• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

xCobalt

Yeah it's bummer, but I notice most Rolento's aren't taking advantage of his backflip on wakeup. It is invincible and doesn't require meter, so at least it's something

His backflip is a pretty bad escape option. All the invincibility occurs when he is hopping upwards. If the opponent is just throwing moves out, he'll either a) get hit because the move is still active and he is still right beside them or b) get hit as he's doing the backflip because there's so little horizontal movement.

His backflip is a pretty bad escape option. All the invincibility occurs when he is hopping upwards. If the opponent is just throwing moves out, he'll either a) get hit because the move is still active and he is still right beside them or b) get hit as he's doing the backflip because there's so little horizontal movement.

And it's only SLIGHT lower body invincibility & very option selectable.

What's not wrong with him? LOL
Ehh... He seems alright. But it's week 1, so who the hell knows.
It's definitely not anything good, but it's helpful if you don't get predictable and you aren't in the corner. You will probably get hit during it, but at least you're in the air instead of on the ground.

Rolento is so dead in the corner.

Marz

Who's this Chun Li? Your strategy of going to the other corner and focusing fireballs til u get ultra and not doing anything else is some 2008 XBL stuff

xCobalt

And it's only SLIGHT lower body invincibility & very option selectable.

It's full invincibility from what I tested. Why do you say its only slight lower body?

Ehh... He seems alright. But it's week 1, so who the hell knows.

It's definitely not anything good, but it's helpful if you don't get predictable and you aren't in the corner. You will probably get hit during it, but at least you're in the air instead of on the ground.

Rolento is so dead in the corner.

It's tough but I find him fun to play still. A bit early to make balance suggestions but some stuff I would like to see in the future are: far fierce to become a command normal and EX Roll to be strike invincible. Close fierce is such an amazing anti air and it feels terrible when you misjudge the spacing and far fierce comes out instead.

It's full invincibility from what I tested. Why do you say its only slight lower body?

It's tough but I find him fun to play still. A bit early to make balance suggestions but some stuff I would like to see in the future are: far fierce to become a command normal and EX Roll to be strike invincible. Close fierce is such an amazing anti air and it feels terrible when you misjudge the spacing and far fierce comes out instead.

Revert him back to arcade minus EX Roll being safe and giving Ultra. It's simple. He was never even THAT good in arcade.

Just got home, sounds like I missed all the fun. Hopefully I can join in next time and be apart of the red bar madness

Yah true, if there was a Hawk or Gief I could have been bodied.. I wonder if we'll see a Yun army at evo or not. I still think his lack of vanilla AE dive kick in USF4 will prevent a repeat of the vanilla AE train but we'll see...

He's missing a lot of stuff that made him so good in AE. He's still very good, definitely top 5. But no way is he the same kind of threat he was in AE. He's good but very beatable with some bad match ups and plenty of even ones. I think the Yun army will make a small comeback, but it won't be free wins

xCobalt

Revert him back to arcade minus EX Roll being safe and giving Ultra. It's simple. He was never even THAT good in arcade.

The only thing from the Arcade version I want would be -2 on light patriot circle and the old EX Air Raid back. A change I did like in the Console version is the better start up on cr.mk. That 5 frame startup really improves his combo potential.

Onemic

Wakeup tigereverything.

Edit: Onemic said fuck this I need a divekick lol

Why the fuck did I pick the honest divekicker

Its clear this is the context for most cheap. Its time to Yun.

EDIT: ah yes the classic yun v Sagat. So free.

I'm getting destroyed by a Deejay player. Clearly he needs to be nerfed.

This character is so annoying, and I hate his big fucking stupid smile.

WHY ARE YOU SO HAPPY?! YOU SUCK BRO!

I'm getting destroyed by a Deejay player. Clearly he needs to be nerfed.

This character is so annoying, and I hate his big fucking stupid smile.

WHY ARE YOU SO HAPPY?! YOU SUCK BRO!
And when he back dashes "heeeeeey." He's enjoying himself too much in a fight.

He's missing a lot of stuff that made him so good in AE. He's still very good, definitely top 5. But no way is he the same kind of threat he was in AE. He's good but very beatable with some bad match ups and plenty of even ones. I think the Yun army will make a small comeback, but it won't be free wins
I did enjoy watching AE Yun get bodied by Vanilla Sagat in that iplaywinner edition select tourney lol..

Top Bottom