• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Wario64 said:
Regarding length of co-op levels,
there is more to the Nepal level than the beta.

We have to play together sometime. I still haven't been able to get a game going online.

Whats your PSN?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ezekial45 said:
We have to play together sometime. I still haven't been able to get a game going online.

Whats your PSN?

My GAF handle

I'm actually in a matchmaking co-op game right now

jts

...hate me...
Manticore said:
It's PAL (2), not sure if it corresponds to UK.
Well, if you'd be kind enough to tell me which languages are included in the game options, I'd much appreciate it :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ezekial45 said:
I can't play right now though. :lol I'll be back on from 2-6PM.

I hope it isn't a problem, but i don't have a mic.

It's cool, I'm just happy to get in a game when I can

agaru

The Chef said:
I'm sure many of us would love to know where you found it and where you live.
I'm from Sudan but I live in the Middle East, and many retailers around here aren't that strict about sticking to official release dates. As soon as they receive a shipment, they start selling it right away. The Mideast is regarded as a PAL region. I know this probably doesn't help (I assume you're in the US?) but I just wanted to reply to your post. I hope everyone gets their copies sooner rather than later.

I have seen someone asking about the languages support in this PAL version, well it supports English, Francais, Italiano, Deustch and Nederlands. That's for text, subtitles and speech.

The artbox of this EU/PAL version still has the old spidey design, and fugly psn sticker lives.

Hey guys, at about 2pm EST I'm continuing my Uncharted 2 feed on http://www.justin.tv/bkarevolutionary (my video quality on jtv is substantially better than it was on Livestream)

I just hit Chapter... 9, I believe, before I quit out to continue today.
I'm pretty sure the train level is coming up very soon.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that the Next Gen Filter has been toned down a bit. :(
It's not as ridiculously brown as it was in UC1. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You might want to spoiler that Revolutionary. People in this thread will go for your head.

So the only trophies I need left is survival (kill 75 enemies with dying), treasures and two of the weapon trophies. I'm trying to figure out if buying weapons from the single player store prevents me from getting the weapon trophies. 200 kills on the GAU seems pretty hard if I have to pick it up from an enemy

Yesterday I had my first 15+ kill streak; today I'm stuck in a hotel lobby without access to my ps3. When life gives you lemons...

Any word on broken street dates in the DFW area? Knowing that I might get the game without having to wait two weeks for the import will definitely improve my ps3-less weekend.

Victarion

jts said:
Well, if you'd be kind enough to tell me which languages are included in the game options, I'd much appreciate it :)

It includes English, French, Italian, German and Dutch for menus, subtitles and speech.

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
So the only trophies I need left is survival (kill 75 enemies with dying), treasures and two of the weapon trophies. I'm trying to figure out if buying weapons from the single player store prevents me from getting the weapon trophies. 200 kills on the GAU seems pretty hard if I have to pick it up from an enemy

I'm working on the treasure/weapon medals right now and you can in fact still earn trophies/medals with the tweaks (ie. infinite-ammo & one-shot kills) and store-bought weapons turned on. That's how I got the Survival and Dyno-Might Master medals.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
I'm working on the treasure/weapon medals right now and you can in fact still earn trophies/medals with the tweaks (ie. infinite-ammo & one-shot kills) and store-bought weapons turned on. That's how I got the Survival and Dyno-Might Master medals.

Wow. I hope you can't use those for crushing trophy

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
Wow. I hope you can't use those for crushing trophy
You can't. You can only use tweaks and store-bought weapons on difficulty levels you've completed. When I started Crushing, all the stuff I had already bought in the store was locked-out. Once I completed Crushing, they we're available for use on that difficulty level.

If anyone finds a copy in Denver CO PM me! I am going hunting so let me know through PM if you would like to be notified if I find one. I am leaving this thread until I have completed the game. Have fun ladies and gents!

The Chef

Captain N said:
It's very exciting?

Well I definitely think it would be.
No luck for Reno-Lake Tahoe area for getting it early :(

Captain N said:
that would be Glee.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Nightz

Lé Blade Runner said:
I have to admit that I haven't played the first Uncharted, but since this sequel is getting such good reviews... I will buy both and bathe in their awesomeness. :)
Fixed.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
You can't. You can only use tweaks and store-bought weapons on difficulty levels you've completed. When I started Crushing, all the stuff I had already bought in the store was locked-out. Once I completed Crushing, they we're available for use on that difficulty level.

Oh, good. Thanks for the weapons info though, it'll be much easier getting those. Only ones I have to worry is the treasures then. 100 is a lot...and they are pretty well hidden this time.

Anyone planning to play co-op mode long term, I advise you to save your money up for the upgrades. A fully upgraded AK/FAL makes a huge difference. You have to be ranked 10 to upgrade them but it is worth it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wario64 said:
Sorry, I guess I'll spoil tag every post then. Just noticed that
on very easy difficulty, there's autoaiming that acts like Call of Duty. Sticks to enemies right away if your cursor is near an enemy upon pressing L1, and the cursor sticks with the enemy a little bit if he moves

Well, there's no need to overdo it. ;)

What you just posted has nothing to do with what happens in the story, which the previous mini-spoilers did. But I guess this was meant as a sarcastic reply to what I/we wrote.

Revolutionary said:
Hey guys, at about 2pm EST I'm continuing my Uncharted 2 feed on http://www.justin.tv/bkarevolutionary (my video quality on jtv is substantially better than it was on Livestream)

I just hit Chapter... 9, I believe, before I quit out to continue today.
I'm pretty sure the train level is coming up very soon.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that the Next Gen Filter has been toned down a bit. :(
It's not as ridiculously brown as it was in UC1. :lol

Thanks! Without a PS3 this is about as close I'll get to playing it. =(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
RoadHazard said:
Well, there's no need to overdo it. ;)

What you just posted has nothing to do with what happens in the story, which the previous mini-spoilers did. But I guess this was meant as a sarcastic reply to what I/we wrote.

Kinda but better to be safe than sorry, lol

Although co-op only has 3 levels, they are pretty lengthy and pretty challenging. Though mind you I've mostly played co-op on normal difficulty and with 2 players max.

And unlike the multiplayer maps, co-op maps ARE spoilers in a way since the levels are almost taken directly from the single player campaign. But they are changed up to suit more towards co-op. In the end, co-op is damn fun and 3 maps feels plenty to me, especially since my goal is to beat each co-op level in Crushing difficulty (which I believe Sam from the SF event said is nearly impossible or something to that effect)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
djtortilla said:
can someone with the game already let us know if custom soundtracks are available in any part of the game?

Naughty Dog already said no. I don't know why you'd want custom soundtracks outside of Deathmatch. The soundtrack in single player campaign is very, very good.

Preordered it since I was in the store already picking up Demons Soul, said why not. Cashier was pretty stoked for it, said hes getting lot of preorders these last couple days.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
72 people online right now, this is the most I've seen online. More people definitely acquired copies of the game today

Wario64 said:
72 people online right now, this is the most I've seen online. More people definitely acquired copies of the game today

There's probably a LOT more people like me who are playing the Single Player multiple times before jumping onto the Online.

jts

...hate me...
Manticore said:
It includes English, French, Italian, German and Dutch for menus, subtitles and speech.
Nooooooooooooooo, where's my precious portuguese ;_;

Thank you for the trouble.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sigh, this game still has team balancing issues. It's like they list the order of ranks and then split the list in half.

bi0wm1.jpg

fireb0x

Neo Member
Wario64 said:
Sigh, this game still has team balancing issues. It's like they list the order of ranks and then split the list in half.

bi0wm1.jpg

Pretty sure that happens when people leave matchmaking after it has "found" them. Whenever you see on the list where it says "Player Found..." and that player leaves matchmaking, it throws the balance off.

Still, I would imagine it should auto adjust the teams even after that.

moai

a question about the game
do people get banned from psn if they play games before release date? i know plenty of people that got the game but are afraid of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom