• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave my appraisal form back to my manager today as I had to write up my little bit. Basically trying to talk them into making me redundant (but not sure how successful I'll be) by pointing out the gaps in my skills compared to where they see the role going. The firm could do with losing a few people, fingers fucking crossed.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I've been put forward for work experience too, eight weeks at Npower. I'd take it but my rent is expiring very soon after and I'll have to hunt for a bedsit. Hate this situation... Hopefully they'll make me permanent if they take me.

If you guys need jobs come down to London, its still a tough market, but a lot easier than the north. I know some of you hate us capital-dwellers on principle, but a jobs a job. ;)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
If you guys need jobs come down to London, its still a tough market, but a lot easier than the north. I know some of you hate us capital-dwellers on principle, but a jobs a job. ;)

I can't afford accommodation in London. Even getting to job interviews there is unaffordable.

cheezmo said:
Also a training spot at BAE in Doncaster, but probably wont put too much thought into that. Seems out of my league.

Go for it, cheez!

Xun

PgVWg.png

London-GAF Meetup Thread: Sat, 24th March 2012

Just a reminder that the London-GAF meetup is just over a week to go!

It'll be a blast.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
3 all the way motherfuckers! People always shit/shat on them but I never got it, it always seemed to be people not on 3 just assuming they were wank but as far as I'm concerned they have the best tariffs and fantastic service.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
3 all the way motherfuckers! People always shit/shat on them but I never got it, it always seemed to be people not on 3 just assuming they were wank but as far as I'm concerned they have the best tariffs and fantastic service.

I've been wasting money on a 3 tariff that barely works. Calls drop and I have constant dns errors between mid day and mid night. All this because 3 have been carrying out mast upgrades that they never warned me about.

If they push back the work completion date again, what are my rights relating to ending my contract? Surrendering my phone is no problem and I'm tired of filling out online job applications at 2am.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

Out side of Belfast everybody is pretty shit in NI, giffgaff won me over with the great prices.

kharma45

O2 never let me down.

Leave Belfast and see what it's like lol terrible mobile internet coverage

3 is pretty good now, I've been tempted by them before on their rolling 1 month deals but I'd probably exceed their texting limit, if not their data one.

Must check to see my recent usage figures.

3G coverage is piss poor in my area. giffgaff use the O2 network though, so you'll get the same coverage.
What's giffgaff?

3 is pretty good now, I've been tempted by them before on their rolling 1 month deals but I'd probably exceed their texting limit, if not their data one.

I've been around and they've honestly never been bad for me. My dad is all over the place everyday and thinks O2 are great. Everybody I know uses them so its handy that way since it costs me hardly anything since nearly all my calls and texts are free. As for texting limit, I use WhatsApp, can be a bit temperamental but pretty handy and good for groups, I use it to arrange football and the llike.

Edit: as for Radio 1 DJ's. I rarely listen to the radio, but nearly every one of them is bad. Jo Whiley got on my tits and I really can't stand Scott Mills.

kharma45

What's giffgaff?

I've been around and they've honestly never been bad for me. My dad is all over the place everyday and thinks O2 are great. Everybody I know uses them so its handy that way since it costs me hardly anything since nearly all my calls and texts are free. As for texting limit, I use WhatsApp, can be a bit temperamental but pretty handy and good for groups, I use it to arrange football and the llike.

Edit: as for Radio 1 DJ's. I rarely listen to the radio, but nearly every one of them is bad. Jo Whiley got on my tits and I really can't stand Scott Mills.

Giffgaff is a web-based operator that O2 created

http://giffgaff.com/

£10 gets you 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Pretty much impossible to beat. I've got a good few people to ditch O2 and come on over, sooner people stop using O2 unlimited the better :p everyone just sounds like a cheapskate when they refuse to text you as it'll cost them, it's a terribly outdated tariff.

Biggest problem I have with O2 (and thus Giffgaff) is their mobile internet, outside a major town there is zero 3G coverage yet Vodafone, 3 et al can do it.
PS if you think about joining Giffgaff I can refer you ;)

Giffgaff is a web-based operator that O2 created

http://giffgaff.com/

£10 gets you 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Pretty much impossible to beat. I've got a good few people to ditch O2 and come on over, sooner people stop using O2 unlimited the better :p everyone just sounds like a cheapskate when they refuse to text you as it'll cost them, it's a terribly outdated tariff.

Biggest problem I have with O2 (and thus Giffgaff) is their mobile internet, outside a major town there is zero 3G coverage yet Vodafone, 3 et al can do it.
PS if you think about joining Giffgaff I can refer you ;)
£10 a month? Where do I sign? Also, is unlimited actually unlimited? because it would be useful when I'm in college, the wifi sucks ass and sometimes I have to use my phone as a hotspot.

Edit: which eats in to my 500MB

Yen

O2 is fine in very rural Tyrone.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Meanwhile, the Archbishop of Canterbury has resigned (well, from next December).

Paddypower has odds up on the favoured contenders, but you might do well with an outside punt on the current Bishop of St Asaph, should be able to get 100/1 upwards on him. Guy's a smooth operator - I went to school with him.

kharma45

£10 a month? Where do I sign? Also, is unlimited actually unlimited? because it would be useful when I'm in college, the wifi sucks ass and sometimes I have to use my phone as a hotspot.

Edit: which eats in to my 500MB

Yeah it's actually unlimited. They do state no tethering but most people (like myself) do it anyway. As long as you don't abuse the shit out of it they won't get on to you as the unlimited is only supposed to be for whatever you're doing on your phone.

What they say in their FAQ is:

"Is unlimited really unlimited?
The answer is yes, we are unlimited for personal mobile use - but not for commercial and automated use."

O2 is fine in very rural Tyrone.

I'll be there on Monday so I'll have to see what it's like then!

Yeah it's actually unlimited. They do state no tethering but most people (like myself) do it anyway. As long as you don't abuse the shit out of it they won't get on to you as the unlimited is only supposed to be for whatever you're doing on your phone.

What they say in their FAQ is:

"Is unlimited really unlimited?
The answer is yes, we are unlimited for personal mobile use - but not for commercial and automated use."

I'll be there on Monday so I'll have to see what it's like then!
I think I'll take you up on your referral, but I'll wait 'til I get money. I'm so skint at the minute (£1.75 in the bank). Eagerly awaiting my next student grant. Oh these times of austerity.

kharma45

I think I'll take you up on your referral, but I'll wait 'til I get money. I'm so skint at the minute (£1.75 in the bank). Eagerly awaiting my next student grant. Oh these times of austerity.

No problem, if you've any questions give me (or NinjaFridge too I'm sure) a shout about it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
In a line dancing pub chillin like a cowboy. Almost ready to report to the drunk thread

kharma45

If you're in Omagh and see a really tall guy with thick glasses, yell, "ASSASSIN" at me and I'll know it's you. /football-gaf meme

I will be in Omagh actually, if you see someone looking miserable because their girlfriend made them come help collect money for her Habitat for Humanity thing that'll be me.

Exactly!
Kharma is visiting the Ulster-American Folk Park, clearly.

Ulster-American Folk Park > Ulster Folk and Transport Museum.

Went to the Ulster-American Folk Park last summer and rather enjoyed it, might try and go again this year during the Independence Day stuff.

Don't forget the transport museum!

Was there last week actually and I'm never going back, it's not how I remember it from my childhood ie it was shite.

And takes fucking forever to get around.

Not as bad as the outdoor bit of the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, so glad that man who drives the old coach was there to take us around.

Yen

Kharma said:
I will be in Omagh actually, if you see someone looking miserable because their girlfriend made them come help collect money for her Habitat for Humanity thing that'll be me.

Seeing a gaffer in real life would be akin to breaking the fourth wall, I imagine. There are so many collections, I know where you'll be stuck! Costs me a bloody fortune.

kharma45

Even in my childhood it was shit.

Beyond shit now :\

I still have fond(ish) memories of another historical park which I think was in Omagh too but is now closed down, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Seeing a gaffer in real life would be akin to breaking the fourth wall, I imagine. There are so many collections, I know where you'll be stuck! Costs me a bloody fortune.

She said doing it somewhere near where there is traffic as you generally get more money off people in cars apparently. I was hoping it would just be in town and I could dander off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom