to bail me out. The missus just won't learn to put the cap back on the toothpaste and I've decided to murder her rather than keep asking. Assuming I win the inevitable epic fight, I'll post which station to bail me out from.

Mikeside

I'm gonna need one of you guys to bail me out. The missus just won't learn to put the cap back on the toothpaste and I've decided to murder her rather than keep asking. Assuming I win the inevitable epic fight, I'll post which station to bail me out from.

Seperate toothpastes, my man.
Seperate toothpastes.

SmokyDave

Seperate toothpastes, my man.
Seperate toothpastes.

Y'know, that might be the order of the day. That, or buying a new tube every time I find the cap left open. Or murder.

4 weeks as a non-smoker today. Woo-hoo!

Any smokers on the fence should knock it on the head, I reckon. It's easier than it seems.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Y'know, that might be the order of the day. That, or buying a new tube every time I find the cap left open. Or murder.

Any smokers on the fence should knock it on the head, I reckon. It's easier than it seems.

Oral-B-Pro-Expert-product-shot.jpg

Best toothpaste because it has like sandy stuff in it that totally scrubs your teeth.

Nice one dave, Now your lungs will be detoxing.. Are you coughing up mucus tar ect ?

Mikeside

"I quit smoking and I feel fine... YOU LEFT THE FUCKING CAP OFF OF THE TOOTHPASTE AGAIN, I'M GOING TO STRAIGHT UP FUCKING MURDER YOU BITCH!!!!!.....yeah, feelin' good, guys."

:p

SmokyDave

Nice one dave, Now your lungs will be detoxing.. Are you coughing up mucus tar ect ?

Nah, don't seem to be. Mind you, I didn't cough when I was smoking. I'm worried that's a bad sign.

Once I get through all the awesome Colgate I bought during the jubilee (vintage packaging FTW), I'll try that Oral B.

"I quit smoking and I feel fine... YOU LEFT THE FUCKING CAP OFF OF THE TOOTHPASTE AGAIN, I'M GOING TO STRAIGHT UP FUCKING MURDER YOU BITCH!!!!!.....yeah, feelin' good, guys."

:p
Dude, read this post. I was a smoker then.

I'm generally laid back but some things push my buttons something fierce.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oral-B-Pro-Expert-product-shot.jpg

Best toothpaste because it has like sandy stuff in it that totally scrubs your teeth.

My mum got a free mini tube of this from the dentist, it tasted awesome.

Didn't have it at the tesco by me though, ended up buying this really medicinal tasting aquafresh.

f0rk

Urghhh got a cold. I was going to start my placement essay for uni today but I guess I'll just today but I guess I'll just play GW2 instead. Slipped back into the student life too easily tbh

Yeeeeeaaaah, my money's on Mrs Smoky.

Question: do you leave the toilet seat up?

Kentpaul

Hitting TGI fridays this friday for my birthday. Hope the burger is worth my time and effort to go into Glasgow to taste it.

Kentpaul

I went to TGIF once. Basically McDoanld's with waiters and high prices is how I remember it.

Like an artificial feel inside ? I get that vibe from frankie & bennys, and the bars right before Edinburgh castle.

I'm a non drinker so i hope they have some decent alcohol free cocktails.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
These toothpaste shenanigans brings up the subject of:

Are you a "squeeze the middle" or "roll from bottom" person when it comes to toothpaste?

Question: do you leave the toilet seat up?

Due to my laziness my girlfriend has another complaint entirely: that I don't lift the toilet seat up at all.

Fair enough - I think the first time I noticed you posting was in the London Riots thread. Everyone was pretty riled up in there :D

I want to see SmokyDave's posts in the London Riot thread (I barely posted on GAF at that point). I suspect we might have had similar views towards those who decided to riot, except he'd have been a lot more vocal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom