• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Onemic

Hugo's ex Lariat scares the hell outta me

I'm just trynna heal yo

I hope they never fix Elena's hurt box

We're playing a Beta, just like how the Japanese got to play the first one tbh

I dont see them fixing it. I pretty sure it's part of her design. Like how a lot of stuff dont work on blanka.

I can totally see a patch coming for the retail release though

Spent the last 30 minutes trying to upload a replay

76% in and it says service unavailable

Goku-turns-into-super-saiyan-1_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

The funny thing about Yun is that a lot of people complain about him being too strong now but usually their losses do not involve any of his buffs that he got in Ultra. People tend to forget how strong he still was in AE2012.

ladies and gentleman, the blow up part 1 and 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p7TPolakTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1frAu0ghME

and this is without him even bothering to use his command grab :(
Get. Rekt. Whenever I saw him in a lobby by himself in Endless.. Green bars and everything I just said 'Nope' not putting myself through that again. (I've been slaughtered by him too before)
The funny thing about Yun is that a lot of people complain about him being too strong now but usually their losses do not involve any of his buffs that he got in Ultra. People tend to forget how strong he still was in AE2012.
cr.MP and st.MP getting extra damage tho

So basically we can play the PS3 version of USF4 on the PS4 over the internet. Well uh, I guess I'll try it out at least once if I end up buying the new MCZ stick. So much for getting the equivalent to the PC version with the graphic setting maxed out.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Two comments making Ghandi jokes...

Anyway, I know I'm just getting angry over nothing - online play isn't serious due to the latency. But it is daft that things people do online do not match up with how the game is played offline. People just play stupidly, but you can tell who the actually good players are by how they approach situations and how polished their gameplay is.

I'm still salty about losing to you at EHU in losers :p

If you think Rufus has a hard time online, then my god never try to play fei

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I seriously fucking hate when people online just press fucking buttons and magic happens. I cant recall the last time i ever got a free win where internet magic just makes it happen.

Dunning-Kruger effect at its finest...

I was going to reply to this post with an Annie Hall line* but a quick google made me realise I was confusing Diane Kruger with Diane Keaton.

I'm a bit disappointed that no USFIV on PS4 was announced. There's still time though, right? I can still justify the PS4 TE purchase with Guilty Gear Xrd.

I've had ridiculous trouble uploading videos to youtube on 360; it takes 40 minutes and then throws up an error. No success so far...

*"And you would know about THAT, wouldn't you?"

Spuck-uk

Banned
I was going to reply to this post with an Annie Hall line* but a quick google made me realise I was confusing Diane Kruger with Diane Keaton.

I'm a bit disappointed that no USFIV on PS4 was announced. There's still time though, right? I can still justify the PS4 TE purchase with Guilty Gear Xrd.

I've had ridiculous trouble uploading videos to youtube on 360; it takes 40 minutes and then throws up an error. No success so far...

*"And you would know about THAT, wouldn't you?"

They did announce that you can do that Gaikai streaming thing to play USF4 on PS4, but that sounds like its going to be the most lag ever.

Also, Joffo! Long time no play!

I'm on 360 and PC at the moment should you wanna face my wild Dan at any point. I enjoy playing Street Fighter quite a lot. Dan's much better in Ultra!

I don't have much confidence in the PS Now USFIV but I'll definitely try it, out of curiosity.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm on 360 and PC at the moment should you wanna face my wild Dan at any point. I enjoy playing Street Fighter quite a lot. Dan's much better in Ultra!

I don't have much confidence in the PS Now USFIV but I'll definitely try it, out of curiosity.

I'm on PS3 during the week and 360 at the weekends, long story. Muddling around between DeCapre and hugo depending on how drunk I am.

Geniuzz

Shortly after release of the update there was talk that Capcom UK was/is going to release the alt costumes for the newcomers in Europe since we didn't get the pre-order deal. Has anything been announced since then?

Crisium

I'm a bit disappointed that no USFIV on PS4 was announced. There's still time though, right?

I doubt they will announce a current gen version until some time after the retail release. They want to move as many PS360 copies (albeit many thru $15 upgrades) as possible, and then once more and more people are replacing their old consoles you will pay $40 for the game again on PS4 (since there will be no upgrade, retail only).

This is Capcom. Their strategy is to make you buy the same game over again, and this is the best way. I don't blame them.

alstein

Well a good game must go through multiple stages of testing.

If that testing gets developers money well, even better! Kappa

The thing is I think they got the balance pretty right so far this time. The only major problem seems to be three underpowered characters, and keepaway being a bit too weak.

TheMink

I dont understand plinking, i always feel like pressing multiple inputs to try and hit a link has never worked. The times im succesful with a link its always because i wait and press it once. And thats sooooo hard to do in an actual match.

Am i doing something wrong? Do i not understand what plinking is?

Side note, I've switched my main to Evil Ryu after being a Ken player forever. I just looooove getting those long combos down. (By "down" i mean 50% succesful in a completely controlled environment)
Ken just doesnt really have any pizazz imo, it makes me sad cause he is my favorite character. But jab jab heavy punch shoryuken is just lame.

Not to mention that actually hitting full cinematic ultra off an FADC is incredibly difficult. If I'm not mistaken the only way to do it is a counter hit heavy shoryuken FADC on the second hit into ultra 1. Which would be fine if he had super cool combos or something to balance it.

Idk, maybe I'm just crazy. I'm also terrible so i dont think i should have any say haha

Geniuzz

Wultra with a grappler is really not a good idea. You want that damage.

But with Hugo his normals already do ridiculous damage, as well as his ultra throw and SPD. Why would you need max damage on your Ultra? The way I see it, Wultra keeps people on their toes with Hugo as he now controls both ground and air, but that is just me speculating.

I dont understand plinking, i always feel like pressing multiple inputs to try and hit a link has never worked. The times im succesful with a link its always because i wait and press it once. And thats sooooo hard to do in an actual match.

Am i doing something wrong? Do i not understand what plinking is?

Try this in training mode - I am assuming you're on an arcade stick:

Hover your ring finger just over the HP button and your middle finger over the MP button. Bring down both fingers at the same time - you get MP+HP, and you'll hear both buttons being hit at the same time.

Do the same thing again but bring down your middle finger later. You will get HP then MP and hear two button presses.

Now, try reducing the amount of time between hitting HP and MP. Eventually, you should be able to do it where you hit the MP only a frame later than the HP. When you do this, you will get what is notationally written as HP~MP, which in the SF4 engine will input HP, then MP+HP on the next frame. MP+HP is the same as HP for normals, so you get two HP inputs on simultaneous frames.

kirblar

But with Hugo his normals already do ridiculous damage, as well as his ultra throw and SPD. Why would you need max damage on your Ultra? The way I see it, Wultra keeps people on their toes with Hugo as he now controls both ground and air, but that is just me speculating.
He already has options for "if they stay in front" vs "if they backdash/jump away". That isn't his problem- his problem is that he doesn't usually get a ton of opportunities to do damage, so he needs to hit like a truck when he does get in. Cutting 40% of the Ultra damage just isn't a good idea - if you want "Both" I think you really just want U2.

x Misogi

Wultra with a grappler is really not a good idea. You want that damage.

Yeah I was testing it out that match, trying to have both to keep him on his toes. How the match ended though, I definitely regretted not going raw u2.

Geniuzz

He already has options for "if they stay in front" vs "if they backdash/jump away". That isn't his problem- his problem is that he doesn't usually get a ton of opportunities to do damage, so he needs to hit like a truck when he does get in. Cutting 40% of the Ultra damage just isn't a good idea - if you want "Both" I think you really just want U2.

I hear you. I suppose you are right with saying that Hugo needs to do max damage the moments he is able to finally get in. Ultra 2 it is, then. Thanks!

chriskun

I hear you. I suppose you are right with saying that Hugo needs to do max damage the moments he is able to finally get in. Ultra 2 it is, then. Thanks!

Yeah, Ultra 2 barely does any damage in W, and how often are you gonna land U1 realistically?

Top Bottom