• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

PR Nationals will be streamed todayhttp://es-es.twitch.tv/arcadeboxtv Unfortunately i wont be able to go :qq but there should be good Puerto Riccan Marvel on that. Also MK9/SF4

Dahbomb

Quick question.. What makes Iron Man bad? I've been reading here and on SRK how Iron Man is dead, but a friend of mine gave me a tough time with Iron Man today. I've been trying to get good with Spiderman and have been avoiding Iron Man even though Repulser Blast is a great assist for Spidey. But after our matches I'm considering putting IM in.
There are a few things which keeps IM back in this game (reality is that he is a "balanced" character but balanced doesn't cut it in this game). The first is that he can't cancel his dash before the 11th frame which means his ground dash game is limited than other characters. His aerial box dash and tri-dash has start up time which can easily be read and stuffed out. This combined with the no block during air dash makes IM a very weak rushdown character. His up to down air dash is super fast though meaning at close range his high low mix up is as good as Magneto's. His dashes also linger on at super jump height meaning he can go from super jump height and dash all the way down and hit you with a high/low (if the opponent is still there).

The other disadvantage is that his hit confirming is much more difficult than the average character. You can't just go ABCS. His best poking tool the cr.M doesn't connect into his launcher (his launcher has less range than his cr.H, st.H and cr.M) meaning you have to do a fly cancel combo (cr.M, st.H, fly j.M etc.) to confirm a cr.M. It's the same with his j.H's, if they connect at their longest range he has to do acrobatics to hit confirm off of them. His air throws also take skill to capitalize off of and in some cases you may not be able to do so. His super jump hit confirms have been made better but they still require skill. He has other minor faults which include no safe hyper/DHC option and no real protection around him or right below him which makes him vulnerable to getting his legs clipped from the other side when chicken blocking.

He has advantages too. He is self sufficient in combos/damage, his normals/spacing is good and he has a dominant air to air projectile. Cr.H and Smart Bombs are under utilized, Repulor Blast negates advancing guard so combined that with an assist you can enforce mix ups on the opponent, Unibeam still a great beam assist.

I don't think he is dead or low tier. I think he's strictly in the Mid tier of the game. You can make him work, win with him but it requires effort and good team construction. I am still playing him and doing decent enough. I think IM works excellently with Drones if you want to explore the option. I am exploring Tatsu + IM or maybe Vajra + IM in the future.

why aren't more IM users using the cr.H cancel to set up safe approaches as well as some nice combos?
A lot of people still think that move sucks when it doesn't.. it's one of his best normals now. It's decent for approaches and hit confirms. For combos it's ok. I approach with Smart Bombs now plus an assist.

I was in the lab with a new team of Vergil/Iron Man (Repulsor)/Akuma when my PS3 got busted. I had some nice fuzzy guard set ups with Tatsu + Vergil and a trap with IM and Tatsu but now I can't get back into this team for a while until the PS3 is fixed. Until then it's back to theory fighting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nerdjosh managed to defeat Marlinpie and get 4th in the latest big 2. I am not sure even Viscant can even achieve the way he's screwing around.

Eh, he likes experimenting. More teams and more characters you have a grasp of is only a good thing. I'm sure he still has a main team.

Anth0ny

Shit's gonna be hype! Dieminion vs anyone is great to watch.

soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist

soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist soul fist

fuck yeah!

Anth0ny

Any details on who is gonna be there?

Top 3 winners For this event wil have free entree and Free venue for this years WINTER BRAWL!! SHOUTS OUTS TO BIG E GAMING!!!

Entry fee for this tournament will be 25 and spectator/venue fee is 10$

Main events B4 the tournament(will be Updated)

Dieminion vs Masta CJ

OMG itz ANDRE VS Noel "the professional" BROWN(he called u out noel,hahaha)

Demon Hyo vs Chris G

Now here are The invites:

Philly crew:

Demon Hyo
Felax
Rogue Yoshi
10 Stars
Damien
Josh wong(GET OFF THAT LOL)
Julien Robinson
Doctor Chaos
Insaynne

New York/New jersey:

Noel Brown
Chris G
Masta CJ
Moons
L.I Joe
Dragon God
NYC Fab
Ray Ray
Chris Matrix
Pungza
Winrich
Liston
Genius
Bankboy Spankz
Megaman Steve
Alukard NY
BUM
Marlin Pie
KDZ
Mr.Quotes
Nerd Josh
Jago
Dieminion
Sean Aquino
XeQushioner
Omniscythe

Maryland/Virginia:

Unknown
FourthStar
Meep
Dj houshen
Ryry
Steve H

Ohio/Facebook:(hahaha u know i had to troll u for this one,hahaha)

OmgitzAndre

Should be good. I have the Pringles ready!

I wish there was a way to stream the Curleh Mustache tournament at work :(

and chun li is damn near unblockable ..when you're as good as me haha

Dahbomb

Viscant had a pocket Dormammu in vanilla as well. That was one of his secondary online teams.

Not saying he is going to be godly with the character but he isn't going to be omega ass with it either. It's not like you need super high execution to play that character either, just very strong fundamentals and understanding of the character.

Oh and:

166337_173461192694328_173426736031107_380894_7134830_n.jpg

GET HYPED!!!!

Frantic

I really should join the nation of maverick hunting.
I'd join the new age of Zeroes, but I just don't really like the way he plays. Well... I suppose I shouldn't say I don't like the way he plays, just that it doesn't suit my style. I do actually enjoy playing him, but I could never main him since the way he plays just doesn't suit me.

Plus, Zero is almost strictly a point character, and I want Dante on point. Zero will just have to brew in the pot of my many secondary characters.

Dahbomb

I joined the Zero party late in vanilla. Saw that he could Buster cancel as his main buff in Ultimate and dropped him immediately. Pretty much knew he was going to be the best character in the game or S tier at bare minimum at that time.

Plus Zero gives you bad habits. One good thing about him that I took away from playing Zero was learning to charge which has helped me with Vergil's Round Trip. I can easily run Zero/Vergil/XXX and rock house but a lot of people do this already. I am currently more intrigued in my latest team of Vergil/IM (Repulsor)/Akuma.

Bizazedo

Viscant now has a Zero/Dormmamu/Dr Doom team. So strange.

That's a very good squad. I've been experimenting (poorly) with Dormammu and have tried Doom with Zero in the past. I can definitely see the potential, especially with Dark Hole lockdown.

Dorm and Zero play so differently, though :(. I am also curious which assist for Doom he's using. I figured out a few nasty variations of what I currently do with Doom instead of Wesker, but it makes the HSD / timing tighter.

Azure J

I'd join the new age of Zeroes, but I just don't really like the way he plays. Well... I suppose I shouldn't say I don't like the way he plays, just that it doesn't suit my style. I do actually enjoy playing him, but I could never main him since the way he plays just doesn't suit me.

Plus, Zero is almost strictly a point character, and I want Dante on point. Zero will just have to brew in the pot of my many secondary characters.

I've been running into that latter situation so often lately thinking about making a Zero team. Thing is, every time I try, I remember Dante's in this game, ponder for a hot second how they can both be on the same team, try it out then eventually get to a strange "meh" point before taking him off and falling back on one of my Dante/XXX/XXX teams.

It also feels weird as shit playing without Dante on my team, so a team based around Zero isn't happening for a while. :lol

K701

Banned
I've been using my team of Zero, Task, and Sent since Vanilla day one on PSN. (ID: niu-niu)

On PSN Zero is just slightly more common, I guess the buster dexterity still keeps most people away. I just see a shit load of Capt Americas and Dr. Dooms mixed with the super popular Vergil/Dante/Wesker trenchcoat mafia, with a dash of Wolvies, Haggars, and Franks. All of those are still way more popular than Zero (at least on PSN).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I guess that makes sense.

I do have a question about Dante. Whenever I try and finish off my bnb with reverb shock -> Fireworks, he crosses up when fireworks hits. Is there...a reason behind this? After the third time of the combo dropping, I've learned to just end the combo with a hyper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom