• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

OceanBlue

It's funny how players on your level have low tolerance for taking L's. Whereas some scrub can come and get bodied 15 straight and have little issues with losing.

Maybe scrubs are fine with it because they come in expecting to lose. I certainly approach playing you guys with the mentality of, "I'm going to lose, but hopefully I understand the game a bit better by the end of the beating." :<

GrayFoxPL

Maybe scrubs are fine with it because they come in expecting to lose. I certainly approach playing you guys with the mentality of, "I'm going to lose, but hopefully I understand the game a bit better by the end of the beating." :<

Me = start of fight: "I'm gonna WIN!"
10 seconds later: "I'm gonna LOSE!"
XD

GrayFoxPL

P.....loading.....S.....waiting for player....N. ;)

To be honest I only had waiting for player on terrible 1 or 0 bars I somehow joined.

From 2 bars up Ultra is way less laggy for me then Super and definitely SfxTk.
I like this new/modified netcode.

kirblar

It's funny how players on your level have low tolerance for taking L's. Whereas some scrub can come and get bodied 15 straight and have little issues with losing.

Also I don't care that Rolento is supposedly so terrible(for now at least). He's a shit ton of fun. Shiiiet, I don't even main characters with invinciple dp's or good wakeup options, that shit aint new to me.

edit: shit, I remember early days of vanilla and super, good players would boot you for being wack. Now good players don't want competition, what part of the game is that
If someone knows they're not as good, they're fine with taking the blows to improve.

If someone's dunning-krugering their skill level, they usually have little tolerance for failure.

Imm0rt4l

Who think Rolento is shit? I mean he ain't the best but he isn't terrible.
He can play hella mind games and pressure you if you mess up. The only thing I see bad about him is his wakeup.

everybody is saying he's trash. I can't say I agree, too soon to say either way.

If someone knows they're not as good, they're fine with taking the blows to improve.

If someone's dunning-krugering their skill level, they usually have little tolerance for failure.
dat inflated sense of skill

All these "Elena is so fucking cheap" messages are just raising my power level. Don't they know this by now.

I don't think Rolento is a bad character. He's really tricky and his U2 will have good uses. Only thing is, his wakeup game rivals Deejay's for the most free.

MIMIC

Banned
Ghandi is the match everyone has had online, except Huw had the misfortune to be on stream at Dreamhack when it happened.

Whenever I encounter this type of player, I think back to some of the advice I read back when Vanilla came out: you can't out-think a brink.

It's tempting, but....you can't. :)

Any word on an actual PS4 release and not just this gaikai shit? I noticed there's a new Madcatz stick but I can't justify it without knowing if the game is gonna drop.

xCobalt

Who think Rolento is shit? I mean he ain't the best but he isn't terrible.
He can play hella mind games and pressure you if you mess up. The only thing I see bad about him is his wakeup.

I think he's probably low mid tier atm. His pogo mixups aren't very good since he has no safe ways of landing it. There's always enough time to jab him out of it.

kirblar

Any word on an actual PS4 release and not just this gaikai shit? I noticed there's a new Madcatz stick but I can't justify it without knowing if the game is gonna drop.
Sounds like just the Gaikai stuff so that they don't have to re-do the netcode. The stick will be useful for Xrd/MKX/The non-SFV Capcom Fighter in the meantime though.

Onemic

maybe try being more aggressive, and running oki since his wakeup is less than stellar.

I only feel I can play aggressive against Rolento with yang, as Elena, I don't know why but I respect rolento's game so much. I think it has to do with the fact that he can sorta ignore footsies a bit if he wants to with his roll shennanigans.

I also don't know any oki with Elena lol. Haven't practiced it with her really, I've been too busy trying to get her 1 frame links down.

I think he's probably low mid tier atm. His pogo mixups aren't very good since he has no safe ways of landing it. There's always enough time to jab him out of it.

I have to practice this now

Marz

Who's trying to play some tonight?

Fuck I might even open lobbies on 360 and PS3 so I can switch back and forth when I lose lol.

OceanBlue

You can do it after a knockdown right? Anyway I feel like I've seen people do pogos primarily to catch crouch techs.

xCobalt

You can do it after a knockdown right? Anyway I feel like I've seen people do pogos primarily to catch crouch techs.

It's still not safe after a knockdown. There's maybe some obscure setups if the opponent doesn't quick rise or does a DWU in the corner but I haven't tested those situations yet.

stn

^ BUT BRO, if they give Dee-Jay a few good normals he'll be Guile! Peter "COMBOFIEND" Rosas and Capcom are doing us Dee-Jay players a favor by making him suck. We get to work harder for our wins!

EDIT: I hope Yun players aren't having problems getting in anymore. Let us know and we'll boost his walk speed, buff his dive kick, and make him +5 on ex lunge.

Onemic

Is this real life? If you can't win with Deejay you're a scrub. Learn your matchups and stop wanting easy mode tactics to win.

Hey guys its cambofeen here. we trynna make every character viable so we nerfed deejay and buffed yun

have agud dai .

FUCK

^ BUT BRO, if they give Dee-Jay a few good normals he'll be Guile! Peter "COMBOFIEND" Rosas and Capcom are doing us Dee-Jay players a favor by making him suck. We get to work harder for our wins!

EDIT: I hope Yun players aren't having problems getting in anymore. Let us know and we'll boost his walk speed, buff his dive kick, and make him +5 on ex lunge.
Nerf deejay more.
Dude needs to be Roll tier

GrayFoxPL

Couldn't resist.

iUY4X62gFaCNX.gif

Onemic

Messing around with e.ryu in the lab and....why the hell did this dude get buffed while Oni got nerfed? He's pretty much the character that Oni always wanted to be but couldn't because Capcom.

coy

Can I get added to the player list?

Xbox: ninjafacekick

Just picked up Ultra yesterday after a year off so trying to get back into the groove. I am always down to play and want to level up fast to try and keep up. If you ever want to get a game in, hit me up.

I invited LedHendrix and RPGv2 and DanVan so they might join

Edit: and Led Hendrix seems to have that ghetto internet

My mom's on her iPad and I'm not sure if she was the one making the match lag or if it was the other guy, didn't want to hold up the lobby with shit connection but apparently it isn't just me lol

I am looking at my stats for this game (Super and all the add-ons) and it's kinda shocking, though I guess it shouldn't be, I used to play the hell out of this game.

1300+ hours
17,000+ matches
61% win rate :(

Also did they make PP harder to gain in each update? I mean I barely play ranked matches as it is (I only have 64 PP right now), because it makes people that fight me in player matches act all stupid, but looking at my stats I'm just wondering if they made it harder to gain.

I had 4120 PP in Super. And I had 3150 in AE.

Or maybe I just started to suck ass.

Top Bottom