• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Calavera520 said:
Anyone find a place in Washington DC selling it early?

Crossing my fingers for someone to answer this question, this thread is painful with the amount of people playing it early.

I went to pick up my copy of Demon's Soul yesterday and was surprised to see they were selling Uncharted 2 also. I'm in Chile and we never get stuff early, so it was surprising. Since I don't really have time to play 2 games at once I didn't get it
and after playing Demon's Soul I feel I made the right call
, but definitely will in the future.

iratA

5 Days wait still till the 15th. Argh this is horrible. I actually dreamed I was playing this during my cat nap today. No shit, really! For those brief few moments, I was in some godly videogame paradise where I was at one with my ps3 and Uncharted 2.

Has anyone had luck buying at Target? I'm thinking i'll just rely on my Amazon prime preorder. It would be excellent to have it this weekend though.

rhino4evr

Calavera520 said:
Has anyone had luck buying at Target? I'm thinking i'll just rely on my Amazon prime preorder. It would be excellent to have it this weekend though.

most Target computer systems have a lock out when trying to purchase something that's a pre-release. The one time Target put out something early I went to purchase and was denied.

jts

...hate me...
halp pls

People already playing the UK version: can you confirm me what VO languages are included in the game?

The original Uncharted had all western languages in all western versions. There are rumors that the same doesn't happen in this one.

This is important so I know if I should cancel my pre-order from the UK or not.

btw, if americans can tell me this for their version too, that'd be kay.

MNC

So, bought Uncharted 1. It's a pretty good game but some creaks in the animation show after playing Uncharted 2 so much :lol It's great though. Fighting can be a bitch sometimes :O Find recharging health takes long and enemies hurt me :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
gofreak said:
Just curious, but you can't use the camera in single player, right?

Mores the pity if you can't, because seeing some of Wario's off-screen shots earlier, they looked incredibly good.

Wario - is there much difference between mp and sp graphics? Or is it just scope and things that are different?

You're probably asking the wrong person since I'm not that nit picky in graphics, but both modes look good, though I haven't had much playtime in multiplayer. Obviously there's more action going on in single player with destructible environments and all.

The only thing the MP maps are based on are the environments. I'm pretty sure most of us know there is a snow area, right?
The first chapter is in a snow environment for christ sakes

rhino4evr

Wario64 said:
You're probably asking the wrong person since I'm not that nit picky in graphics, but both modes look good, though I haven't had much playtime in multiplayer. Obviously there's more action going on in single player with destructible environments and all.

The only thing the MP maps are based on are the environments. I'm pretty sure most of us know there is a snow area, right? The first chapter is in a snow environment for christ sakes

I didn't know that the first chapter was in a snow environment..but thanks for that.

oh well.

I really think I'll be picking up the Strategy Guide for this one, I didn't on Uncharted: DF and kind of regret it- still haven't found every treasure. Tried going back and finding from by the online guides- either too messing or not worth the time heh.

finished the story mode last night. waiting for you fuckers to get the game and get some multiplayer on. I really want to try out the co-op mode, not sure what it is...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wario64 said:

The only thing the MP maps are based on are the environments. I'm pretty sure most of us know there is a snow area, right? The first chapter is in a snow environment for christ sakes

Please stop spoiling stuff without warning. They may be insignificant things (where the first chapter takes place, the sex of the end boss), but I'd still rather find out on my own. Guess I should stop reading the thread.

hultrain

Neo Member
The S-Word said:
Anyone in Atlanta got this game early?

This.

Also, anyone who pre-ordered Amazon with release date delivery got notice of shipment yet. I haven't yet, but this is the first time I've done release date delivery, so don't know when to expect they'll actually ship.

Loudninja

RoadHazard said:
Please stop spoiling stuff without warning. They may be insignificant things (where the first chapter takes place, the sex of the end boss), but I'd still rather find out on my own. Guess I should stop reading the thread.

What? he did NOT spoil anything,stop being so sensitive on every little thing.

RoadHazard said:

That may be best. Screenshots and relatively insignificant story references are always going to be part of the official game thread. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if those things are spoiling the game for you, then it is going to be an ever increasing problem for you as more and more people buy the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Loudninja said:

He wrote where the first chapter takes place, which is a spoiler, albeit a very small one. I'm not actually upset about it, I just think it's a bit unnecessary. But, no real harm done (as I'd find this out a minute after starting the game anyway)!

So Target is a possibility and Best Buy probably a no go. Anyone have luck with blockbuster, one that I went to in Dupont Circle said they don't sell games.

Qaz Kwaz

Banned
Square Triangle said:
I really think I'll be picking up the Strategy Guide for this one, I didn't on Uncharted: DF and kind of regret it- still haven't found every treasure. Tried going back and finding from by the online guides- either too messing or not worth the time heh.

How are you "finding it" if you're just looking up their locations in a book? You're not doing JACK.

rhino4evr

Loudninja said:

telling the location of the first level is just as much of a spoiler as telling the location of the last level.

sure I think we ALL know there is a snow level..i mean its on the box. but PERSONALLY, I thought the snow level came much later in the game.

like i said no biggie, but this is like the 3rd or 4th minor spoiler from the same user in the past 24 hours.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sorry, I guess I'll spoil tag every post then. Just noticed that
on very easy difficulty, there's autoaiming that acts like Call of Duty. Sticks to enemies right away if your cursor is near an enemy upon pressing L1, and the cursor sticks with the enemy a little bit if he moves

Victarion

Sooo I got my copy today but multiplayer doesn't seem to work for me. Are the servers up?

Just like Killzone 2 middle east got the game sooner than anywhere else. :D

DoomGyver

Manticore said:
Sooo I got my copy today but multiplayer doesn't seem to work for me. Are the servers up?

Doesn't mean that the middle east got the copy "sooner" it means they broke the street date.

Most US stores honor the street date.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Manticore said:

People in nyc already have it. :lol

jts

...hate me...
Manticore said:

Which region does your copy correspond to? UK?

Question:

I'm watching the new GTTV episode for MW2, but at the end they are going to review Uncharted 2. I've only watched the IGN & G4TV video reviews and I don't want to get spoiled beyond that.

Should I stay away?

KAOz

Short bus special
IronFistedChampion said:
Question:

I'm watching the new GTTV episode for MW2, but at the end they are going to review Uncharted 2. I've only watched the IGN & G4TV video reviews and I don't want to get spoiled beyond that.

Should I stay away?

Stay away.

I watched it, and well, there was kind of a big character spoiler. =/ Wish I didn't see it. It's enough to make you guess and work things out.

Firewire

Banned
_leech_ said:
If anyone's lucky enough to find an early copy in Toronto, PM please :D

I've been trying TRU's, Blockbusters, Futureshops, EB's and all sorts of mom & pop shops in the GTA and nobody is selling it early. The sad thing is most places are saying Wednesday! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom