• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkimoe

cant punish someone for buying the game early.

I hope they fixed the grenade launcher in multiplayer :( it has like no cooldown apparently because people just spam it

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dreamer3kx said:
Coop doesn't go through the story, correct? If not will coop spoil anything if played, environments or anything?

It will spoil the level layouts. They're pretty much lifted from the single player.

The scenarios though (enemy placements, events) are different in co-op.

Pimpbaa

I can't believe I went from reluctantly getting the first game (due to drake and the characters looking boring) to rubbing my nipples in anticipation for the sequel.

Irish

Hey guys, I figured I should let you guys know something. If you use anything other than the AK-47, you're a total n00b. Everything else counts as a n00btube, including your fists. SpecOpsElite420 wanted me to inform you all.

Seriously though, those were some great matches this morning. That plunder match was especially great. It went down to like the last 10 seconds I think. Each side was really playing that match.

Facism

Gold Member
Wario64 said:
You might want to spoiler that Revolutionary. People in this thread will go for your head.

So the only trophies I need left is survival (kill 75 enemies with dying), treasures and two of the weapon trophies. I'm trying to figure out if buying weapons from the single player store prevents me from getting the weapon trophies. 200 kills on the GAU seems pretty hard if I have to pick it up from an enemy

Do kills stack across successive plays with the same save file? Or do they reset for every new game? This is in regards to the x amount of kills with y weapon trophies.

goMaki

Anyone found a treasure guide yet ( I know most likely it's "NO" )? IGN has one inside their walkthrough, but it's incomplete. Can't find anywhere to get the guide yet, either. Damn them for giving me the game early! :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
goMaki said:
Anyone found a treasure guide yet ( I know most likely it's "NO" )? IGN has one inside their walkthrough, but it's incomplete. Can't find anywhere to get the guide yet, either. Damn them for giving me the game early! :lol

Dont think so, I think IGN is the only guide. Treasure hunting is hard in this one too.
some of the treasures in this game have to be shot down...RE4 style.

neoism

Fuck this!! I tried playing the first game, today, but just couldn't, I'll be on the demo a little before Tuesday. PSN ne0ism-

goMaki

Wario64 said:
Dont think so, I think IGN is the only guide. Treasure hunting is hard in this one too.

I wasted so many bullets on that first one. :lol Thanks, though.

neoism

Pimpbaa said:
I can't believe I went from reluctantly getting the first game (due to drake and the characters looking boring) to rubbing my nipples in anticipation for the sequel.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So remember those negative boosters I posted earlier? I have a theory that you get a bunch of money using these since there's medals associated with these boosters. If you kill 5 enemies with one of the boosters, you get a medal for it.

Jander

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:
If anyone knows any stores around Salt Lake City that has broken the street date, PM me.

Right on Kilgore, I'm up in the SLC too. If anyone PMs you, PM me, mm'kay?

/HYPED!1

Amir0x

Banned
Pimpbaa said:

I can't believe I went from not playing any PS3 game except Resistance only a month ago to enjoying this fantastic month of PS3 love with Afrika, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls and Ratchet!

PS3 Slim purchase justified with Demon's Souls, holy goddamn shit. Demon's Souls is my second favorite game of the generation now it's so fucking good.

And Uncharted 2 is supposed to be pretty remarkable as well! I love this time of the year.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Amir0x said:
PS3 Slim purchase justified with Demon's Souls, holy goddamn shit. Demon's Souls is my second favorite game of the generation now it's so fucking good.
I'm considering getting that game, but my burning hatred for all things RPG and game's apprent insane difficulty is preventing me. It's looks like a hybrid of RPG game and SotC however, and later is what draws me to it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Good lord, just started my first playthrough of Crushing in Uncharted 1. You die so damn fast!

Animator

Lord Error said:
I'm considering getting that game, but my burning hatred for all things RPG and game's apprent insane difficulty is preventing me. It's looks like a hybrid of RPG game and SotC however, and later is what draws me to it.

You will be missing out on the best game of this generation. I am saying this as someone who doesnt care about RPG's usually.

Demons souls is a flawless game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fireb0x said:
Pretty sure that happens when people leave matchmaking after it has "found" them. Whenever you see on the list where it says "Player Found..." and that player leaves matchmaking, it throws the balance off.

Still, I would imagine it should auto adjust the teams even after that.

Explain this one:

149ayro.jpg

Guerrilla fix this shit?

Gribbix

Wario64 said:

Yeah. They put them in some really strange and/or well hidden areas.
I found one in the the armpit of a dead guy in the first chapter.

grumble

Wario64 said:
Explain this one:

Guerrilla fix this shit?

Maybe it's that your team worked together to dominate the other team? I find that when one side has an advantage, then often everyone on that team will get more kills. It's self-perpetuating by pushing the other team into a weak position.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Iron Toaster said:
Is the limited edition really not being sold, or has this changed recently?

If you're talking about the "Fortune Hunter Edition" (the one with the dagger replica and some other stuff), then no, that's not being sold anywhere. There's a normal Limited Edition (which comes in a steelbook and includes MP bonuses, skins, and some other stuff) though, but as far as I know it's only for Europe. Good thing I'm in Sweden! ;)

agaru

Man I'm in the 2nd chapter now, the visuals are just 0_0 unbelievable, and the way the SP mode starts is just pure greatness, and :lol @ drake's humorous lines; spoiler:
"Ah it's locked, of course it's locked. It's always locked."
:lol

The whole time my face is either :0 or :)

I can't wait to read gaffers' impressions on this. People are gonna be extremely happy.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Facism said:
Do kills stack across successive plays with the same save file? Or do they reset for every new game? This is in regards to the x amount of kills with y weapon trophies.
Kills are stacked across plays as long you use the same save file. The weapon trophies are really easy to get once you complete the game and have enough cash to start buying the weapons from the store. All you have to do is select to play a chapter that starts with a good chunk of enemies on very easy, then buy the weapon from the store as well as infinite ammo and one hit kills, mow down the enemies, and then either die before you kill the last one or restart the checkpoint. Repeat the chapter till you get the trophy.

Wario64 said:
Explain this one:

149ayro.jpg

Guerrilla fix this shit?
I guess Naughty Dog doesn't consider your level a good indicator of your skill rank. That's probably why they added the Ranked playlist.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ffuuuucck I almost beat survival with a random guy. Got to round 10 and lost.

And the least they can do is team balance. They dont have to match us with similar skill, but at least balance the teams a little bit according to rank.

womfalcs3

Banned
I think the game code has the ability to match gamers to others with similar rank levels. That's the first attempt it makes during matchmaking. Then it goes to searching for close games, then it goes to searching for any game.

If it can't match you initially, it ultimately puts you in any game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
womfalcs3 said:
I think the game code has the ability to match gamers to others with similar rank levels. That's the first attempt it makes during matchmaking. Then it goes to searching for close games, then it goes to searching for any game.

If it can't match you initially, it ultimately puts you in any game.

But within those pool of players, can it not balance the teams so that not one team has a team full of rank 1X while the other team are rank 1's?

Amir0x

Banned
Lord Error said:

Well I will tell you before you get in...

...the game is absolutely in no way, shape or form like Shadow of the Colossus. Like, these two games could not share less in common. Like, please do not go into the game expecting that and get angry. :lol

It is a hard-as-balls dungeon crawler, unrelenting and majestic and incredible. It is the scariest game I've ever played. It is also one of the most rewarding game I've played in my life.

Cagen

Wario64 said:
But within those pool of players, can it not balance the teams so that not one team has a team full of rank 1X while the other team are rank 1's?

Not when there are parties involved, such as there has been in both the screen shots you posted. The game wont split up parties to balance by rank, only to balance the number of players.

arne

Wario64 said:
Explain this one:

149ayro.jpg

Guerrilla fix this shit?

I see 3 parties here, so probably with a limited server population (playing the live version yes?) it's probably a little challenging to even out the teams. It's also not based on the rank you are at. :)

Jostifer

Amir0x said:
It is a hard-as-balls dungeon crawler, unrelenting and majestic and incredible. It is the scariest game I've ever played. It is also one of the most rewarding game I've played in my life.
Oooh, someone is in love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom