• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubo

To be fair I think its like £3 for unlimited coke (cola, lol) in there vs £5-6 per cocktail. They are tasty though.

Usually I just have coke or sprite with meals. Apart from when I get lured into McDonald's, milkshakes all the way.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I thought the English government would lose control of the country. I also thought the riot would move to Scotland then i remembered our youths have respect for the country they call home.

SmokyDave

Yeeeeeaaaah, my money's on Mrs Smoky.
Mine too :(

Question: do you leave the toilet seat up?
Hell no, I grew up with 3 sisters!

I want to see SmokyDave's posts in the London Riot thread (I barely posted on GAF at that point). I suspect we might have had similar views towards those who decided to riot, except he'd have been a lot more vocal :D
I may have called for an execution or two.

Wes

venison crêpe
"A female police officer has died and her colleague critically injured after the arrest of a man wanted in connection with fatal gun and grenade attacks, Greater Manchester police said."

Kentpaul

Cinema ninjas' to silence naughty film-goers

cinema-goers have often wished for a more effective deterrent against those annoying people who talk or answer their phone during a film.

Now staff at London's Prince Charles cinema - perhaps most famous for hosting occasional singalong screenings of films like The Sound of Music - have come up with the idea of employing "ninjas" to stamp out audience members' bad behaviour during regular screenings.

Volunteer Catherine Small is one of the team of unpaid ninjas who dress up in anonymous black body suits and monitor screenings at the cinema

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19622445

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm nearly 22, Can't be drinking to the point of extreme drunkenness every weekend know can i? I wouldn't live very long doing that..

Basic common sense son.

No way you're barely a year older than me. For some reason I always assumed you'd be older.

EDIT: Wait, since when the fuck were you a non drinker?

Mikeside

C'mon today... hurry up, I want to play Borderlands 2

I just found out about Amazon Cloud Music being rolled out in the UK

Have signed up - they'll match any tracks I have with 256kb versions on their service. Anything they don't have they'll upload for me to listen to

Awesome sauce-some

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm used to lifting the seat up before pissing by default and I fall into the "squeeze the middle of the toothpaste" crowd.

It's somewhat surprising that Kentpaul actually uses toothpaste. Figured he would brush his teeth the same way Keisha does.

Zaph

"A female police officer has died and her colleague critically injured after the arrest of a man wanted in connection with fatal gun and grenade attacks, Greater Manchester police said."
Fucking grenade attacks in England? WTF?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just grab toothpaste in my manly fist and then squeeze. Whatever happens happens.

I almst wrote 'manly fish' which is a bit disturbing.

Mikeside

I just grab toothpaste in my manly fist and then squeeze. Whatever happens happens.

I almst wrote 'manly fish' which is a bit disturbing.

ss1-036.jpg
??

Kentpaul

Get the double glazed ultimate Jack Daniels ribs, everything else is average. + A bottle of Sierra Nevada to drink.

I only order burgers when i eat out.

Kentpaul, what were you like at school?

Mediocre grades

What were you like Blah ?.. Yeah you should ask a mod to change that name so i can call you something else without feeling like a tool typing it.

Former editor of The Sun Kelvin MacKenzie (the man behind the Gotcha and Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster headlines) gets doorstepped by Channel 4 News over Hillsborough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=1R4oiBxXfNE

Is it bad that I feel like the C4 journalist is as big a Jeremy in this video as the other guy?

Mediocre grades

What were you like Blah ?.. Yeah you should ask a mod to change that name so i can call you something else without feeling like a tool typing it.

Pretty similar to you. Sorry if the question sounded odd, I just like the idea of a mini-Kentpaul!

Zaph

I dunno, pretty obvious Alex Thomson was just giving him a taste of the doorstep journalism he subjected other people to for decades.

The fucker deserves to be legally harassed as much as possible until the day he dies.

I dunno, pretty obvious Alex Thomson was just giving him a taste of the doorstep journalism he subjected other people to for decades.

The fucker deserves to be legally harassed as much as possible until the day he dies.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware that MacKenzie was known for doorstepping (I hadn't even heard the term until tonight!) It's all beginning to make a bit more sense now...

Juicy Bob

Life is so much more rewarding when you actually have work to get up for every day. You can come home and feel no guilt about playing games into the night.

Unfortunately it's only an internship at this stage, so I'm not getting any money for it, but it's a start.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Is it bad that I feel like the C4 journalist is as big a Jeremy in this video as the other guy?

Pretty similar to you. Sorry if the question sounded odd, I just like the idea of a mini-Kentpaul!

Yeah I was kinda seeing it this way, as much as Mackenzie's a total scumbag harassing him at his own house and preventing him from shutting the car door like that (and then to have the nerve to say "don't assault me" when he attempts to shut it). Not the right way of going about it.

Still, we shouldn't stoop to their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom