• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

kirblar

I def think Elena's the better character. Poison just doesn't have burst damage- you have to win honest with her every time. Elena's lol400damage1bar stuff is just miles ahead.

Shouta

I def think Elena's the better character. Poison just doesn't have burst damage- you have to win honest with her every time. Elena's lol400damage1bar stuff is just miles ahead.

Poison has 360 with one bar if you get a jump in punish. Otherwise it's 200-300 typically.

Elena's pokes are so obnoxious. That st.lk can go straight to hell.

Hopefully Justin does drop Elena for Poison

I'll get to see her dance after every match. Lord knows I can't win with her

BoSox06DH

Just faced the #1 Poison online (BrolyTraps). Actually won the first round quite handily. Then promptly got downloaded by him and got bopped in the next two rounds. As soon as I saw the B grade I knew I was already dead.

mbpm1

Just faced the #1 Poison online (BrolyTraps). Actually won the first round quite handily. Then promptly got downloaded by him and got bopped in the next two rounds. As soon as I saw the B grade I knew I was already dead.

I think that's Brolylegs alt or something

Cos his channel says he's #1 ranked poison

MIMIC

Banned
"Network Simulation" let you simulate a laggy connection? That is hilarious xD

5+ is unplayable for me. I can land combos, but the extra effort isn't worth it. I would never continue playing if it's that bad.

EDIT: This should be a trial. "Land Combo X with a network connection of 20" lol

Onemic

You have to catch an opponent sleeping to get an HP mallet generally.

Marz

So I got a "You have been signed out of PSN" message in an endless lobby and my PP drops like I rage quitted out of ranked?

Wtf lol

hypernima

Banned

That's the one thing I dislike about playing Poison online. the transphobia surrounding her.

Onemic

So I got a "You have been signed out of PSN" message in an endless lobby and my PP drops like I rage quitted out of ranked?

Wtf lol

I've won a game in ranked and gotten that same message when I get to the option to go to the main menu. I lost the pp I initially won plus got docked an extra 100 pp. This has happened at least 4 times to me

nikos

So does the YouTube upload thing even work? I get to the upload screen and then I get the error "The YouTube service is not available".

Hasn't worked at all for me on XBL. The replay plays normally, then in super slow motion. After that finishes, which takes forever, the upload screen appears and fails.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
That's the one thing I dislike about playing Poison online. the transphobia surrounding her.

What? If the guy made an alt specifically to play Poison then it's a bit weird, but otherwise it's a bit of a stretch to make that connection.

Unrelated, I realise the Hugo army is strong, but it feels really refreshing to play a grappler in SF4 (I main Gouken). I never really appreciated basic things like pokes, spacing, different matchups, etc. back when I played 3S, so now playing Hugo is a whole different story with such a huge cast.

You quickly have to learn how to get in, how to not take too much damage until you do, and how to capitalise once you're there. As he's a much bigger target, you need to be more precise and careful with your movements and footsies, too. It's really fun, and as I play more with him it feels like I'm getting better at the core game.

After thinking about it, I think I found a use for USF4 on PS Now. Say we throw another GAF tourney(on PS3) like the one that was done over the weekend and we want it streamed. If no one can do it then maybe me or someone else with a PS4 can use PS Now to host the tournament and stream it via the PS4. As long as we don't play ourselves, I think it should be fine.

Earlier I almost got Gandhi'd myself. Except I think the guy I played was doing it on purpose. He started off with full screen tatsu's which I punished cr. HP. I just blocked after that and he would walk up and throw me. When he hit me with random DP's he would stay in front of me and then actually bait me by dodging my wake up DP because I started getting pissed off and decided to go full retard.

In the end I barely won. But I checked the replay. I won with a EX axe kick when he was knocked down, which is a overhead. Turns out he was mashing DP on wake up, it just didn't come out. If it had, i would have been dead and extremely salty because I know that bitch wouldn't have come back to my room lol. I don't know what's worse, playing the truly random guys who don't know what they're doing. Or the guys whose gameplan is to be random. Sure it won't work out in the long run, but it can frustrate the hell out of you for a few matches.

What's a Ghandi?

Have you never seen this match? It features a match between a Ryu player going by the name Gandhi and a Rufus player named FSP(Fairly Sad Panda).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEVcZ3anG0

I'd say watch it first before you read my description if you've never seen it before.

To make a short story short, the Ryu player played random as fuck and a lot of the crazy shit he was doing kept working. The Rufus player kept playing it like he would play you and I and it was a terrible idea. In the end the Rufus player lost. The match was made more entertaining because the commentators were laughing hysterically as it was happening like most of us probably were.

One last thing about that match.
The Rufus player is a GAF'er named Huw Dawson. A semi regular in here and the FGW thread.

Haha yeah I've seen that match. And after I asked, I remembered about 5 min later because it almost happened to me right then. Sometimes late night players go into Yolo mode and beyond. A lot of the time late night players are really solid though.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Ghandi is the match everyone has had online, except Huw had the misfortune to be on stream at Dreamhack when it happened.

El Sloth

Banned
After thinking about it, I think I found a use for USF4 on PS Now. Say we throw another GAF tourney(on PS3) like the one that was done over the weekend and we want it streamed. If no one can do it then maybe me or someone else with a PS4 can use PS Now to host the tournament and stream it via the PS4. As long as we don't play ourselves, I think it should be fine.
That's a pretty cool idea.

Laconic

Banned
So Justin dropped Elena for Poison? We Elena players on our own now, I don't think anyone picked Elena for that tourny :(

lmao as I was reading this Justin tweeted me

he still in there. Poison just might be more solid.

follow me guise

Give it time. Unless patched, she is going to be getting Dan levels of exposure. (pun working as intended) Playing to win begins at the character select screen, and never landing on Elena.

Onemic

Give it time. Unless patched, she is going to be getting Dan levels of exposure. (pun working as intended) Playing to win begins at the character select screen, and never landing on Elena.

Tell that to the people who think shes somehow top tier, Kappa

Laconic

Banned
Tell that to the people who think shes somehow top tier, Kappa

I'll just sit back for a few months, and let the dearth of tourney players using her, much less winning, speak for itself. A winning "hands-off" approach, if you will. As opposed to Elena's. ;)

hypernima

Banned
Really? I don't think I've ever encountered that. Not in SFxT or in this. Hell if anything, people seem to want to play her because of how she looks.

There's a lot of people who genuinely play her because she looks fun and that's okay.
Maybe it's just a phenomena that a few Poison players experience?

What? If the guy made an alt specifically to play Poison then it's a bit weird, but otherwise it's a bit of a stretch to make that connection.

The connection is there though by him using the word "Trap" and playing Poison.

Question for Poison mains:

How good are her following matchups?

Sagat
Zangief
T Hawk
Akuma

Sagat is kinda hellish imo. you have to really play patient depending on the player. When it comes to the fireball war, you can get in on him slowly since her fireball moves her up with each one thrown. LMT can be used to punish fireballs in close range depending on the FB thrown. Other wise I don't think it's too bad.

T.Hawk her backdash is useful, although I find myself only able to punish blkd Condor Dives with EX AE and well timed Fierce AE.

I haven't ran into many Gief's or Akuma's so I can't really say.

I dunno bro, she's damn good at keeping some characters (Cody) out.

GrayFoxPL

Slowly starting to understand this game. I couldn't get why I was getting thrown so easily since I was mashing jab to get opponent off me. Finally checked frame data. I thought: "WTF throws are 3 frames?!" So throw is 3 my jab is 4. Shieeeet. Coming from Tekken where throws is 10 frames and duckable is very hard to adjust, people are throwing me left and right. I liked the old f+HP to throw way more.
Gotta utilize Guy's shitty cr lk. I hate this move, looks slow, but is fast, links must be delayed for what it seem a half an hour to work. But I'm getting better.

Edit: I'm shit at this but from my fights I saw that Poison can't deal so good with characters having decent jumps because of her shitty dp. Even my Guy with his "leaf on a wind" jump can get pretty easily on her from above. That fireball may be pretty fast but not fast enough for her to squeeze anti air right after.

Imm0rt4l

It's funny how players on your level have low tolerance for taking L's. Whereas some scrub can come and get bodied 15 straight and have little issues with losing.

Also I don't care that Rolento is supposedly so terrible(for now at least). He's a shit ton of fun. Shiiiet, I don't even main characters with invinciple dp's or good wakeup options, that shit aint new to me.

edit: shit, I remember early days of vanilla and super, good players would boot you for being wack. Now good players don't want competition, what part of the game is that

hypernima

Banned
It's funny how players on your level have low tolerance for taking L's. Whereas some scrub can come and get bodied 15 straight and have little issues with losing.

Also I don't care that Rolento is supposedly so terrible(for now at least). He's a shit ton of fun. Shiiiet, I don't even main characters with invinciple dp's or good wakeup options, that shit aint new to me.

edit: shit, I remember early days of vanilla and super, good players would boot you for being wack. Now good players don't want competition, what part of the game is that

Who think Rolento is shit? I mean he ain't the best but he isn't terrible.
He can play hella mind games and pressure you if you mess up. The only thing I see bad about him is his wakeup.

Top Bottom