• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
politics is fucking boring its not like anything we say or do will change the political landscape. lets just talk about pussy instead.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
politics is fucking boring its not like anything we say or do will change the political landscape. lets just talk about pussy instead.

This is probably satire since you are a sarky duck, but there is more truth in this single line than in all the archives of Hansard.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Button10.jpg

We've been to Button Moon, and followed Mr. Spoon.

SmokyDave

I reckon you lot need to get back into UK PoliGAF, it's been a graveyard since I made this thread

I'm going through an 'utterly apathetic about politics' stage. I want to care, I try to care, but ultimately it's just bollocks. The same team wearing two different colours and pretending to compete.

Meadows

Banned
I'm going through an 'utterly apathetic about politics' stage. I want to care, I try to care, but ultimately it's just bollocks. The same team wearing two different colours and pretending to compete.
you shud vote bnp

they want britain for british

bludy muslamic rape gangs

leadbelly

Banned

Yeah. Pretty much how I feel. They need to spice it up a little. Maybe if it was decided in the pit. A fight to the death.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah. Pretty much how I feel. They need to spice it up a little. Maybe if it was decided in the pit. A fight to the death.

it would be more interesting if there was a party that represented the working and underclasses again, rather than everyone fighting to represent the aspirational middle ground.

Politics is a fucking joke. And the funniest thing is people constantly trotting out the ol' "Well if you don't vote you can't have your say" nonsense. Even if you vote you don't have your say. The party gets in and they do whatever the fuck they want for 4 years. There is very very little the public can do to sway the opinions of the political classes. Which in some ways is a blessing, since people are idiots.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Im a sucker for big infrastructure projects but I do think that capital spending powers should be devolved.

As a technocrat I love the idea of engineers getting enough money to go wild on hi-tech shit.

But the cold, heard reality is that I hate it when private contractors get a blank cheque from the government and just milk it completely knowing full well that governments never default.

leadbelly

Banned
it would be more interesting if there was a party that represented the working and underclasses again, rather than everyone fighting to represent the aspirational middle ground.

Politics is a fucking joke. And the funniest thing is people constantly trotting out the ol' "Well if you don't vote you can't have your say" nonsense. Even if you vote you don't have your say. The party gets in and they do whatever the fuck they want for 4 years. There is very very little the public can do to sway the opinions of the political classes. Which in some ways is a blessing, since people are idiots.

Not to mention they will lie to manipulate public opinion anyway if they have to. The war on Iraq for instance.

The government doesn't really represent the people they control the people. Instead of listening to public opinion, they try manipulate public opinion to better suit their own agenda.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Suairyu

Banned
I swear video adverts were the worst thing to happen to YouTube. Makes the whole site feel like gametrailers.

I used to waste hours on YouTube, now it's just a chore going there.

Alright UK/ROI-GAF, it's NOSTALGIA TIME! What are the all time great children's tv themes? I was having a discussion about this the other day talking about how kids these days are growing up with all sorts of generic action cartoons about shooting aliens, or odd shows with blobs that don't speak words and how sad it is they're not going to end up with the same golden memories of watching telly what we all do. Ended up looking up loads of old TV show intros on Youtube, stumbled upon this gem.

Off the top of my head, the good ones are:
Thomas the Tank Engine
Fireman Sam
Poddington Peas
Count Duckula
The Racoons

Probably a lot more, I remember things like Button Moon, Trapdoor, The Shoe People and all sorts. Brum. Then later on you had stuff like Jason and the Wheeled Warriors and Bots Master. Good times. Anyone got any more to share?

Loved Fireman Sam. You forgot Postman Pat, though

Fur_Q

T-minus 25 minutes to MasterChef final!

I fookin hate cooking programs even more so now that the missus makes me sit through this shit with John Torode unlocking his jaw to shove his face with shite.

And then you have the Michel Roux cunt with his "I'm gonna kill you eyes" staring like an owl over these shitty dishes "I made a quail balancing on a pea on a bed of shredded octopus with a jeux of barmcake and butternut squash" WAT

Fuck off Cooking Programs I hate you, Rachel Allen, Slobbering Oliver, Heston Fuckingtroll (I've made a football made of ice cream that I kick into your face.) FUCK OFF
Robbing cunt Thompson "A pinch of this, A pinch of that."

Oh whats that your bathing a turkey in the bath - fuck off show us your tits.

I fookin hate cooking programs even more so now that the missus makes me sit through this shit with John Torode unlocking his jaw to shove his face with shite.

And then you have the Michel Roux cunt with his "I'm gonna kill you eyes" staring like an owl over these shitty dishes "I made a quail balancing on a pea on a bed of shredded octopus with a jeux of barmcake and butternut squash" WAT

Fuck off Cooking Programs I hate you, Rachel Allen, Slobbering Oliver, Heston Fuckingtroll (I've made a football made of ice cream that I kick into your face.) FUCK OFF

KuGsj.gif
brilliant post.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Medi3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom