• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im discovering yang can do some pretty decent counter hit damage. With a couple of bars close to the corner he can briefly hit like a truck.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Well, I caved and and downloaded UItra. Hugo sucked me in like a one-frame Gigas. Now, I clearly need to spend way more time with this version of the big man, but daaamn did he lose any sort of nimbleness he had. And Hammer Frenzy seems useless so far/gets beat by everything. At least claps still combo but it seems like using him will be a struggle.

i thought about alt's the other day too. i really do think honda has better matchup potential (or at least an easier time) against grapplers that decapre lacks. but that bipson matchup can be a pain.

also, i've been using U2 almost exclusively with decapre, maybe it's time to look to U1 as a way to get some free chip damage. i think u1 with her might end up being superior, or maybe it's the frustration talking when my AA U2 whiffs. u1 chip and ex hands chip could probably do some respectable damage, especially late in the round.

Im still thinking of a proper alt for Elena. Yang, Yun, Dudley, Evil Ryu, or Oni... choices...
I'm look for a possible alt for Grappler characters >_<. I mean I could play Seth but the DP invincibility nerf and FADC nerf make me less confident with grapplers. Might just hop on the E. Ryu train for my alt though I played him somewhat in 2012..

Onemic

List your bad matchups first, then figure out who beats them.

Who I personally think are bad matchups for Elena (so anything less than 5 - 5)

Ryu
E.Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Dhalsim
Rose
Adon
Sagat
Juri
Chun-Li
Yun
Rufus
Yang
Bison
Decapre
Viper

I would go with yun or yang.

Yun or Yang would definitely be the easiest to transition to since I mained both of them at some point in AE. I just don't know how well they'd do against the above matchups vs E.Ryu or Dudley.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'll admit when i play ranked i dont look at the names but just the bars, however sometimes i swear this game trolls you by lining you up against the exact same match you just did not want to play again 4 times in a row against 4 different players.

Dartastic

Ok USF4 GAF, why the FUCK can I not connect to anyone? My version of AE was fine, then I preloaded USF4, which seemingly killed the online scene, and now that USF4 has unlocked I've had a way harder time connecting to people than before I preloaded the game. WTF is going on? This is really irritating.

kirblar

Ok USF4 GAF, why the FUCK can I not connect to anyone? My version of AE was fine, then I preloaded USF4, which seemingly killed the online scene, and now that USF4 has unlocked I've had a way harder time connecting to people than before I preloaded the game. WTF is going on? This is really irritating.
Restart your console. Something wonky definitely felt like it happened to the netcode in this version.

Try using fight request in training mode. Only way I can connect to people without errors ever.

Trying to pick a person from a menu seems broken a lot of the time, I sometimes see 2-4 lobbies all apparently hosted by the same person.

This is for PS3 anyway.

Try using fight request in training mode. Only way I can connect to people without errors ever.

Trying to pick a person from a menu seems broken a lot of the time, I sometimes see 2-4 lobbies all apparently hosted by the same person.

This is for PS3 anyway.

Same on 360. Fight req in training gets me non-stop matches and works perfectly. If I try to manually find a game through the frontend it might successfully connect to a game 1 in 25 or so tries lol

I'll admit when i play ranked i dont look at the names but just the bars, however sometimes i swear this game trolls you by lining you up against the exact same match you just did not want to play again 4 times in a row against 4 different players.

This definitely happens. Last night I played 5 different blankas in a row. Who plays blanka still? No one!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I usually end up letting people win before a gg. I probably don't need to but it feels nice to me. It's not like I sandbag, more like I try something risky without care and if it work it works.

Just announce a few games before, " I got 3 more then I gtg."

Yeah I usually just leave and say ggs. I usually try not to leave if I got a perfect on someone though, even if I was already gonna bounce. I'll give them another shot cause I know no one wants to go out like that. I definitely know what you mean though. Marvel always made it easy since it displayed the record for both players to see after every match, so I just left on an increment of 5.

I've also remembered how much I can't stand sf4 players because of what you mentioned about them leaving after winning once or other dumb shit.
I hate when I'm using a character that I'm obviously not too experienced with but I squeak out a few wins and then they pick the same character and beat me and then leave.

Good etiquette tips fellas. Thanks.

hypernima

Banned
Is there anyone here that plays Cody that knows the Seth matchup? Cause this feels like 7-3 in seth's favor, even the really bad ones.

Dartastic

Restart your console. Something wonky definitely felt like it happened to the netcode in this version.
Hasn't really worked.

This is for PS3 anyway.
Sometimes it works? Not always. It's really irritating.

i thought about alt's the other day too. i really do think honda has better matchup potential (or at least an easier time) against grapplers that decapre lacks. but that bipson matchup can be a pain.

also, i've been using U2 almost exclusively with decapre, maybe it's time to look to U1 as a way to get some free chip damage. i think u1 with her might end up being superior, or maybe it's the frustration talking when my AA U2 whiffs. u1 chip and ex hands chip could probably do some respectable damage, especially late in the round.
I've been going with W ultra for Decapre. They both do shit damage regardless, so I'd rather have access to both than just one, since they are both useful. I'm not worried about the damage she gets off an ultra cause she'll get a ton of damage from a regular combo anyway.

mbpm1

I'm sure everyone has a counter to sonic boom if you recorded the opponent's block string. You just end up anticipating the fireball rather than reacting to it.

True, but I think this one is safer and more damaging than most options people would have from anticipating booms. And although booms are very safe, they can be reacted to.

Imm0rt4l

so I recognize this strong gen player, and choose to play him. We have a good match, comes down the wire and he leaves after winning by the skin of his teeth. I knew he would do this, because he does this anytime he loses or the match is too close for his liking. I called him out for it too. Dude's certified bitch-made for that, cuz he's legit strong, but feels entitled to easy wins. scust.

Tesseract

Banned
totally love training mode ranbat fight requests, rad shit that it takes you right back to your training setup after a match. good job, capcom.

slowly adjusting to the new changes and characters, loving most of everything. seriously considering dan as my main, taunting for meter is too funny.

haven't had any lag on 360, in fact i'd say it's better than ever but that's me playing on the east coast with lots of greens. the steamworks port is also starting to shape up nicely, props to capcom for using ae as a beta for ultra.

back to the grind!

I said a shoto, not a fucking loser. Though in that case, Ryu and Ken are out of the question.

I would honestly play Dan over either of those two idiots.

YOU'RE A LOSER

iTZKNhUf9EQOd.gif

PC version had a new small patch. Seems like the bug were the anouncer was too loud and spoke too frequently during online matches is gone now.

I said a shoto, not a fucking loser. Though in that case, Ryu and Ken are out of the question.

I would honestly play Dan over either of those two idiots.
Dan actually seems competent instead of being regulated to joke tier though, and you have no soul if you're hating on the pink gi.

Dan's the only fun shoto of the entire cast, truthfact.

Duress

I played a good Abel in ranked 3 times. First two he won. Last one I perfected him first round, and he decides to disconnect. What a sore loser.

edit: It was both matches he won two rounds

Malalaw

Gonna be hosting a tournament for this and Street Fighter tonight. Can't wait to see all the matches and reactions to the outcomes.

Edit: Woo new page.

Top Bottom