• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
psn is too broke to invade xbox nation.

good thing about live is that you can play some real good players. i've played so many good players just by hanging out at streams and asking them for a match. almost everybody streaming is playing on xbox.

what? Seph already invaded you guys first =P

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
good thing about live is that you can play some real good players. i've played so many good players just by hanging out at streams and asking them for a match. almost everybody streaming is playing on xbox.

Yeah I would be on 360 too if it had games I gave a shit about. But it doesn't so Im on ps3 only, dont want to buy a 360 just for fighters. Although I really do wish I could play all those good players to level up my game >.< Maybe if I win the lottery or some shit xD

Yeah I would be on 360 too if it had games I gave a shit about. But it doesn't so Im on ps3 only, dont want to buy a 360 just for fighters. Although I really do wish I could play all those good players to level up my game >.< Maybe if I win the lottery or some shit xD

Same... The only people are really play are like Q, Solune, Seph and Apollo. PEOPLE NEED TO ADD ME AND PLAY ME.

Dahbomb

Ok I just woke up to find that Megaman for SF x Tekken has been unveiled.

syQ0A.gif
iKz1HnfKhN4.jpg

ONO YOU WONDERFUL TROLL YOU!!!!

The return of box art MM. HAHA OH WOW!!!

after that performance, lol.

You bet I was salty. The thing is, I play Q so much that I pretty much know how the match will play out. And it's ONLY just him. I play Ranked for a little bit (maybe about 30-40 mins a day?), but the people are either so terribad or just random mashing that I don't really learn a lot. Solune dodges me all the time, Apollo is always playing something else and Seph is almost never on.

JeTmAn81

You bet I was salty. The thing is, I play Q so much that I pretty much know how the match will play out. And it's ONLY just him. I play Ranked for a little bit (maybe about 30-40 mins a day?), but the people are either so terribad or just random mashing that I don't really learn a lot. Solune dodges me all the time, Apollo is always playing something else and Seph is almost never on.

What level of people do you end up playing on ranked? The Cosmic Lords and such out there have to be pretty good.

What level of people do you end up playing on ranked? The Cosmic Lords and such out there have to be pretty good.

Around 6th-8th? I haven't really hit Ranked until about a week ago or so when I solidified my team. I'm hoping it gets better but the matches are getting harder to find as well.

edit: even though I was salty, I still had hella fun. A lot of times, I KNEW I should've passed my turn to Q or Beef, but NAW! I WANTED TO PLAY! Also, GGs to everyone yesterday. We're gonna have to have a salty runback. 1 v 3. COME AT ME BRO!

JeTmAn81

Around 6th-8th? I haven't really hit Ranked until about a week ago or so when I solidified my team. I'm hoping it gets better but the matches are getting harder to find as well.

edit: even though I was salty, I still had hella fun. A lot of times, I KNEW I should've passed my turn to Q or Beef, but NAW! I WANTED TO PLAY! Also, GGs to everyone yesterday. We're gonna have to have a salty runback. 1 v 3. COME AT ME BRO!

If you want to get to the better opponents, you probably need to play on ranked a bit more since it tends to match you up against people who are pretty close in rank to you. If you go on streaks you can rank up pretty quickly. I have been doing Quick Match, although that usually doesn't match me up with anyone who's very highly ranked (3rd Lord+). But I'm sure PSN has its killers just like it did in Vanilla.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Japans most wanted UMvC3 DLC Characters via Eventhubs.

Capcom

1. Date Masamune
2. Megaman EXE
3. X
4. Batsu Ichimonji
5. Bass EXE
6. Tessa
7. Gene
8. Harp Note
9. Sanada Yukimura
10. Sieg (Chaos Legion)

11. Kirin Armor (Female)
12. Saki Omokane
13. Leon S Kennedy
14. Akira Kazama
15. Tsuruhime
16. Ingrid
17. Jin Saotome
18. Strider Hien
19. Grey (MMZXA)
20. Jedah Dohma

21. Kyosuke Kagami
22. Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)
23. Chuck Greene
24. Devilot
25. Regina
26. Nina (BOF2)
27. Albert W Wily (Megaman)
28. Mobile Suit Alpha (Side Arm)

Marvel

1. Venom (Eddie Brock)
2. Ms.Marvel
3. Green Goblin
4. Hisako Ichiki (Armor)
5. Gambit
6. Psylocke
7. Songbird
8. Nico Minoru
9. Black Cat
10. Rogue

11. Lizard
12. Chase Stein
13. Carnage
14. Cloak & Dagger
15. Hope Summers
16. Mysterio
17. Thanos
18. Emma Frost
19. Red Skull
20. War Machine

21. Moon Knight
22. Darkhawk
23. Blade
24. Cable
25. Molly Hayes
26. Mockingbird
27. Beetle
28. Ultron

Fuck yeah. Japan knows who the real best Megaman is.

That list is pretty old. Eventhubs must've been really desperate for news.

Yep, just checked. The poll results were revealed back in August. "Recent" poll my ass. -_-

If you want to get to the better opponents, you probably need to play on ranked a bit more since it tends to match you up against people who are pretty close in rank to you. If you go on streaks you can rank up pretty quickly. I have been doing Quick Match, although that usually doesn't match me up with anyone who's very highly ranked (3rd Lord+). But I'm sure PSN has its killers just like it did in Vanilla.

Yeah you're probably right, so I guess I should grind myself up.

Azure J

Didn't get a chance to comment much, but last night's Live vs. FraySN was great. Wish if my PC didn't fuck up right at the final 3 or so matches, but I had fun stream monstering. :D

Fuck yeah. Japan knows who the real best Megaman is.

Overall, with like one choice absence (Y u no Donovan Japan), I think Japan has one of the better conglomerated list of character desires. X, Tessa, Gene, Batsu, & Bass.EXE are all that high up on the Capcom side? Jedah's making top 20? Nina from the one BoF everyone mentions for her incarnation got into a notable spot on the list? Amazing. X being right under EXE though kinda shocked me, I took it as a foregone conclusion that Japan was EXE land, but my boy is right there next to him. (Bass.EXE is still better for an EXE rep though. :p)

Their Marvel side stuff isn't too shabby either. How the hell does Japan know what's up picking Ms. Marvel & Spidey villains to top the lists with? :lol

@Anki: We sure this isn't just their translation that just got put up recently?

Edit: Wait, Date Masamune is "PUT YA GUNS ON!" dude? Oh God, he is so Mahvel. :lol

Dahbomb

Sieg is a godly pick. Dude has an immense toolset to work with in this game. He has potential to be beyond son of Sparda broken. Thanatos legion FTW!

Gene is way too low... he should be #1. The rest is alright, needs more male Darkstalker characters. I have always wanted Data Masamune as the premier Sengoku Basara character but that team doesn't want any characters from the series in so that's not going to happen.

Who the hell is Harp Note?

And it's quite obvious Japanese want more female Marvel characters already. All females in top 10 aside from Venom, Green Goblin and Gambit.

In other news my PS3 is busted it appears. I just tried to turn it on today and it's not working. I am trying to diagnose the problem hopefully it's fixable. Until then I am MARVEL-less. Going to be playing some other games instead like Batman Arkham City on the PC.

Didn't get a chance to comment much, but last night's Live vs. FraySN was great. Wish if my PC didn't fuck up right at the final 3 or so matches, but I had fun stream monstering. :D

Overall, with like one choice absence (Y u no Donovan Japan), I think Japan has one of the better conglomerated list of character desires. X, Tessa, Gene, Batsu, & Bass.EXE are all that high up on the Capcom side? Jedah's making top 20? Nina from the one BoF everyone mentions for her incarnation got into a notable spot on the list? Amazing. X being right under EXE though kinda shocked me, I took it as a foregone conclusion that Japan was EXE land, but my boy is right there next to him. (Bass.EXE is still better for an EXE rep though. :p)

Their Marvel side stuff isn't too shabby either. How the hell does Japan know what's up picking Ms. Marvel & Spidey villains to top the lists with? :lol

@Anki: We sure this isn't just their translation that just got put up recently?

Edit: Wait, Date Masamune is "PUT YA GUNS ON!" dude? Oh God, he is so Mahvel. :lol

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/60130068

In EventHubs words, the poll was held "recently", but it wasn't.

And yeah, Date Masamune is definitely the put your guns on dude. I want him and Yukimura in this game so badly. Capcom probably thinks Masamune would be their "own Wolverine" but him and Yukimura would be definite rushdown monsters if they give them the same treatment that the DMC characters got...

You dodge me all the time too! BBCSEX is coming out soon, you can body me in that. Before that though lets get some marvel in so I can test out some new tech =p.

You mean so I can test out new tech. It was embarrassing yesterday.

Let me save face here: Thank you Live for letting me know how real opponents are like. You have no idea how Free PSN has been so far. /end troll

edit: let me use Q's excuse too. LAG.

Prototype and Q, I haven't play you guys in a while. How about a few matches now? :eek:

Last time I played Q was in 3s lol

Last time I played Prototype was in trashcode Vanilla Marvel.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Nico Minoru is an awesome pick. I've said this before.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that she'd work great in the game- I just question how many of the votes were for anything other than her (japanese) name.

No clue. Armor was in that X-Men anime so that explains her charting way high. Chase Stein, another Runaway, is also surprisingly way up there so I'd say at least a significant portion actually knows the character.

That FGC link with all the streams collected on a single page is awesome. When did they come up with that?
These are fake. Seth told me Japan doesn't want DLC. Stop posting fake things.
Gene is way too low... he should be #1. The rest is alright, needs more male Darkstalker characters. I have always wanted Data Masamune as the premier Sengoku Basara character but that team doesn't want any characters from the series in so that's not going to happen.
I'm pretty sure that Sengoku Basara characters can't make it in for historical/facial modeling reasons(based on a real person). Capcom already knows that everyone wants Gene. Also, what Darkstalkers are left to add? Jedah?
And it's quite obvious Japanese want more female Marvel characters already. All females in top 10 aside from Venom, Green Goblin and Gambit.
I can't blame them. The last round of characters was about as exciting as a tranquilized Sloth.

*still waits for Phylla-Vell, Ms.Marvel and Emma Frost*

Grecco

That FGC link with all the streams collected on a single page is awesome. When did they come up with that?

I'm pretty sure that Sengoku Basara characters can't make it in for historical/facial modeling reasons(based on a real person). Capcom already knows that everyone wants Gene. Also, what Darkstalkers are left to add? Jedah?

I can't blame them. The last round of characters was about as exciting as a tranquilized Sloth.

Would be hilarious if Demitri was in. Wonder what Rocket Racoon/Spiderman/Sentinel would look as females

That "historical reason" thing was made up by SRKers for their poll. There's nothing keeping Sengoku Basara characters from any VS game. Date Masamune was even being considered for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Now, Onimusha wise, Samanosuke and Juubei are a difficult matter because their looks are based on actual actors, which is why Soki is the best choice as an Onimusha representative. Sengoku Basara's characters look nothing like the people who existed, save for iconic things like Masamune's eyepatch/helmet.

kirblar

Emma Frost would be a great pick- have her be the "Gen" of the game, with a Colossus-style tank mode and a projectile-based Psychic mode.

Bizazedo

Is there a PSN scrub group?

Yes, it's called Ranked or Player battles. Rank---> Any.

:).

Was a lot of fun last night. I enjoy being part of a team and watching my partners blitz the opponent. My favorite match was still Tobe. He had picked a few alt teams (I'll be honest, at a certain point I could tell Killa, Tobe, and I went into cruise control mode and let off the gas) and after a few losses, went back to his main team and it was a complete destruction of Q with a Gravity Squeeze at the end and then, at least on my screen, Magneto says nothing in the victory sequence. He just slowly builds up to laughing his ass off.

It fit so perfectly with how violent the match was.

He still TACs too much, though! :).

Thanks for putting it on, Kadey.

As for doing it again, I guess it's up to PSN'rs this time. Say when they're ready?

Preferably before Marvel 4.

Degen

okay, you fools had your shot

I want in on the next one, and somehow I'm gonna drag SephirothRK and Panda down along with me

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
nope, my Wesker is trash tier.

Dude the setups you have with Wesker+Strider are so ambiguous to me. I was confused half the time.

The only thing that makes your Wesker not so great is that you don't use his wall bounce in his combos for more damage. Other than that I was scared to death of your Wesker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom