• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Ultimate Dog Tease" YouTube video to become a movie. World rejoices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, remember this video?

Like me, did you find yourself cursing the universe because this video was merely a minute or so long, instead of a healthy hour and a half? Did the thought of no more Ultimate Dog Tease drive to alcoholism and violent outbursts? Well, good fuckin' news.
jZwfU.jpg

Story here.

And just when you thought YouTube couldn’t take over the world any further, Variety reports that Paramount is currently in talks with comedy scribes Alec Berg and David Mandel to develop a feature film based off the YouTube hit “Ultimate Dog Tease.”

I know what you’re thinking, because I’m thinking the same thing; Hollywood is having some serious trouble coming up with new source material. On the other hand, “Ultimate Dog Tease” has generated over 93 million views on YouTube, which is nothing to wag your tail at (sorry).

Berg and Mandel have worked together on such movies like Eurotrip, the upcoming Sacha Baron Cohen lead The Dictator, as well as great TV shows like Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm (which just happen to be two of my favorite shows). Although I’m a little skeptical on how project with this thin of source material will pan out, it has definitely caught my interest, to say the least.

Clocking in at just over a minute, “Dog Tease” was produced by Andrew Grantham and hit the web last May. As a fun little side note, it is the second most-viewed YouTube video of 2011, following behind the infamous and ear-wrenching Rebecca Black and her Friday single. The project is being developed under Paramount’s Insurge banner, the same that delivered The Devil Inside this year.

For those not familiar with “Ultimate Dog Tease”, it has a “talking dog” who is being tortured by an ominous voice describing all of the food he’s just eaten from the fridge. Grantham supplied the devilish voice over for both the human and dog, which is a Dutch Shepherd mixed named Clark. If you haven’t watched the video, check it out on YouTube below.

ibwZIMPby7aAOY.gif

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Is it going to be a 1 hour and 43 minute movie about a dog that isn't allowed cupcakes?

Edit: Oh wait! no this is about the dog that wants food, and is teased.

Cupcake dog makes guest appearance? This movie is writing itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom