• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. Orange were offering the S for £36pm, while literally 20 metres away Carphone Warehouse were offering the T on the same deal for £32pm. When I asked the guy in Orange if they had the T in stock, he tried to bluff me into thinking it didn't have a release date yet

Fuck Orange anyway. O2 and Voda keep their phones unlocked, it's full of win when I go abroad as I can just stick a local SIM in and get 1GB worth of prepaid data. Orange and T-Mob are bastards and keep that shit locked down to rape us with roaming charges.

I haven't had a locked phone since I was at college nearly 10 years ago!

Get yourself onto O2 or Vodafone mate, fuck the German and French bastards at Orange/T-Mob.

Fuck Orange anyway. O2 and Voda keep their phones unlocked, it's full of win when I go abroad as I can just stick a local SIM in and get 1GB worth of prepaid data. Orange and T-Mob are bastards and keep that shit locked down to rape us with roaming charges.

I haven't had a locked phone since I was at college nearly 10 years ago!

Get yourself onto O2 or Vodafone mate, fuck the German and French bastards at Orange/T-Mob.

How are 3? I might wait a few months to see if I can get one cheaper on pay as you go, I'd rarely use it for the phone functionality.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My phone is technically an Orange but it took a minute to unlock so I've never been bothered by it. Also replaced there bloated version of Android.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I love Three, been really good for me over the last 3 years.
Probably gonna be switching though, My plan is to get a Lumia (probably 920) next and atm Three aren't doing the Lumias.

Got my dissertation signed off yesterday, getting a PhD superviser tomorrow. I get to use Kinect for my dissertation, score :D

EDIT: PROPAH HONEST BROADBAND FRUM YOWKSHOIRE!

Plusnet are shite, but everything else outta Yorkshire is of top quality ;)

I had the worst time with 3, would never ever go back to them. Been with O2 for an age and never had a problem.

Morning Gaf.

How is everyone today?

SKINNER!

Banned
Morning! I'm good thanks. Had an early night yesterday so I'm all fresh and awake! Boss told me to take the rest of my holidays before the new year so I managed to get most of December off. Not sure if I should at least go somewhere abroad for a week before xmas or just stay indoors and work on some special project.

Oh, also have to head into the city centre today to sort out the restaurant booking for the work's christmas party. Busy times.

Clearly I should've worked hard at school and became a doctor as they seem to have a lot of spare time on their hands.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/doctor-admits-webcam-sex-act-8194230.html

Mikeside

Mooorning.
I feel like shit - haven't really been sleeping, depite going to bed earlier than usual - I just keep waking up thoughout the night which isn't like me at all.
Suz has been feeling even worse as one of the horses (Mr. T) had a heart attack and died on Sunday morning. It wasn't hers, but she did basically everything for it and it was our our boy Wrex's field-mate.

If I can get a decent night of sleep tonight, I'm sure the world will look a lot brighter tomorrow.

Stubo

All this shitting on Borderlands 2... I'm tempted to move to US just to get away from UK GAF, you guys.

Let's pretend you were all talking about Vanquish, OK?

HA!

I concur Vanquish is a fucking terrible game
I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but anyone who thinks vanquish is terrible either hasn't played it, or is incapable of playing it (and is WRONG! :p )

Absolute masterpiece.

Mikeside

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but anyone who thinks vanquish is terrible either hasn't played it, or is incapable of playing it (and is WRONG! :p )

Absolute masterpiece.

I don't actually hate Vanquish, but I definitely didn't enjoy it. I just can't think of a game that I really hate at the minute :(

...FFXIII, I guess? Again, my main problem with that game is that I don't have time to make a dent in it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
nazi%20arc%20marching.jpg

:(

Mikeside

...take the baitttt....

edit: in other news, I just tried Irn Bru for the first time in years. I never used to like it, but this is rather nice!

Kentpaul

...take the baitttt....

edit: in other news, I just tried Irn Bru for the first time in years. I never used to like it, but this is rather nice!

So good, Go drink a bottle of bucky now then drink the rest of your irn bru tomorrow morning to cure your hangover ;)

Spookie

Absolute masterpiece.

Apparently Japanese games just don't click with me. I caused quite the upset when I said Metal Gear Solid was a pile of steaming dog turd.

I tried Mountain Dew the other day. My advise: Don't try it. Not even once.

Green isn't very nice but code red will prop you up if you are absolutely required to be awake. Did it keep me awake at Eurogamer. Jesus.

Yes it was. Good thing I remembered to pack some water and sandwiches.

I'm suddenly getting a mental image of Moss from the IT crowd. :V

Mikeside

Apparently Japanese games just don't click with me. I caused quite the upset when I said Metal Gear Solid was a pile of steaming dog turd.

What?...

This doesn't make sense AT ALL.
You were so into Metal Gear Rising at Eurogamer, though?
Totally geeking out about being ready for Raiden, loving all the PMCs and mechs and shit?
I thought for sure that you were a big time MGS fan, right?

Shit, I'd better cancel that pre-order I got for your Christmas prezzie.

I love irn bru but hate it as a mixer, Once mixed vodka and diet irn bru together.. never again

Diet Irn Bru sounds like an unholy sin against everything Scotland stands for.

"Cholesterol... it's what Scottish people eat"

Kentpaul

What?...

This doesn't make sense AT ALL.
You were so into Metal Gear Rising at Eurogamer, though?
Totally geeking out about being ready for Raiden, loving all the PMCs and mechs and shit?
I thought for sure that you were a big time MGS fan, right?

Shit, I'd better cancel that pre-order I got for your Christmas prezzie.

Diet Irn Bru sounds like an unholy sin against everything Scotland stands for.

"Cholesterol... it's what Scottish people eat"

Deep fried Cholesterol in batter son!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I love irn bru but hate it as a mixer, Once mixed vodka and diet irn bru together.. never again

It works well with my gaylord spirits - Sailor Jerry's (enhances and rounds off the rum flavour) and amaretto (the warmth of the almond flavour is yummy).

I'm not nearly hard enough for vodka, it makes me retch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom